• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Sony's live service pivot "may not pay off the way Jim Ryan had once hoped", says industry insider

Phil Spencer is desperate and made desperate moves. It is unprecedented what he did by launching two tiers of consoles

Sony’s PS5 strategy is the same as what’s been used before previously

I’m neutral on Jim Ryan, I think he’s mostly a suit that didn’t make any major mistakes, but his legacy won’t be fondly remembered because he made many anti consumer moves and switched to a GaaS focus

Sony has never launched a digital-only console...

Not making mistakes is another way of saying he makes good decisions, but not wanting to give him credit for positive outcomes.

It's not easy not to make mistakes.

Sony has never launched a digital-only console...

Not making mistakes is another way of saying he makes good decisions, but not wanting to give him credit for positive outcomes.

It's not easy not to make mistakes.

The digital only console is not the reason for its success.

85% of sales were the higher priced version

Jim Ryan gets credit for not fucking up like Phil, but to be fair he already had a well run machine in place and a well established strategy to continue it.

Dud his tenure result in anything anazing for Sony? That will rest largely on the success of GaaS investments. Right now that’s unknown

Last edited:
The digital only console is not the reason for its success.

85% of sales were the higher priced version

Jim Ryan gets credit for not fucking up like Phil, but to be fair he already had a well run machine in place and a well established strategy to continue it.

Dud his tenure result in anything anazing for Sony? That will rest largely on the success of GaaS investments. Right now that’s unknown

Where did I say the digital-only was the reason for its success?

You said he did everything previous generations have done, but yet he has specifically done something that has never been done before.

It's debatable how well that machine ran when it runs pretty slim operating margins.

He's made key acquisitions that could change Sony forever and the path he's laid sony on in terms of increasing their operating income outside of console game and hardware sales will be felt for decades to come.

The PC emphasis
The purchase of Nixxes
The purchase of Audeze
The purchase of Bungie
The purchase of Bluepoint
The purchase of Insomniac
The standing up of PlayStation Productions
Investments into Mobile Gaming
Investments into China and South Korea
Investments into support studios
The release of a pro controller

Yeah, keep pretending as if Jim Ryan hasn't made a sizeable impact...

Uh, no. He’s had an impact. I just don’t think we’ll know whether it was good or not until the GaaS stuff starts releasing.

So far his legacy will just be “not bad, nor great” until that is known.

Outside of the GaaS games, he's still made a sizable impact.

Howard Stringer only dreamed of getting this type of collaboration out of Sony when he was CEO of Sony Group.

The Last of Us would have been his opus.

Sony is for the first time successfully leveraging their strengths and the strengths of other elements of their group companies, that is thanks to Jim Ryan.

When you compare The Last of Us and the Uncharted movie to the Ratchet and Clank movie that was farmed out, it tells you quite a bit about the different strategies from different leaders.

Jim Ryan has ventured into PC while at the same time leading PS5 to the highest playstation sales since the PS2... Sony was always historically afraid of supporting PC because they thought it would eat into their console sales. Jim has been able to juggle both.

I love bitter tears like this.

Millions of gamers love them, which has now extended across PC in recent years. When factoring the latter is that still "because Playstation is popular" or is it more because you have no idea how to (or can't) appreciate them?
Movie "games" are boring. there are actual games that sell millions too out there.

White-fire

I'd love to see some of these massive games as service attempts to be scrapped and repurposed into single player games that Sony is known for.

You do know Sony still has all their top studios making single player games? They are increasing their investment in them. Why are we being so obtuse when it comes to this subject.

There are people who buy PlayStation’s every console cycle and never touch their first party output. Sony wants to increase first party revenue and move away from their reliance on third party (anyone can snatch them away). The way you do this is not by catering to the same minority subset of people who buy your games. It’s by reaching the people who DON’T.

Not every game will be for you, and that is ok, not everything should be catered to you, other people exist. Let Sony continue their first party blockbusters, while also reaching new people.

Last edited:

White-fire

Movie "games" are boring. there are actual games that sell millions too out there.

