• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN JULY part 2 sale - 260+ items - Witcher 3, XCOM Vita and plenty more

AndyVirus

For someone who is only interested in PS4 exclusives, are the David Cage games worth it? I guess Heavy Rain is, but I'm on the verge about Beyond.
Heavy Rain is great; only issues are voice acting (due to a lot of them being French but it adds a slight endearment) and a few (well one main) plot holes. Beyond addresses the voice acting issue completely but is no way near as interesting. On PS3 the jumbled narrative doesn't help whatsoever, so if you do buy then play chronologically.

sprinkles

Did Xseed ever hint at releasing the other Corpse Party games on Steam? I really liked the first one they put out recently. I'd rather play the others on PC as well instead of having to dust off my Vita.

Staf

Maybe it's finally time for me to get Bloodborne. But No man's sky is next week right? So i might hold of until then.

kanuuna

Assassin's Creed Triple Pack for 39.95€ is pretty good. A fair amount of good deals, actually. Doesn't look like they're updating the deal of the week, though.

Did Xseed ever hint at releasing the other Corpse Party games on Steam? I really liked the first one they put out recently. I'd rather play the others on PC as well instead of having to dust off my Vita.

The other CP games they localized never had a PC version so probably not.

mandiller

Is Mortal Kombat XL worth it? I enjoyed MK9 but didn't play it for ages after finishing the story mode. Would you say its better or worse than that one?

It seems Witcher 3 is not going to have a nice sale coupled with its expansion pack neither on Steam nor on PSN eventhough that it was released for quite some time and that games released after it and even this year got better discounts than it. GOTY edition can't come any sooner.

Though true, I can't think of another game more deserving of its asking price... Even this far out.

Randy

Haven't played Red Dead Redemption yet, but I'm hesitating if I should buy just the original version or the bundle with Undead Nightmare. Is the last one worth it?

Haven't played Red Dead Redemption yet, but I'm hesitating if I should buy just the original version or the bundle with Undead Nightmare. Is the last one worth it?

Definitely get Undead Nightmare.
One of the best DLCs ever made in my opinion.

Jornax

What's the deal with This War of Mine: The Little Ones on the PS4? Does it contain the base game as well or is it completely separate from that, a standalone release? Confused because The Little Ones is DLC on Steam for which the base game is actually required.

NIN90

It seems Witcher 3 is not going to have a nice sale coupled with its expansion pack neither on Steam nor on PSN eventhough that it was released for quite some time and that games released after it and even this year got better discounts than it. GOTY edition can't come any sooner.
I can't see the price for W3 since I'm at work but I'm guessing it's at least discounted to $35. That's $60 with the DLC and the GOTY version probably won't be any cheaper.

Ruruja

Just bought a PS4, talk about good timing.

Bloodborne and MLB 16: The Show stand out for me.

Maybe Destiny.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
How is Borderlands 2 on the vita now ? I remember hearing some issues with frame rate but are they all fixed now ?

Also how is civ on vita ? I know its the mobile version but was wondering if it was good as someone who adored Civ 5
May just get these 2 plus xcom and dragon age

Kuraudo

Banned
I might give Bloodborne another go at that price. I gave up on it pretty early because I was working on finals when it came out and it was just adding to the stress lol. But always wanted to try it again.

I know it's no witcher but dragon age is worth it at £5.50 right?

Yeah. It outstayed its welcome for me, but I had fun with it for maybe the first 30 hours. Definitely worth a shot at that price.

I can't see the price for W3 since I'm at work but I'm guessing it's at least discounted to $35. That's $60 with the DLC and the GOTY version probably won't be any cheaper.
I think the GOTY has an RRP of 50€, at least you can find it for that price

mandiller

Okay thanks guys I'll give it a try.

Just a word of warning though: Play the main campaign and don't focus on other missions. The collect-a-thons that pass as sidequests are rubbish. It's very different to the Witcher, in that the Witcher's sidequests were the best thing about it.

JP

I hate these sales, I complain about them when they're poor value and I complain about them when they aren't because...money. :(

I'm half tempted to pick up Lego Marvel Avengers £24.99 (Deluxe £29.19) as I'm playing the original game at the moment but I know these games will probably end up in a Christmas sale for under £15.00. All my TellTale games have been bought about a year after release and for heavily discounted prices. There are other games that have caught my attention but I don't really know anything about them. What do people think of Mortal Kombat X (£15.99/ XL £24.99), Republique (£12.49) and The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Gold Edition (£14.99)?

pbayne

Just Child of Light for me (lol its about time i got it since it seems to have been on sale at least two billion times).

