• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer Staff Selling Illegal Nintendo Bootlegs

Cattlyst

How in the world did this thread about Nintendo bootleg suddenly become a Brexit Farage debate?
It's the new version of the old 'every argument is only 3 degrees away from calling someone a Nazi' or whatever it was. Now every argument ends with Brexit. Still, it seems like Eurogamer have ignored the whole episode. Ironic that they're called Eurogamer though. Wonder if they'll change their name after Brexit... :messenger_tears_of_joy:

MilkyJoe

A : The guy in the youtube... I found him difficult to watch.
B : Bitching about someone advocating for throwing milkshakes... really dude? This was a reference to someone throwing milkshake on a known fascist in the UK. Yes - the milkshake throw was warranted, and far lesser a fate than the violence his views have catalyzed. Kindly fuck off.
C : Eurogamer is not behind the bootlegs. Apparently one journalist is, and one other guy who did art for the pressing. This just seems like this Youtube guy is bitter, and dancing in a glee of pety revenge?
D : How is this a 15 minute video?

JFC grown up, son. The guy is a bell end, but having a different opinion to you doesn't make him a fascist

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
JFC grown up, son. The guy is a bell end, but having a different opinion to you doesn't make him a fascist

Ain't about his opinion being different to mine; it's about his opinions on immigration being hard lined alongside soft-worded racist diatribe and him previously running UKIP which was considered a 'softened' rebrand of BNP when it launched. BNP being a known openly racist group (now since reforming as they believe UKIP is too soft, despite still being filled with racist trash). UKIP had better marketing is all. UKIP is a trash outfit, that simply has more support now since the doors opened for racist views to be openly and freely expressed per world events.

Wake up.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Ain't about his opinion being different to mine; it's about his opinions on immigration being hard lined alongside soft-worded racist diatribe and him previously running UKIP which was considered a 'softened' rebrand of BNP when it launched. BNP being a known openly racist group (now since reforming as they believe UKIP is too soft, despite still being filled with racist trash). UKIP had better marketing is all. UKIP is a trash outfit, that simply has more support now since the doors opened for racist views to be openly and freely expressed per world events.

Wake up.
Identity politics are a disgrace, and indeed far right identity politics are vile throughout. But believers in this are a very fringe minority.

Being a nationalist hardly makes one a fascist, or even racist. Love of the country, culture and all that. It can draw bad actors like any ideology.

What grinds my gears is far left identity politics being mainstream, practiced by millions under the guise of virtue.. And while nothing like the blunt force of the far right, the far left is like death by a thousand cuts.

Neither has a place in an evolved society.

Last edited:

ROMhack

They did review Sea Of Thieves as Essential.
Yo Ho A Pirate's Life For Me...

Didn't see that but everything about EG's coverage of Sea of Thieves was dripping in paid advertisement. They kept pushing previews and then guides and basically had an entire Sea of Thieves section up for a while.

Last edited:

FranXico

Didn't see that but everything about EG's coverage of Sea of Thieves was dripping in paid advertisement. They kept pushing previews and then guides and basically had an entire Sea of Thieves section up for a while.
Same as Destiny and other select games.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member

Wake up.

Get off your personal political soapbox and get back to the topic of the thread, thank you.

Skyfox

Get woke go bootleg

EG were cool but I knew it was game over when they redesigned the site to show the faces of the team.

The second I saw it I knew it was a mistake that would destroy them. Shame.

To explain: the site was all white men (and one woman I think - she was pretty cool as I recall) but that wasn’t clear until they put the names and pictures on display.

After that it was a time bomb. They began employing SJWs out of fear.

Glad virtue signalers are being punished though. More and more examples of it every day. Any sensible media company will have noticed the financial hit (Sony pictures, EA) that comes with these political movements - for the simple reason that your customers won’t pay for you to attack them.

Last edited:

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Identity politics are a disgrace, and indeed far right identity politics are vile throughout. But believers in this are a very fringe minority.

Being a nationalist hardly makes one a fascist, or even racist. Love of the country, culture and all that. It can draw bad actors like any ideology.

What grinds my gears is far left identity politics being mainstream, practiced by millions under the guise of virtue.. And while nothing like the blunt force of the far right, the far left is like death by a thousand cuts.

Neither has a place in an evolved society.

Agreed. It's a mess. My unarticulated point was simply that the nationalism rebranding over a formerly known racist outfit by one particular fella was ignored, and is a mask and nothing more. I probably could make it better in hindsight, but here we are.

Anyway - my initial point prior to that tangent was more a lack of understanding at why everyone was jumping on EG, rather than just focusing on the one guy doing the pirating. Seemed a like there was already hate for EG and people were just looking for a reason to pile on. Couple that with the initial youtube video being what appeared to be someone with a sad vendetta against the site and it simply made me more curious.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
It's truly remarkable how this was completely ignored by the gaming media. It's almost like they were covering shit up, but they wouldn't do that would they?

cryptoadam

Banned
It's truly remarkable how this was completely ignored by the gaming media. It's almost like they were covering shit up, but they wouldn't do that would they?

It has nothing to with diversity in gaming, which character is LGBQT, or WOMENZ so of course the gaming media won't cover it.

Not if Eurogamer was selling bootleg trans pics of Mario I am sure this would be front page newZ and REEEEEEE would have a 120000000 page thread about it.

Top Bottom