• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN JULY part 2 sale - 260+ items - Witcher 3, XCOM Vita and plenty more

OléGunner;211573227 said:
I dunno, if you didn't like Heavy Rain then Beyond likely ain't for you (unless you like ghost stories?)
Heavy Rain imo is the much better game as a whole, better story cohesion and character arcs with a multitude of diverse endings.

I think Beyond is far worse than HR. So if you didn't like HR i dont think you should even bother with Beyond

You saved me 12 €. Not interested anymore.
I think I'll only get XCOM for Vita

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Don't know why, but I'm seriously considering the DS II Deathinitive edition. Probably since the DS1 remaster was announced.

Greddleok

Hyperlight Drifter. Got it, looks great, but I still need to finish Blood and Wine first.

I also got Valkyria Chronicles. I am so excited to play that game again, one of my favourites of all time.

Freeman76

Is Trials Max Awesome Edition worth it? Good content season pass content?

Its not bad, but dont expect another Trials HD or Evo, its not in the same league. The tracks are pretty good for the most part, the themes are a bit dodgy at times, and fuck the unicorn section entirely

New indies added to the sale today. Sorry too lazy to make a list, but if there's an indie you want check the store or wait for the update :p

Will probably grab LUMO for 65% off

Intel_89

New indies added to the sale today. Sorry too lazy to make a list, but if there's an indie you want check the store or wait for the update :p

Will probably grab LUMO for 65% off

It's getting a physical release on PS4/Vita by Rising Star Games, you might want to hold on to your money. (the placeholder on amazon.es sets both versions at the starting price of 19,99€ + shipping)

PONCHO is less than 2€ and even though I've read the game can get frustrating I might bite, Mercenary Kings and Dust An Elysian Tale are also on my list since I didn't have PS+ when they were on offer. Oh, I might get Volume as well.

illusionary

After some deliberation over the last day, I've bitten on Shadow Complex Remastered and LUMO for now. N++, Unravel, Oxenfree and The Swindle are doing a good job of continuing to tempt me; DotT Remastered too, though I think that I need that on PC.

Oh yes, and fingers crossed for INSIDE to get a launch discount - I reckon that I could justify £12 to myself to buy at launch.

It's getting a physical release on PS4/Vita by Rising Star Games, you might want to hold on to your money. (the placeholder on amazon.es sets both versions at the starting price of 19,99€ + shipping)

PONCHO is less than 2€ and even though I've read the game can get frustrating I might bite, Mercenary Kings and Dust An Elysian Tale are also on my list since I didn't have PS+ when they were on offer. Oh, I might get Volume as well.

Tempting though the physical release is, for £19.99 vs £5.14, that''s too great of a difference. Maybe if it gets down to £5-ish eventually (I could see that as feasible with Boomerang ex-rentals, perhaps early next year), I might end up double-dipping...

Pehesse

Still no Odins Sphere :(

The game came out, what, five, six weeks ago in Europe? It'd be madness to discount it so early. It's well worth its current full price,
and the devs could most likely use the funding to keep making 2D HD games.

On my end, bought the Swindle for Vita. I want to love the game, but as you go further in, technical issues begin to arise that lead to deaths that are clearly due to lag and/or logic bugs. That's not good for a game on a time limit that demands player precision... if you want to play it, my advice is to stick to the Ps4 version, probably. Haven't gone as far in that one, hopefully it doesn't have the same issues.

Think I'm getting Shadow Complex, Day of the Tentacle and Oxenfree. Honestly, I bloody love these sales. There's so little reason to buy games on launch any more, as most digital titles get a pretty good discount within 2-3 months, if you don't mind waiting.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Shadow Complex replay is tempting, but it's one of the weaker metroidvanias imo.

After some deliberation over the last day, I've bitten on Shadow Complex Remastered and LUMO for now. N++, Unravel, Oxenfree and The Swindle are doing a good job of continuing to tempt me; DotT Remastered too, though I think that I need that on PC.

Oxenfree and Unravel should definitely tempt you, amazing games.

INSIDE however... is on another level. Don't wait on a sale for that, get it asap when it's available.

Intel_89

Oh yes, and fingers crossed for INSIDE to get a launch discount - I reckon that I could justify £12 to myself to buy at launch.