Games such as God Of War Ragnarok, The Last of Us, and Spider-Man 2 have top notch gameplay teams that make their games play beautifully. They are fun and engaging. Heck, Naughty dog is trying to create an entire multiplayer game based off their fluid mechanics from Part 2.

To say that they aren’t games shows your bias too much. Your comment doesn’t even make any logical sense, especially if you simply look up the definition of a game, or compare it to other games today.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Jim Ryans impact actually begins with the release of Concord later in 2024.

That was the first acquisition under his watch after the great GAAS explosion of 2018. Can't truly start assessing his choices until then.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
great GAAS explosion of 2018
zHaeKBH.gif

Orbital2060

Eurogamer have become intolerable to read. Theyre basically doing the same thing as MetroUK in making articles up to support their own points of concern. Its just one big pile of FUD.

When do we expect Sony might start talking about future games?

More importantly, are their fans demanding it and should they be?

Well I don't think people want to wait 2-3 years before something releases. My guess is that Sony will announce games once they are closer to release. It doesn't mean they gave up making games though.

White-fire

When do we expect Sony might start talking about future games?

More importantly, are their fans demanding it and should they be?

After Spider-Man 2 they will begin marketing for FFF7 Rebirth, Granblue Fantasy: Relink, and Helldivers 2.

But I suspect they will have either a SoP in December or something at TGS. Latest would be after Helldivers.

They still have Rise of Ronin, Concord, MLB 24, and presumably Stellar Blade as well. Along with anything else unannounced for next year. February/March latest?

My hope: second showcase late this year.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
If one sticks it could pay off 10x the cost of the other failed attempts. It's a plausible attempt and future proofing. Can't wait to play Helldivers 2 and the upcoming Concord. GT7 is already a successful GaaS.

mcjmetroid

Completely missing the fact that these development studios have grown in size and have multiple teams now.

Naughty dog are already confirmed to be working on multiple projects. And It's likely guerilla are too.
Well if this is the true then it's a failure of relevant announcements to balance things out. Similar to said Nintendo Wii example. Nintendo of COURSE had proper core games in development.. You would just never know it the way they were acting during E3 with their spotlight on Wii music, Wii fit resort etc etc. In the end they didn't balance the information and in my opinion that had poor quality of core games as a result. The Wii was a far worse console for core games than the Gamecube was and it told about 5 times more.

In the PlayStation Showcase last year it was heavy on GAAS and PSVR2 if I recall and I think it was their first one in a few years at that point wasn't it?

Maybe they DO have the proper games to balance things out but then they need to sort out their messaging. The way things are to me as a casual observer, All signs to me point towards full steam online on live service games especially when they said they had 10 in development at one stage.

I don't think they should have no GAAS games don't get me wrong. Variety is important but that's not the vibe I'm getting here and it's also not the vibe the actual insiders seem to be getting.

Last edited:

John Wick

What do you guys think?
They aren't overnight going to have success. They absolutely did right in buying Bungie for this. They should also buy Crytek and add their expertise as well. They have engine, FPS and multiplayer experience and fantastic graphics programmers.
I don't think they should do too many live service games but balance it out with SP and MP games. Media Molecule need to be utilised properly. Expand the team and have them make charming games and platformers etc. Hopefully there will be no rash decisions to shut down studios like Evolution etc.

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
Well if this is the true then it's a failure of relevant announcements to balance things out. Similar to said Nintendo Wii example. Nintendo of COURSE had proper core games in development.. You would just never know it the way they were acting during E3 with their spotlight on Wii music, Wii fit resort etc etc. In the end they didn't balance the information and in my opinion that had poor quality of core games as a result. The Wii was a far worse console for core games than the Gamecube was and it told about 5 times more.

In the PlayStation Showcase last year it was heavy on GAAS and PSVR2 if I recall and I think it was their first one in a few years at that point wasn't it?

Maybe they DO have the proper games to balance things out but then they need to sort out their messaging. The way things are to me as a casual observer, All signs to me point towards full steam online on live service games especially when they said they had 10 in development at one stage.

I don't think they should have no GAAS games don't get me wrong. Variety is important but that's not the vibe I'm getting here and it's also not the vibe the actual insiders seem to be getting.

You and others are just getting caught up by forum hype.

The quality of the games that sony produces has been very high quality.
(last two years have consisted of: Horizon, GT7, God of War, PSVR2, soon Spiderman.)

Realistically they are waiting for spiderman to release before announcing more big guns,
that's basically been sony's announcement cycle this gen. keep quiet about game until it's near release.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
You and others are just getting caught up by forum hype.

The quality of the games that sony produces has been very high quality.
(last two years have consisted of: Horizon, GT7, God of War, PSVR2, soon Spiderman.)

Realistically they are waiting for spiderman to release before announcing more big guns,
that's basically been sony's announcement cycle this gen. keep quiet about game until it's near release.
Horizon forbidden west was announced 2 years (2020) previous to release (2022)...Spider Man 2 was officially revealed more than two years ago on 09 september 2021 (someone can correct me If Im wrong) ... so I really want to know where this narrative that sony reveals game closer to release has come from.

And if you you think two plus years is the correct (close) time for reveling.. well.. we can assume that any game revelead from now on is at least two+ years away from releasing..

So 2024/2025 .. is looking reaaally good ... for gaas

Topher

Gold Member
Horizon forbidden west was announced 2 years (2020) previous to release (2022)...Spider Man 2 was officially revealed more than two years ago on 09 september 2021 (someone can correct me If Im wrong) ... so I really want to know where this narrative that sony reveals game closer to release has come from.

And if you you think two plus years is the correct (close) time for reveling.. well.. we can assume that any game revelead from now on is at least two+ years away from releasing..

So 2024/2025 .. is looking reaaally good ... for gaas
Announcements from Sony first party studios for PS5.....

3 years ago
Horizon Forbidden West announced in June 2020
Gran Turismo 7 announced in June 2020
God of War: R announced September 2020

2 years ago
Spider-man 2 announced September 2021
Wolverine announced September 2021

Since then......nothing.

Would not be surprised at this point if Jim Ryan was holding back 2024 game announcements for a big retirement bash. Otherwise, we are getting games at least two years away at the end of 2025, possibly 2026. Either way, the announcements are way passed due.

Last edited:

yurinka

What do you guys think?
Such pivot to GaaS doesn't exist, it's Bloomberg spreading Sony lies and FUD fake news as usual:

Jim became CEO in April 2019 and Hermen in November 2019.

List of Sony GaaS games released/to be released since then but already greenlighted before they became CEO, as it's the case of TLOP1 or the idea of making the PC efforts:
  • Dreams (known to be in delopment years before they became CEO)
  • Destruction All Stars (released February 2021, must have been greenlighted earlier)
  • Gran Turismo 7 (started after Gran Turismo Sport launch, which also is GaaS)
  • Firewall Ultra (started after Firewall Zero Hour launch)
  • Convallaria (if it's a GaaS -I think won't-, its first video was published March 2019)
  • Helldivers 2 (started in 2015/2016 after Helldivers 1 launch)
  • Concord (studio founded in 2018)
  • Horizon Online (its game director Simon Larouche working on it since Feb. 2018 according to his LinkedIn)
  • London Studio new IP (their previous game was released in May 2019 and before that they had 2 teams)
  • Destiny 2 (already released when acquired)
  • Marathon (already in development when acquired)
  • Matter/new Bungie IP (already in development when acquired)
List of the first 1st party known games greenlighted in the Jim and Hermen era:
  • Death Stranding 2 (started after DS1 launch)
  • New open world IP by Bend, which was pitched by Bend after Days Gone (Sony/PS Studios/Jim/Hermen approved the first pitch that Bend sent them after Days Gone 1, which was this new IP, they never received a Days Gone 2 pitch because the Bend studio boss blocked the directors from sending it to Sony)
  • Ghost of Tsushima 2 (started after GoT1 launch)
  • Unannounced ND game(s) under development, at least one of them SP (started after TLOU2 launch, not sure when)
  • Wolverine (started after Morales launch)
  • Team Asobi's next game (a 3d action platformer with humor bigger than the Astros) and multiple prototypes)
  • Deviation's game (studio founded in 2020)
  • Housemarque next game (started after Returnal release)
  • Fairgame$ (even if they started to work on it at Google, maybe started production at Sony)
  • Horizon 3 (pretty likely started after HFW release)
  • Insomniac game with MP (pretty likely started after Rift Apart)
  • Next GoW, set in a new mythology (started after GoWR)
Games that aren't clear when they started:
  • Spider-Man 2 (started after Spider-Man 1, we don't know exactly when but if just after release, which is likely, wouldn't be greenlighted by them)
  • TLOU Online (branched out from TLOU2 to become a standalone game in 2019, not sure if before or after Jim and Hermen became CEO)
  • Horizon CoM (Guerrilla and Firesprite have more than two teams working at the same time since who knows when)
  • Unannounced projects by Firesprite+Fabrik, since they have multiple games under development at the same time but we don't know since when and don't even know the amount of games under development that they have

