• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: The Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein 2 to be announced at Bethesda presser

Wolfenstein - Doom - Wolfenstein 2 (?)

Could Bethesda really publish such a God tier three-peat for the the fps genre?

Please have the new order devs on this. Please

Sotha_Sil

It's a little disappointing to see so many sequels at Bethesda's conference, but they've got a strong lineup of IPs. Good to see Arkane Lyon, Arkane Austin, Tango Gameworks, and MachineGames will be taking center stage while BGS, ZOS, and Id take a backseat.

-Dishonored 2
-Wolfenstein 2
-Evil Within 2
-Prey 2 (we'll see about this one)

I really hope all four of those games are running off Id Tech 6 or some derivative of it (we already know Dishonored 2 is). DOOM had great performance on both console and PC.

-Fallout 4 expansion
-Skyrim remaster (still seems unlikely)
-DOOM stuff (hopefully SP with all the outcry for it)
-TESO something
-Mobile/cards

Joey Ravn

Banned
I'm not going anywhere near that Evil Within 2, but I'm hyped for Wolf 2.

My soon-to-be-bought 1080 will be ready for it :D

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Hell yeah. I really hope both of these are running on idTech 6. That engine is amazing
I suspect that Wolfenstein will and The Evil Within 2 won't given I've heard that Tango didn't have the world's easiest time with a foreign language, foreign support engine on top of their job postings.

I suspect that Wolfenstein will and The Evil Within 2 won't given I've heard that Tango didn't have the world's easiest time with a foreign language, foreign support engine on top of their job postings.

Yeah I was thinking similar. Wolfenstein very very likely is but The Evil Within worries me it wont. That said for as much as I enjoyed Evil Within it was a technical mess so I really hope they can have better development next time around regardless of what engine they use.

Varth

-Skyrim remaster (still seems unlikely)

Actually hey confirmed themselves that it existed, if only as an internal project meant to familiarize with the new hw at the turn of gen. Now, given it exists in some form, would you really believe that all the work could go to waste?

Absolutely loved Evil Within,i know it's a very devisive game,but so happy if there's a sequel.

I'll take another Wolfenstein to,brilliant fps

So basically there won't likely be a single surprise announcement at Bethesda at this point?

We know of
- Dishonored 2
- Skyrim Remaster
- Wolfenstein 2
- Evil Within 2
- Prey 2

That's one hell of a lineup honestly but it's a bit of a bummer for them all of that leaked. The only "unknown" I could see will be DLC for Fallout 4 / ESO.

CrayToes

This is shaping up to be the awesome conference that I thought it would be.

Bethesda is really pumping out great single payer games this gen.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Count me in for Wolfenstein 2 but I'm still a bit mixed on the Evil Within. I really loved the atmosphere, the themes, the craziness but some of the gameplay elements were just down right awkward and maybe it was to make you feel more vulnerable but it was more annoying than anything else. Hopefully they learned from some of their mistakes in the first game and listened to fan feedback and improved where it was weakest and made was already strong even better. I love me some Survival Horror and seeing Mikami succeed is always a good thing.

I'm curious what they do for Wolfenstein 2 though and I know it might sound blasphemous but I would love an MP mode, even if it was just arena death match but the gameplay from the singleplayer would be so fun against other people. The leaning mechanics, the dual wielding, the sliding, all those moves would be so much fun to combine and use together. Combine that with some decent level design and you've got a fun MP mode.

I've been looking forward to the Bethseda conference just as much as MS/Sony, and even though the rumors are not that surprising they're all games I'll be looking forward to seeing more of.

So basically there won't likely be a single surprise announcement at Bethesda at this point?

We know of
- Dishonored 2
- Skyrim Remaster
- Wolfenstein 2
- Evil Within 2
- Prey 2

That's one hell of a lineup honestly but it's a bit of a bummer for them all of that leaked. The only "unknown" I could see will be DLC for Fallout 4 / ESO.

Well, there wasn't any surprises last year either, were there? And that conference was still great. We knew about Dishonored 2, DOOM, Fallout 4, etc. beforehand.

vg260

Very much interested in Evil Within 2.

Just hope it runs on a good engine and has had enough development time.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
The evil within was better than any of the resident evil four clones besides dead space 2. That one is the greatest action survival horror game of all time.

Some of you are making me consider giving Evil Within a second chance. The Evil Within I played was horribly paced, had an abundance of one hit kills you could rarely see coming, had several levels that were just straight poorly, had a weird identity crisis and jumped between visual themes constantly, etc.

The chapter with the chainsaw dude chained in the barn was the only part of the game I really enjoyed.

Bethesda is becoming one of my favorite publishers with their focus on single player experiences. I can't wait for Dishonored 2. I loved Wolfenstein: The New Order and I'm loving DOOM.

Some of you are making me consider giving Evil Within a second chance. The Evil Within I played was horribly paced, had an abundance of one hit kills you could rarely see coming, had several levels that were just straight poorly, had a weird identity crisis and jumped between visual themes constantly, etc.

The chapter with the chainsaw dude chained in the barn was the only part of the game I really enjoyed.

The Evil Within is such an odd game for me, because I simultaneously adore the game and agree with everything you just said.

It had some one hit kill moments, but only if you are not paying attention and trying to rush the gsme,

And the jumping between visual themes was like, 95% of the point of the game.

I'm waiting for EW to go on sale with all content so I am grab it. Definitely should have given it more time than I did.

Haven't gotten to Old Blood yet, New Order was incredible though.

As far as these rumours go, literally anyone on this forum could have made the same rumour. This close to E3, I can wait.

DedValve

Banned
hmmm Evil Within 2.....

Didn't like the first one too much although it had its moments. I agree with Neiteio on Mikamis genius ammo placement, I always had maybe 2-3 bullets left no matter how much I was conserving, exploring and avoiding enemies which led to some amazing tense moments.

There are also times where it shines through but certain levels are just pure shit (hey you daytime levels with shooting enemies).

Overall never beat it, left a bad taste in my mouth. Hopefully TE2 fixes most of what I didn't like of the first while continuing the few stuff I did (good atmosphere in certain parts, great item placement).

Probably more hyped for wolfenstein 2.

ironcreed

Banned
I had a feeling we would be getting a Skyrim remaster. They would be insane not to. We might even get mod support for it on consoles.

ReaperXL7

If all the rumors are true it'll be a good presser in my opinion. I'll be honest though I'm really worried about what they did to prey 2 as the first gameplay shown looked so good. The only other open world Cyberpunk style game were getting is Cyberpunk 2077 but that's not coming until 2019 as far as I can tell.

MattXIII

Intrigued by Evil Within II

I didn't gel with the first game but that was mainly due to the gross graphics and technical issues (Gawd that framerate on ps4)

Doom's IDTech6 could def be well utilized in a survival horror setting - but most importantly it needs to just run well. (and no black borders plz)

Vinc

Man, I wish I didn't know that. Not complaining because I know it's my own fault for getting on the internet, but I wish there was a way to see the announcements without the leaks! Kills the fun of bets and speculation :p

Top Bottom