Just a word of warning though: Play the main campaign and don't focus on other missions. The collect-a-thons that pass as sidequests are rubbish. It's very different to the Witcher, in that the Witcher's sidequests were the best thing about it.

Okay I will bear that in mind :)

Tsunamo

Does XCOM run decent on Vita? I don't mind if the loadtimes for levels are long aslong as it runs decently.

I'm tempted to get Dead Island considering i've never played it before and liked Dying Light, but i've heard Riptide isn't that great, is it worth the extra or should I just grab the original?

Other than that got my eyes on Trials, Enter the Gungeon and LOUD on Planet X, pretty decent EU sale.
Is Michonne worth it?
I got it and played it not too long ago. Having only 3 episodes it escalates and struggles to put everything The Walking Dead games have (choices, conflict) and everything escalates really quickly due to the shorter length. It really would've benefitted from being 4 or 5 episodes instead of 3, but with that said as a Michonne fan it added a bit onto her character and it was enjoyable seeing a bit of the time she was away in the comics and dealing with her regrets.

If you enjoy the Michonne character and want to see a bit more of her i'd recommend it, but if not it's a bit hard to recommend because it's short.

SomTervo

Zombie Army Trilogy doesn't have split screen co-op does it?

Would playing the three AC games get old, or do they play sufficiently different?

It's a lot of content, but those are the three absolute best games in the series, IMO. Especially by modern standards.

Either get the triple pack or just get Syndicate by itself. Best AC game to date, and unlike the others it's a legit great game even outwith the series' standards.

Staal

Does XCOM run decent on Vita? I don't mind if the loadtimes for levels are long aslong as it runs decently.

The loadtimes can be pretty long, but it runs pretty decently on the Vita. I've bought it in the last sale and been playing it for quite some time. There are pop-ins and some of the leveldetail will load in later. There is also an issue where the shots will be fired but you won't see it clearly, it informs you that it has missed or you see the damage.
It shuts down any connection, so it fully drains any horsepower the vita can give.

But overall, it's X-Com on the go, which is absolutely awesome.

I've been waiting on a good sale for Far Cry Primal.
Prices aren't up yet in OP or the EU blog post, I'm hoping it's around the £20-25 mark.

Edit: nvm it's 32 quid, still too much for my blood even though I love Far Cry in general.

Hystzen

OléGunner;211562208 said:
I've been waiting on a good sale for Far Cry Primal.
Prices aren't up yet in OP or the EU blog post, I'm hoping it's around the £20-25 mark.

Hahahahaha it really ain't it's £32.99 unfortunately

Tsunamo

The loadtimes can be pretty long, but it runs pretty decently on the Vita. I've bought it in the last sale and been playing it for quite some time. There are pop-ins and some of the leveldetail will load in later. There is also an issue where the shots will be fired but you won't see it clearly, it informs you that it has missed or you see the damage.
It shuts down any connection, so it fully drains any horsepower the vita can give.

But overall, it's X-Com on the go, which is absolutely awesome.
Thanks for the impressions.

It's a steal at that PS+ price considering it's a decent port then.

Bishop89

Sniper elite 3
standard - ps3 $15
ultimate edition - ps3 $11.65
standard - ps4 $14
ultimate - ps4 $16.45

makes complete sense..

Bishop89

i wanted to get the doom collection but then realised i had doom 3 bfg edition which comes with 1+2 -.-

Any chance the originals will find their way onto ps4?

I want to try Beyond Two Souls, but it looks like if I don't like Heavy Rain I probably should just skip it right?

I dunno, if you didn't like Heavy Rain then Beyond likely ain't for you (unless you like ghost stories?)
Heavy Rain imo is the much better game as a whole, better story cohesion and character arcs with a multitude of diverse endings.

Theecliff

Banned
i'm playing the trial for the crew right now to get a feel for it and whilst handling feels weirdly heavy i'm kinda liking it. i've been yearning for an open world driving game on my ps4.

so does anyone still play this game online and what's the sort of consensus on it in it's current 'wild run' state?

black070

Picked up:

-The Evil Within
-Amazing Spiderman 2 Gold Edition
-Darksiders II: Deathinitve Edition
-Jetpack Joyride

Own pretty much everything else I'm interested in.

Top Bottom