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Announcements from Sony first party studios for PS5.....

3 years ago
Horizon Forbidden West announced in June 2020
Gran Turismo 7 announced in June 2020
God of War: R announced September 2020

2 years ago
Spider-man 2 announced September 2021
Wolverine announced September 2021

Since then......nothing.

Would not be surprised at this point if Jim Ryan was holding back 2024 game announcements for a big retirement bash. Otherwise, we are getting games at least two years away at the end of 2025, possibly 2026. Either way, the announcements are way passed due.
If you assume he's being planning to retire, or as usual in this industry , they retired him because of reasons ... lets wait for the new comer to step in and start talking so we can see if anything changes or Jimbo path is indeed Sony's path.

And to your point we dont have anything on wolverine yet so I really dont think its a 2024 game.. but even if it is.. at best .. will be 3 years since announced.. so my point stands.. and this "sony reveals are closer to launch" is bs

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
If you assume he's being planning to retire, or as usual in this industry , they retired him because of reasons ... lets wait for the new comer to step in and start talking so we can see if anything changes or Jimbo path is indeed Sony's path.

And to your point we dont have anything on wolverine yet so I really dont think its a 2024 game.. but even if it is.. at best .. will be 3 years since announced.. so my point stands.. and this "sony reveals are closer to launch" is bs

Definitely don't see Wolverine in 2024 either so if we get anything in 2024 then it will have to be something we weren't expecting. That's just me being hopeful more than anything. Hate the thought of nothing coming from Sony's own studios for an entire year or more.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Such pivot to GaaS doesn't exist, it's Bloomberg spreading Sony lies and FUD fake news as usual:

Jim became CEO in April 2019 and Hermen in November 2019.

List of Sony GaaS games released/to be released since then but already greenlighted before they became CEO, as it's the case of TLOP1 or the idea of making the PC efforts:
  • Dreams (known to be in delopment years before they became CEO)
  • Destruction All Stars (released February 2021, must have been greenlighted earlier)
  • Gran Turismo 7 (started after Gran Turismo Sport launch, which also is GaaS)
  • Firewall Ultra (started after Firewall Zero Hour launch)
  • Convallaria (if it's a GaaS -I think won't-, its first video was published March 2019)
  • Helldivers 2 (started in 2015/2016 after Helldivers 1 launch)
  • Concord (studio founded in 2018)
  • Horizon Online (its game director Simon Larouche working on it since Feb. 2018 according to his LinkedIn)
  • London Studio new IP (their previous game was released in May 2019 and before that they had 2 teams)
  • Destiny 2 (already released when acquired)
  • Marathon (already in development when acquired)
  • Matter/new Bungie IP (already in development when acquired)
List of the first 1st party known games greenlighted in the Jim and Hermen era:
  • Death Stranding 2 (started after DS1 launch)
  • New open world IP by Bend, which was pitched by Bend after Days Gone (Sony/PS Studios/Jim/Hermen approved the first pitch that Bend sent them after Days Gone 1, which was this new IP, they never received a Days Gone 2 pitch because the Bend studio boss blocked the directors from sending it to Sony)
  • Ghost of Tsushima 2 (started after GoT1 launch)
  • Unannounced ND game(s) under development, at least one of them SP (started after TLOU2 launch, not sure when)
  • Wolverine (started after Morales launch)
  • Team Asobi's next game (a 3d action platformer with humor bigger than the Astros) and multiple prototypes)
  • Deviation's game (studio founded in 2020)
  • Housemarque next game (started after Returnal release)
  • Fairgame$ (even if they started to work on it at Google, maybe started production at Sony)
  • Horizon 3 (pretty likely started after HFW release)
  • Insomniac game with MP (pretty likely started after Rift Apart)
  • Next GoW, set in a new mythology (started after GoWR)
Games that aren't clear when they started:
  • Spider-Man 2 (started after Spider-Man 1, we don't know exactly when but if just after release, which is likely, wouldn't be greenlighted by them)
  • TLOU Online (branched out from TLOU2 to become a standalone game in 2019, not sure if before or after Jim and Hermen became CEO)
  • Horizon CoM (Guerrilla and Firesprite have more than two teams working at the same time since who knows when)
  • Unannounced projects by Firesprite+Fabrik, since they have multiple games under development at the same time but we don't know since when and don't even know the amount of games under development that they have
Can you give me, if you please, the list of Sony ,first party only, officially announced with game name and studio atached, Single Player and MP/Gaas games for the next two years window.

