• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: The Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein 2 to be announced at Bethesda presser

ST2K

Man, I really hope TEW2 is good this time. I realllllllllllllly wanted to like that game and just couldn't enjoy it. