• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN - January Sale is now Live

FirLocke

Whoa! Like, what?! Muramasa, Brothers, bought. Good thing brothers didn't win the steam flash vote thing. Surprised Ys aren't on PSP sale though, would've bit.

Yo everyone buy Anarchy Reigns, DMC HD (I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH MAKE SURE IT SAYS HD COLLECTION ON IT GOD DAMMIT) and okami I guess...yay.

At that price, it's clear that Sony/Level 5 want as many people as possible to play Ni no Kuni.

y'know, what with the sequel currently being developed on the PS4 and everything

Heh I see, my bad. The blog was slowly opening for me which is why I asked.

Everyone get Brothers and Castle of Illusion HD
The latter is a great 2D platformer and has Sully as the narrator.

And glorious Grant Kirkhope arranged soundtrack!!!

Imtey

Banned
Bioshock 2 worth it? (3.99 quid) Havent played the first one, have it on a disc, should i play that one first?

Is crysis worth it? Never played it, does it run decently on PS3?

Never played Mass Effect before (I know, new to this gen), is it worth 4 quid? Does it run well on ps3? Can I transfer the save to me2 if its physical?

Thanks! What an awesome sale btw

PirateKing

At that price, it's clear that Sony/Level 5 want as many people as possible to play Ni no Kuni.

y'know, what with the sequel currently being developed on the PS4 and everything

I'll soul sacrafice a virgin for a Ni No Kuni 2. Doesn't even need to be about Oli. Make it like Final Fantasy and I'm sure people will enjoy it. I'll be there Day 1.

Spam Yoshida on twitter? At least Sony respond to bad publicity and listen usually.
I don't have a Twitter account but can we first have a proper thread on here then decide on what to do? I bought Dragon's Crown for Vita for $43 physical which came with limited artbook pre-ordered from EB Games. The only time I actually pre-ordered something from EB Games for the art book alone. Meanwhile PSN price was $55.

Uh OP, EU PSN updates on Wednesday, unless the blog post explicitly states it starts early?
Ah OK so they're like flash deals it seems.

69FCHpB.jpg

NeoGash

Bioshock 2 worth it? (3.99 quid) Havent played the first one, have it on a disc, should i play that one first?

Is crysis worth it? Never played it, does it run decently on PS3?

Never played Mass Effect before (I know, new to this gen), is it worth 4 quid? Does it run well on ps3? Can I transfer the save to me2 if its physical?

Thanks! What an awesome sale btw

LOL. (Not your fault, it's just funny)

NeoGash said:
Already said on the previous page.

Mass Effect 1 on PS3 has less performance issues that plagued the 360 version. It is better.
ME2 on PS3 uses the ME3 engine whereas the 360 version of ME2 uses the, you guessed it, ME2 engine. 3>2 and ME2 PS3 > ME2 360. Also has an extra intro comic on PS3, so definitely get the PS3 version (better lighting from memory as well being a key advantage).

Bioshock 1 is much better than Bioshock 2. Bioshock 2 has better gameplay and is worth a run through. For 3.99 quid I'm sure you might be better off finding a retail copy.

I don't have a Twitter account but can we first have a proper thread on here then decide on what to do? I bought Dragon's Crown for Vita for $43 physical which came with limited artbook pre-ordered from EB Games. The only time I actually pre-ordered something from EB Games for the art book alone. Meanwhile PSN price was $55.

I have twitter, but you feel free to start a thread. I can't as I'm a junior, but if you need help listing price discrepancies between different regions as well as between PSN and XBL, I can drop a lot of examples your way. I have my PS3 and 360 connected simultaneously to my T.V through 2 HDMIs.

Imtey

Banned
LOL. (Not your fault, it's just funny)

Bioshock 1 is much better than Bioshock 2. Bioshock 2 has better gameplay and is worth a run through. For 3.99 quid I'm sure you might be better off finding a retail copy.

Didnt see that, thanks. Ill get me1 and stick to retail for bio 2, cheers

ksdixon

What is the discounted price of Tomb Raider (19.99 -"10%")? I suck at maths. Might pick it up, not sure.
Can't believe I missed-out on TR for £4.99 about a week ago over on Xbox360.