Games that have no name, has not been officially announced in any way shape or for dont count... job hiring, propably in development, next game started x time ago... nothing like this counts.

A simple list of games with names and faces, officialy announced by sony official channels

Raonak

Banned
Can you give me, if you please, the list of Sony ,first party only, officially announced with game name and studio atached, Single Player and MP/Gaas games for the next two years window.

Games that have no name, has not been officially announced in any way shape or for dont count... job hiring, propably in development, next game started x time ago... nothing like this counts.

A simple list of games with names and faces, officialy announced by sony official channels

Once again, you're getting caught up in marketing.

Just because they aren't announcing stuff, doesn't mean much.

Sony's been shortening it's announcement cycle, it's been a obvious trend, as evident by their latest releases.

Demons souls was announced 6 months before launch.
Miles Morales was announced 6 months before launch.
Returnal was announced 11 months before launch.
Rift apart was announced 12 months before launch.
Horizon COTM was announced 13 months before launch.
Helldivers 2 was announced 7 months before it's upcoming launch.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Once again, you're getting caught up in marketing.

Just because they aren't announcing stuff, doesn't mean much.

Sony's been shortening it's announcement cycle, it's been a obvious trend, as evident by their latest releases.

Demons souls was announced 6 months before launch.
Miles Morales was announced 6 months before launch.
Returnal was announced 11 months before launch.
Rift apart was announced 12 months before launch.
Horizon COTM was announced 13 months before launch.
Helldivers 2 was announced 7 months before it's upcoming launch.
Im only asking for a simple list of first party officialy announced games ... in 3 to 6 months this list could be outdated and the picture could be entirely different and all this conversation about MP/GaaS push been blown to smithereens... but as of right now ... it dosent look good there is no denying that.

I dont live of hopes and dreams.. I leave that to my friends in the gamepass machine camp

Last edited:

yurinka

No, because Sony focuses their marketing in games planned to be released in the next months, normally maximum a year and a half after announcing/showing them. And doesn't announce the release date until closer to release.

Meaning, it's super likely that all the unreleased announced games I listed very likely will be released (unless delayed) in two years from now, in addition to many games still not announced.

I listed them if we know they exist and are in production, because was a list of greenlighted games.

You forgot to include only games featuring a pink dog and to ask a date with Ana de Armas. I listed the games we know they highlighted, that's all. They'll show and announce their release date when they consider it's the time, which often is pretty close to release.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
No, because Sony focuses their marketing in games planned to be released in the next months, normally maximum a year and a half after announcing/showing them. And doesn't announce the release date until closer to release.

Meaning, it's super likely that all the unreleased announced games I listed very likely will be released (unless delayed) in two years from now, in addition to many games still not announced.

I listed them if we know they exist and are in production, because was a list of greenlighted games.

