• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer Portugal: [retailer] Worten confirms it will sell GTA 5 for PS4

EGOMON

If its really coming to PS4 i hope they will give the option to purchase GTA Online as standalone version at lower price i don't want to play GTA V again am done with that i just want GTA Online with higher players count (128) and 1080p@30fps

StuBurns

Banned
So is this Rockstar owes Sony exclusive talk fan fiction?
The story goes Sony had GTA4 exclusive for a window, they gave up this in exchange for Agent, which obviously hasn't shipped, Sony also gave/sold LA Noire, after having put forty million dollars into the project, some people believe that was bartered for exclusive content or an exclusive game.

It's worth noting that TakeTwo did provide Sony with exclusive content for Mafia 2, RDR and LA Noire, they also got free BioShocks with BioShock Infinite.

Who knows who's owed what really though.

The story goes Sony had GTA4 exclusive for a window, they gave up this in exchange for Agent, which obviously hasn't shipped, Sony also gave/sold LA Noire, after having put forty million dollars into the project, some people believe that was bartered for exclusive content or an exclusive game.

It's worth noting that TakeTwo did provide Sony with exclusive content for Mafia 2, RDR and LA Noire, they also got free BioShocks with BioShock Infinite.

Who knows who's owed what really though.

Didn't BioShock 2 also come to PS+?

Sorry-ish for the bump, but is this pretty much going to happen? 100% sure?
I'm just thinking of trading in my copy of GTAV to help pay for Infamous:SS today...

Chobel

Sorry-ish for the bump, but is this pretty much going to happen? 100% sure?
I'm just thinking of trading in my copy of GTAV to help pay for Infamous:SS today...

Yes!
It is real.
Only on this. I have a friend who is a dev at the studio who basically says he has played the PS4 version. He told me to wait for that version, which I am. They seem to be holding off announcing it, but this is the rockstar way i think.

2real4tv

Just wanted to say I am in Porto Portugal right now will be headed back to the US in the morning. Nice to see Portugal in the gaming section go Porto soccer team!

Been replaying it a bit on PS3, seriously jonesing for a PC version now. But I wonder if it'll be more like Max Payne 3 or GTA IV in regards to porting quality. Still, mods.

coldfoot

Banned
Would not be surprised if it's PS4 timed exclusive, just because it's easier to develop for it at the moment and the XB1 version would take longer anyway...

XanaviF30

I would double dip for a graphic/framerate upgrade. I picked up the ps3 version and only put in about an hour of play, so I will glady buy it for my ps4.

NHale

Would not be surprised if it's PS4 timed exclusive, just because it's easier to develop for it at the moment and the XB1 version would take longer anyway...

If I had to guess this wait is because they want to include the first DLC for GTA V in the retail disk for PC/PS4/X1.

Increase the value proposition for those that already bought it on last-gen consoles.

Pain

Banned
Only on this. I have a friend who is a dev at the studio who basically says he has played the PS4 version. He told me to wait for that version, which I am. They seem to be holding off announcing it, but this is the rockstar way i think.
Thanks for the info dude!

I resisted buying it for PS3 because I wanted my first playthrough of the game to be in 1080p with a stable framerate. Decision redeemed.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I've got the PS3 version of GTAV already and I'd only consider buying the PS4 version if my MP progress was accessible on the PS4. If I had to go about levelling up again I wouldn't even bother purchasing.

Majmun

I'm sure there will be a XO version as well. Why not?

Paying for GTAV exclusivity should cost a lot, me thinks.

Wedge7

NIce!

I'm also one of those who waited, hoping that it would eventually come to, well, I didnt actually consider PS4/Xbone, but PC, but honestly, any of those three will be just fine. Better frame rates/resolution, awesome.

Griss

I've held off on GTA V, and it has been difficult. The game looks fantastic, but that's the very reason I held off: I want to make sure I play the best version I can, and open-world games are the one genre where I felt that the hardware was letting the experience down towards the end of last-gen.

Please let this come out before next October. Should be a July/August release, imo.

Skyr

I was thinking maybe they want to release it as some Kind of GOTY Edition with a singleplayer expansion which they probably working on right now.
Would be one more reason to buy it for the people that already played it on 360/ps3.

Wish I didn't get this game yet, maybe better graphics will make it more fun too. First GTA I haven't finished. Im sure itll be a full priced rerelease too which is a shame.

Vitor711

The frame rate really hampered the experience with this game. 60FPS would be huge.

Pretty much this. I HATE lock on targeting in games but the awful FPS on last gen consoles forced me to use it. If they manage to sort that out and have some nice IQ at 1080, well, I'm back in.

Never did finish the main game, performance really broke it for me.

I'll double dip.

This is when I expect the big games for PS4 to come out, distributed strategically for each month, accompanied by a bundle:

July/August: Driveclub bundle
September: Destiny bundle
October: GTA V bundle
November: The Order 1886 bundle

With Watch Dogs too, they'll have bundled and advertised (displaying PS4 version only) the biggest games of the year. Watch Dogs and Destiny are already being advertised as a PS4 game in early commercials. GTA V had bundles and its ads showed the PS3 version, it's safe to assume it'll be the case for PS4 as well, if that version is really in the works.

Piccoro

Just wanted to say I am in Porto Portugal right now will be headed back to the US in the morning. Nice to see Portugal in the gaming section go Porto soccer team!

Oh man, I'm in Porto too! If I saw your post earlier we could hang out, fellow GAFFER!

I'm sure there will be a XO version as well. Why not?

Paying for GTAV exclusivity should cost a lot, me thinks.

Of course there will be. It's rather insane to think this will be an exclusive port. R* and T2 would be leaving a lot of money on the table by making it exclusive.

I would buy this in a heartbeat.

GTA 5 stands to gain so much performance wise from a next gen
(current gen)
port.

Assuming it exists...The day it's announced, i'll have it pre-orded and paid off faster than you can blink. Maybe even for both next gen systems if it's available...Craziness!!

cluderi

I'm sure both current gen consoles will be there.

I'd like to book a spot in the bunker for release just in case there's any kind of resolution/frame rate/etc difference.

Somewhere near the air vents in the back if possible.

Top Bottom