Tempting though the physical release is, for £19.99 vs £5.14, that''s too great of a difference. Maybe if it gets down to £5-ish eventually (I could see that as feasible with Boomerang ex-rentals, perhaps early next year), I might end up double-dipping...

I'd rather pay the extra money and get the retail version but that's just me. Anyway I've been tempted by N++ as well but since one of the creators outright said they were going to try and make it part of PS+ at some point I've been putting it on hold.

illusionary

Oxenfree and Unravel should definitely tempt you, amazing games.

INSIDE however... is on another level. Don't wait on a sale for that, get it asap when it's available.

Hehe, I don't need any help with spending money on games, but cheers for the recommendations. I've got enough in PSN credit to cover buying INSIDE (admittedly, I've also got plenty of Xbox Live credit and could buy there - not my platform of choice, though), but if I can find a source of some more decently-priced credit I might follow through on these too.

danthefan

Have played through Divinity on the PC (not the enhanced edition) but really considering a double dip.

Playing from the couch is very appealing and I've been meaning to play the EE. Loved the game so much.

illusionary

If there's anything from this sale that you're undecided on, it may be worth checking your email - I've just today had a 10% discount voucher sent to my secondary PSN account (but valid on any account, it seems). This'll be enough to push me into a few of the purchases that I was deliberating over, I reckon... Oxenfree and Unravel will have to top that list.

Edit: expires 24 August 2016 at 23.59 (BST)
INSIDE releases on 23 August... now that's very nice and convenient! I can certainly wait a week on using this...

illusionary

Those who've not received anything, apologies for getting your hopes up. I think this is probably only about the second time that I've done so, so it's certainly hit-and-miss.

I've never gotten a voucher. Do you have to sign up or something?
The eligibility requirements include "have opted in to receiving email marketing messages from the Promoter", which is via your profile settings IIRC.

Those who've not received anything, apologies for getting your hopes up. I think this is probably only about the second time that I've done so, so it's certainly hit-and-miss.

The eligibility requirements include "have opted in to receiving email marketing messages from the Promoter", which is via your profile settings IIRC.

Just checked and I have that box ticked. Hmm, wonder what differentiates us.

The vouchers seem random. I have gotten only one ever.

I believe it helps if you haven't bought anything in the ongoing sale, but it seems only a small number of people get one.

Heavily considering...

The Crew: Complete Edition - ~£20
Arkham Knight - ~£15
Divinity: Original Sin - ~£15
The Evil Within - ~£10
Need For Speed: Deluxe Edition - ~£20

I would jump on Divinity and Arkham Knight, I loved those two.

Evil Within isn't worth a tenner as digital in my opinion since you can get it for £8-10 at retail, albeit preowned

I've received one of these 10% vouchers on my German alt account. Feel free to take it if you're using a German account. Quote to reveal:

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
If anyone else has one of those vouchers, it'd be much appreciated.

Think I'm getting Shadow Complex, Day of the Tentacle and Oxenfree. Honestly, I bloody love these sales. There's so little reason to buy games on launch any more, as most digital titles get a pretty good discount within 2-3 months, if you don't mind waiting.

Sadly, neither Salt and Sanctuary nor Hitman have had a discount yet. Normally, I wouldn't mind jumping in at full price for games I want, but as I've got a baby on the way, I've decided to start waiting on sales.

Tizoc

SFV for 25€ is probably worth mentioning.
Honestly not a bad price for the game, and one that is good to have digitally

Deluxe Edition is GBP 5 more than the Season Pass.
Capcpom pls
I take it the digital ver. will work fine with the retail version's save data?

Deluxe Edition is GBP 5 more than the Season Pass.
Capcpom pls
I take it the digital ver. will work fine with the retail version's save data?

I think so. It worked for the 2 games I did it with in the past

And idk, the season pass always seemed super weak to me. But for 10€ more than the base game it could be okay

Tizoc

I think so. It worked for the 2 games I did it with in the past

And idk, the season pass always seemed super weak to me. But for 10€ more than the base game it could be okay
I mainly want the fm and i believe it comes with hot ryu so that is a nice plus

xrnzaaas

From my wishlist I can see that The Warriors and Manhunt on PS4 are both £7.99 (from £11.99). I've just bought The Warriors.

I feel like it's still too much for Manhunt. Gonna keep waiting. :) By the way any news if the sequel has a chance of making an appearance? I never had a chance to finish it.

Top Bottom