You forgot to include only games featuring a pink dog and to ask a date with Ana de Armas. I listed the games we know they highlighted, that's all. They'll show and announce their release date when they consider it's the time, which often is pretty close to release.
Ok mate you dont want to do the list because will kill your whole swiss cheese argument.. thats ok .. we all being there but in case you want to try again to save face is really simple.. no pink dog or dates needed... I just need officially announced first party games with at least a name attached to it

Last edited:

yurinka

Ok mate you dont want to do the list because will kill your whole swiss cheese argument.. thats ok .. we all being there but in case you want to try again to save face is really simple.. no pink dog or dates needed... I just need officially announced first party games with at least a name attached to it
I already made two big lists in a post above. You can make another one yourself, I won't do it for you.

Sony announces games and release dates when pretty close to release because every year they release a shit ton of great games so they have to market: 1st, 2nd, 3rd party and indie exclusives plus big selling multiplatform games who have a marketing deal with them.

2023 is a particularly busy year with tons of great games in PS, so they focus on market them. And once released they'll move their focus to 2024 games and so on. The 2026 games, most 2025 games and even some 2024 aren't announced. And many 2024/2025 games announced still don't have dates, because they have been busy focusing on marketing their great and super busy 2022 and 2023 lineup.

Last edited:

EDMIX

? I mean...Yurinka might be the last person to even be saying this to, if anything they make the most detailed post out of most users on here to really be questioning something like this.

So Sony for the last few years only wants to do a big marketing push around their titles when they are near or close to release or they have a good idea of the release window. Its why we didn't hear of Demon Souls remake literally until the year it was released. edit. Last Of Us 1 remake reveal was literally the SAME YEAR of its release. btw...

So after Spiderman 2, I'm sure during that Game Awards Show they have later in the Fall, you'll see Sony's marketing push start for Death Stranding 2 and what ever they have planned for fall 2024

Then after they released you'll see yet another marketing push for what they have for 2025 (might be Wolverine, could be Ghost Of Tsushima 2, who the fuck knows)

but this idea that its nothing cause they didn't fucking tell you YEARS in advance is a bit silly and literally makes no fucking sense. Those teams exist, they are confirmed to be working on projects...you just haven't heard of em yet.

....thats it.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
I already made two big lists in a post above. You can make another one yourself, I won't do it for you.

Sony announces games and release dates when pretty close to release because every year they release a shit ton of great games so they have to market: 1st, 2nd, 3rd party and indie exclusives plus big selling multiplatform games who have a marketing deal with them.

2023 is a particularly busy year with tons of great games in PS, so they focus on market them. And once released they'll move their focus to 2024 games and so on. The 2026 games, most 2025 games and even some 2024 aren't announced. And many 2024/2025 games announced still don't have dates, because they have been busy focusing on marketing their great and super busy 2022 and 2023 lineup.
Yeah I saw your vaporware list ... sorry.. dont work with vaporware.. thats in the xbox camp

And I love the revisionist view on time of announcements and release of MAJOR first party games .... spider mans 2 plus years since the announcement says helo... as does Horizon Forbidden West , GT7, Ragnarok, and the future Wolverine

EDMIX

Yeah I saw your vaporware list ... sorry.. dont work with vaporware.. thats in the xbox camp

And I love the revisionist view on time of announcements and release of MAJOR first party games .... spider mans 2 plus years since the announcement says helo... as does Horizon Forbidden West , GT7, Ragnarok, and the future Wolverine

Nah man, there is no point to waste any energy on this shit then.

To tell you those titles will be announced later its "derr games dat have no name"

To them give you a list of actual titles is now "vaporware"

So....I don't really know what it is you are seeking at this point as I don't think anyone can have a discussion regarding this with you. You are asking folks on here to literally predict the fucking future lol

The teams factually exist, they put out titles, they are merely working on titles right now and Sony would rather market the year of their release and strike while the iron is hot on some of their line ups. Thats as simple as I think anyone can make this.

Take it as you will.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
? I mean...Yurinka might be the last person to even be saying this to, if anything they make the most detailed post out of most users on here to really be questioning something like this.

