• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer Switch Impressions: Screen Details, Joycons, Software, Hybrid, etc

noshten

We know barely anything about the game. The single player hasn't even been mentioned at this point, what a silly post.

from the article we are discussing

Eurogamer said:
£60 for Splatoon 2, which barely qualifies as a sequel and is closer to being an expanded port of a game that cost half as much when it was released two years ago. It's just not on.

slit

which barely papers the cracks between the releases from Nintendo's own studios - studios that are being stretched pretty thin themselves.

After that presentation I'd like to know from what exactly?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Isn't WiiU still, like, $500? No way in haaaaaail does this get a price cut before its first holiday season.

Wii U got a price cut within the first year. The current price is shockingly the result of that.

That's some imagination, a price drop in 3 months prior to a second round of software unveils? That's barely enough time to get a sales trajectory especially when you're expecting spikes and have heavy hitters like Splatoon lined up. 3DS was a really short one and it took 6 months. I don't think you'll see any price movement until the holidays at best and that probably won't be a drop but a pack-in.

They will know the trends right away. Like they knew with Wii U and they did the emergency January 2013 Direct.

March will surely have big sales, but if in April and May the sales drop heavily then they will know.

Who do you expect a price cut 3 months after launch? That would signal they have no confidence in the Switch or their software lineup. Investors would flee.

The 3ds got one pretty fast. OK, E3 might be too fast, but surely before holidays. Maybe announced somewhere in August.

Why are people lining up for a game that barely qualifies as a sequel?

OT: Splatoon 2 - Barely a squidlel

2860583-inkling+yes.gif

Probably the same/similar reason they line up to buy CoD, Battlefield, Madden, Fifa, etc.

I'm assuming that there will be a new single player campaign and from what we've seen, all of the special abilities are new and they were demo'ing the game on a new map.

Future

I like the idea of a pimp ps vita. But then EMBRACE it. Overload me with mobile ports of old games perfect on the go. Give me fighters and puzzlers and some rpgs: fast quick games and then long experiences where I want to freedom to play anywhere makes them easier to play. Make this a portable NES, SNES, N64, GameCube where I can access games already purchased. Give me 3ds ports modified to use only one screen. Show me this is an awesome handheld experience

Right now it's a handheld with console like long ass development

Odrion

Banned
Other Android tablets with similar hardware don't play Zelda games. And if they did their battery would die even faster.

For all the flak Nintendo gets for Switch, battery life is not a fair complaint. Nintendo can't magically make better battery tech appear out of thin air.
the best case scenario for battery life on the switch is six hours, which is a lot lower than your mainstream tablets

StereoVsn

the best case scenario for battery life on the switch is six hours, which is a lot lower than your mainstream tablets

Have you tried to play any of the heavier games on say iPad Mini 2-4? None will last 6 hours. Browsing, videos, etc... that's fine, but once the GPU starts going, most games will kill the battery under 3 hours.

I like the idea of a pimp ps vita. But then EMBRACE it. Overload me with mobile ports of old games perfect on the go. Give me fighters and puzzlers and some rpgs: fast quick games and then long experiences where I want to freedom to play anywhere makes them easier to play. Make this a portable NES, SNES, N64, GameCube where I can access games already purchased. Give me 3ds ports modified to use only one screen. Show me this is an awesome handheld experience

Right now it's a handheld with console like long ass development

Why on earth they couldn't have a quick and dirty port of Pokémon ready for launch I'll never know.

A £200 high end handheld with the best version of Pokémon could have been an enticing prospect for a large market.

The software situation could have been so easy to fix and bulk out wth a little effort and investment. Yet here we are left with an embarrassingly thin lineup that reinforces the notion that this is just another Wii U.

My 2 year old £60 Windows tablet has a 720p IPS display. They're a cheap commodity item at this point, and the very least we should expect from the ridiculous £280 price point.

Games are not gonna render at 1080p so what is the point? To make people "feel" better?

Top Bottom