• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU: Spend €50 on PlayStation Store in March, get a €10 voucher to spend in April

Doomshine

I feel like I'll need to contact the support in order to get my code, since I don't receive mails from Sony.

It should come as a notification on your PS4, the only thing you'll get as an email is a confirmation that you spent 50 and will receive the code.

I get that people are impatient, but the easter sale runs until the 27th

Not to mention there are people who already received their codes.

Taker666

I feel like I'll need to contact the support in order to get my code, since I don't receive mails from Sony.

I don't either (well I get emails for when I add funds or make a purchase..but nothing else,never have..and they don't go to my spam folder either).

I didn't get an email stating I qualified (when I clearly have). I just changed my email address in case that might help spur something.

I wish it was still going to be delivered via a notification on the PS4, as I feel it's far more likely I'll get that. Still...you'd think they could just top up your wallet without the actual need for a code at all.

My account's Region 2 and mostly follows UK/EU region, also haven't received a code via notifications tab OR the email.

Not that I'm looking forward to buying anything, but getting something is better than nothing right? RIGHT?

Ludens

Banned
It should come as a notification on your PS4, the only thing you'll get as an email is a confirmation that you spent 50 and will receive the code.

Eh, but on AskPlaystation they wrote codes will be delivered via mail :S

I was hoping to use this for the Full Throttle pre-order.
My suggestion is...don't bother. I mean, the game is totally worth the price and it's great, but if you have Plus, it will end on the service soon or later, since all DoubleFine games were on Plus.

StylusX

After missing out on GR2 i'am in no rush to get the code but you send out an email saying you'll get it on a specific date at least stick to it

dracula_x

→ https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/march-cash-back/cid=STORE-MSF75508-CASHBACK0407

36f4ec57-48c0-4a6c-8a4a-6dabfbbb49bb.jpg

My suggestion is...don't bother. I mean, the game is totally worth the price and it's great, but if you have Plus, it will end on the service soon or later, since all DoubleFine games were on Plus.

Eh, It's only 12€ to preorder and comes with a theme. That's low enough for me to not bother waiting for a year to play it.
(Never played it though, otherwise I would wait as well I guess)

Ludens

Banned
We are on 10, and no mail or notification from Sony. I contacted the support again, since they told me to wait until 10.

Gunkankun

Seems it is delayed yet again for "a few days". Real darn shame seeing as we'll be missing the Cosmic Star Heroine preorder discount this way.

Lol @ Sony really taking the piss with this one.

The goal-posts just keep moving..

April 6th-7th..

April 9th...

April 10th...

Where is the code? They definitely have a list of everyone who qualified for the voucher, hence the email sent saying you've qualified. Bung all those people onto a mailing list and mass-send unique codes to the email addresses registered with those PSN ID's...

Email marketing really isn't hard Sony, I do it for a living.

EDIT: Yes the Easter sale expires on the 26th. But the code must be used in April... what if they don't send it till the 25th/26th? A lot of people are going to miss out because of their mistakes.

Lol @ Sony really taking the piss with this one.

The goal-posts just keep moving..

April 6th-7th..

April 9th...

April 10th...

Where is the code? They definitely have a list of everyone who qualified for the voucher, hence the email sent saying you've qualified. Bung all those people onto a mailing list and mass-send unique codes to the email addresses registered with those PSN ID's...

Email marketing really isn't hard Sony, I do it for a living.

EDIT: Yes the Easter sale expires on the 26th. But the code must be used in April... what if they don't send it till the 25th/26th? A lot of people are going to miss out because of their mistakes.
I get that we're all a little frustrated, but surely we can collectively realize that if it were in fact as simple as just emailing codes to a mail list, that they would have already done it.

DrDamn

They definitely have a list of everyone who qualified for the voucher, hence the email sent saying you've qualified.

I don't think they do yet. I should have qualified but I've not had an email or code yet. I was very late in qualifying though. Some people got emails before the qualifying period was over (On the 30th I think). I reckon they messed up by putting the deadline too early, or calculating too early, and now they are having to back track. Maybe that or time zone calculation issues.

Freeman76

Sony advertised a promotion

Sony gave a date to receive promotion.

Sony failed to give promotion.

Why should we give a shit next time they run a promotion?

Maybe you shouldnt, perhaps you should boycott them over this 10 quid offer that is 2 days late arriving to your inbox?

Ludens

Banned
Sony's support answered me suggesting to wait some more days, without giving me a final date to contact them if I won't receive the code (while the first time they told me to wait the 10th).

I get that we're all a little frustrated, but surely we can collectively realize that if it were in fact as simple as just emailing codes to a mail list, that they would have already done it.

True, there is some validity to that.

Kinda weird how they've struggled with it for over a week though.

If PS5 was coming out tomorrow with a £50/$50 discount (never gonna happen I know), they'll make sure everyone got that email no doubt. :p

I don't think they do yet. I should have qualified but I've not had an email or code yet. I was very late in qualifying though. Some people got emails before the qualifying period was over (On the 30th I think). I reckon they messed up by putting the deadline too early, or calculating too early, and now they are having to back track. Maybe that or time zone calculation issues.

That's very unfair if people who qualified on the 29th/30th.. Hope they rectify this all, cause it's been a big mess.

TP-DK

True, there is some validity to that.

Kinda weird how they've struggled with it for over a week though.

If PS5 was coming out tomorrow with a £50/$50 discount (never gonna happen I know), they'll make sure everyone got that email no doubt. :p

Over a week? So far its been 2 days.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying things, but why the hell can't they just add the credit to our wallets?

I think because of the huge sale that happened last month, they didn't expect so many people to buy so much. I mean, almost everyone I speak to who has a ps4 bought so much from the deals to be eligible.

I think because of the huge sale that happened last month, they didn't expect so many people to buy so much. I mean, almost everyone I speak to who has a ps4 bought so much from the deals to be eligible.

Yeah, but why all this shit with codes being giving through notifications on your system and later through emails. I don't mind waiting a bit to get the credit, but just add it to my wallet.

Didn't get the initial eligibility email but just got my voucher.

Also, while the voucher has an expiry you can redeem it and the £10(or euros) gets added to your wallet which doesn't expire. At least thats what happens when the US has this type of promotion.

Yeah, but why all this shit with codes being giving through notifications on your system and later through emails. I don't mind waiting a bit to get the credit, but just add it to my wallet.

I imagine their official line is they decided to not do this because it could theoretically break the wallet limit. Yes, according to EULA there's a wallet limit. I wonder how high it is.

The unofficial line is, of course, that the part of the whole deal is that you are supposed to be able to miss the trigger for your 10€.

Kinyou

Didn't get the initial eligibility email but just got my voucher.

Also, while the voucher has an expiry you can redeem it and the £10(or euros) gets added to your wallet which doesn't expire. At least thats what happens when the US has this type of promotion.
It's weird, the email does say that you need to redeem and spend it in April, but i also cant imagine that Sony would just take the money out of the virtual wallet again

Top Bottom