So Sony for the last few years only wants to do a big marketing push around their titles when they are near or close to release or they have a good idea of the release window. Its why we didn't hear of Demon Souls remake literally until the year it was released. edit. Last Of Us 1 remake reveal was literally the SAME YEAR of its release. btw...

So after Spiderman 2, I'm sure during that Game Awards Show they have later in the Fall, you'll see Sony's marketing push start for Death Stranding 2 and what ever they have planned for fall 2024

Then after they released you'll see yet another marketing push for what they have for 2025 (might be Wolverine, could be Ghost Of Tsushima 2, who the fuck knows)

but this idea that its nothing cause they didn't fucking tell you YEARS in advance is a bit silly and literally makes no fucking sense. Those teams exist, they are confirmed to be working on projects...you just haven't heard of em yet.

....thats it.
My friend.. Im not here in this particular case to discuss projects in possible development and future announcements, I was simply asking for the games that are already officially announced and already have been shown by sony in any way... I cant discuss what dosent officially exist as a game

Last edited:

EDMIX

I cant discuss what dosent officially exist as a game

Ok, we'll see you when those games are announced and we can talk about it then.

Cause at this point you are asking for some users on here to predict the future. MOST publishers are not out here just telling you the whole generation of games they'll release. I'd argue MS has a more solid reason to do that as they are the ones that sold the least last gen and must market a reason to buy them this time over Switch or PS or something.

Nintendo and Sony don't need to do that.

They have proven teams, which means to them it makes more sense to just market when they are close to release and start longer marketing tales on IP they feel need longer exposer or something.

So if you don't wish to talk about cause they haven't announced it, that isn't really some fucking theory of doom and gloom cause they are not telling shit 7 years out man. Sony no longer does that and they've made that clear for a while now that they are having shorter marketing windows on some of those IP.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Nah man, there is no point to waste any energy on this shit then.

To tell you those titles will be announced later its "derr games dat have no name"

To them give you a list of actual titles is now "vaporware"

So....I don't really know what it is you are seeking at this point as I don't think anyone can have a discussion regarding this with you. You are asking folks on here to literally predict the fucking future lol

The teams factually exist, they put out titles, they are merely working on titles right now and Sony would rather market the year of their release and strike while the iron is hot on some of their line ups. Thats as simple as I think anyone can make this.

Take it as you will.
Predict the future ???

No sorry.. I aint asking that.. Im not disputing there are possible multiple games in development.. and Im not asking them to be named..

I cant speak more clearly.. Im simple asking for the games that have been shown and/or have been officialy announced.. games that have a face and a name.

I didnt think would be this hard to understand.

EDMIX

Yeah.. the list contains some games that literally havent been officially announced in any way , shape or form ... if this is solid for you.. fair enough.. we will agree on disagree on what is a solid list

Its solid enough because we literally see the fucking hiring of developers and they are describing the actual elements of the past titles.

Like with Ghost Of Tsushima 2, Sucker Punch description regarding the hiring is literally an open world stealth game with melee combat.

The list is a well thought out, educated guess on what is very likely to be what they'll be working on. I don't know what to tell you at this point.

To provide any information, is to have then securitized to an almost ridiculous degree.

As in PD could be working on GT8 or even a sequel to GT Sport
Sony Bend is confirmed to be working on a new IP
A lot of what is on that list, can be confirmed based on their own damn hiring page. You telling me Sony hiring for nothing to happen? They just keeping those teams open and paying people for lolz?

Come on man lol

We can debate when it comes out, we can debate IF The project makes to a reveal and releases, shit we can debate so many things, I don't think we should be debating the reality of Sony's Teams are currently working on games.

Last edited:

yurinka

Predict the future ???

No sorry.. I aint asking that.. Im not disputing there are possible multiple games in development.. and Im not asking them to be named..

I cant speak more clearly.. Im simple asking for the games that have been shown and/or have been officialy announced.. games that have a face and a name.