Damn. I know it seems pathetic to complain when that many games has went on sale ( and some are super cheap), but literally none of the games I was hoping for that are on sale on the us psn made it over. Ratchet, Tearaway, Arkham Blackgate, none of them. *headbash*

Zushin

Is there anything we can do about this? Also, lol at our retailers with almost with no Vita games in stock. I accidentally found Injustice Vita in one of the newly EB Games opened around here.

Amazing. Gems. You can't go wrong with them if you like action and/or adventure Japanese games.

It certainly sounds better than with the 12 shitty days of Christmas.

Okami is awesome, obviously!

Awesome! Will buy them then :D

Gatdayum between this and steam sales my wallet is crying.

Mondy

Banned
Fuck you Sony! You knew I was getting a Visa Gift Card for Christmas!

Rayman Origins on Vita
Brothers
Metal Slug XX
Castle of Illusion.

Bought. Fuck my backlog.

EDIT: Anyone else having problems with PSN?

oti

Banned
I think I may go with these ones.

Castle of Illusion: Starring Mickey Mouse
Was €12.99/AU$18.45/£9.99, now €6.49/AU$9.22/£4.99
Additional 25% discount for PS Plus subscribers

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Was €14.99/AU$21.95/£49.99, now €4.94/AU$15.29/£3.95
Additional 10% discount for PS Plus subscribers

Burnout Paradise (Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Ukraine)
Was €19.99/AU$24.95/£15.99, now €4.99/AU$6.23/£3.99

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Not available in Croatia, India, Israel, Kuwait, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE)
Was €19.99/AU$29.95/£15.99, now €12.99/AU$19.46/£10.39

Muramasa Rebirth
Was €24.99/AU$36.95/£19.99, now €12.49/AU$18.47/£9.99

hohoXD123

Nothing mindblowing but some prices are actually really good, didn't think Sony EU had it in them (PS+ good, sales terrible). Too bad it hasn't started in Germany yet but I'll get Muramasa asap.

The Steam community f'd up there, lost by 2% in the vote to Chivalry, another great game but still...

I think the problem there was SteamGAF wanted Brothers, need to do some reverse psychology shit.

NeoGash

Didnt see that, thanks. Ill get me1 and stick to retail for bio 2, cheers

Hmm, if I were you I'd check your go-to bargain stores online and see how much you can get Bioshock 2 for. I doubt you can get it for 3.99, but it depends on how much more you are willing to pay for a disc and whether downloads are a problem for you and HDD space. £3.99 seems cheap to me.

EDIT: Oh yeah, £3.99 is equivalent to about $7 AU, so definitely a good grab. Double check online though to see what your stores can do for you.

ksdixon

eh.. Im probably gonna wait. I finished TR's story in the rental weeekend, so only want to go back for it's good gameplay, there's nothing new that game can really offer me. Around £20 for a digital copy on either PS3's current sale price, or seemingly on X360:GamesOnDemand's regular price is a bit too much at this stage. Damn my money problems the other week when I could have grabbed it for £5 on XBL:GOD sale. I did pick it up on the Steam Sale for £5, but my PC isn't strong enough to run it.

Blinck

Fuck...
I have been resisting Steam sales very well and I wasn't gonna buy any games during this christmas time.....
..but ...
...Ni No Kuni and Muramasa....goddamn it

NeoGash

UPDATE OP

Brothers is actually $7.24 for Australia, $6.52 with PS+. Just checked on my PS3, am browsing the store now.

f@luS

More than a member.
Wow at prices
Ea is on a roll on this sale

Too bad my PS3 is un sleeping Room on 32' TV now with ps4 on living Room on 65". I said i wont buy PS3 game anymore i already have 30+ game If backlog

But how is vita assassin creed ? Ac4 gave me a lot If love ...

panda-zebra

Banned
Phenomenal sale - real deals to be had, plenty of them. can't believe anyone could sit and read that and sulk at there being nothing they want.

My Vita received P4G yesterday and it's going to be joined by lots of LEGO very soon. And was going to wait for brothers on ps+ at some point but why wait when it's that cheap now.

Mondy

Banned
So just browsing the Vita PSN and this thread, I've added Hercules PSone and Muramasa Rebirth to my purchases.

I have a problem.

Top Bottom