I didnt think would be this hard to understand.
My friend.. Im not here in this particular case to discuss projects in possible development and future announcements, I was simply asking for the games that are already officially announced and already have been shown by sony in any way... I cant discuss what dosent officially exist as a game
You're the revisionist here saying 'sony haz no gamez'. I shown the list of known games that we know were greenlighted by Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst. And most of them aren't GaaS.

And another list of the Sony GaaS released or to be released under their command but that were already greenlighted before they became CEO. Which shows that most Sony GaaS recently released or to be released weren't greenlighed by Jim or Herm.

So these lists prove that Jim Ryan and Hermen didn't create the GaaS push and that the majority of games they greenlighted aren't GaaS. And that they didn't make any 'pivot to GaaS' and that they don't force the devs to make GaaS.

So Bloomberg lies get debunked again as fake news. And on top of that it also shows that the 'sony haz no gamez', 'sony haz no SP gamez', 'sony announced games are vapourware' narratives are nonsensical and stupid.

That's all.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Its solid enough because we literally see the fucking hiring of developers and they are describing the actual elements of the past titles.

Like with Ghost Of Tsushima 2, Sucker Punch description regarding the hiring is literally an open world stealth game with melee combat.

The list is a well thought out, educated guess on what is very likely to be what they'll be working on. I don't know what to tell you at this point.

To provide any information, is to have then securitized to an almost ridiculous degree.

As in PD could be working on GT8 or even a sequel to GT Sport
Sony Bend is confirmed to be working on a new IP
A lot of what is on that list, can be confirmed based on their own damn hiring page. You telling me Sony hiring for nothing to happen? They just keeping those teams open and paying people for lolz?

Come on man lol

We can debate when it comes out, we can debate IF The project makes to to a reveal and releases, shit we can debate so many things, I don't think we should be debating the reality of Sony's Teams are currently working on games.
Yes.. and Im not here to debate this either... and if you think this is what I am debating you should re-read all again mate. In fact I didnt ask to debate anything, I asked for a simple list of first party officially announced games and for some reason this list dosent matter, the more important one is the no name vaporware list

Last edited:

ergem

You shouldn’t hate GaaS because most of its consumers are casuals anyway. They wouldn’t spend into gaming and make the industry bigger if not for these GaaS games.

The gaming will remain stagnant and will not bring new customer without these GaaS games. Bringing in new customers into gaming is how the gaming industry would grow.

In others words, they don’t affect you as long as traditional games are still being made. But take note that the demand for these $70 games will determine the supply. If we continue seeing traditional games losing money because not enough traditional gamers buy them to make them worthwhile business-wise (see failed like Callisto Protocol, Forspoken etc.), we will see the supply adjust to what’s the market can accommodate and publishers will be more careful in their investments.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
You're the revisionist here saying 'sony haz no gamez'. I shown the list of known games greenlighted by Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst. And most of them aren't GaaS.

And another list of the GaaS released/to be released under their command but that were already already started before they became CEO. And include most Sony GaaS recently released or to be released.

So these lists prove that Jim Ryan and Hermen didn't create the GaaS push and that the majority of games they greenlighted aren't GaaS. So Bloomberg lies get debunked again as fake news. And on top of that it also shows that the 'sony haz no gamez', 'sony haz no SP gamez', 'sony announced games are vapourware' narratives are nonsensical and stupid.

That's all.
Well if you find where I said that "sony haz no games" in development ill be happy to correct myself, and I didnt even dispute your vaporware list, which may well be very accurate. But for some reason I asking for a more realistic list of already announced and shown games for the near future is somehow controversial... I wonder why

Raonak

Banned
Yes.. and Im not here to debate this either... and if you think this is what I am debating you should re-read all again mate. In fact I didnt ask to debate anything, I asked for a simple list of first party officially announced games and for some reason this list dosent matter, the more important one is the no name vaporware list
You keep missing the point that sony has moved away from list-wars that you're looking for. They're not gonna announce games years in advance anymore.

If you want to know what's announced:
Helldivers 2, FF7R2, Death Stranding 2, Wolverine and you sprinkle in whatever additional smaller/GAAS games get announced.

there ya go a great 2024 PS5 exclusive lineup.

Top Bottom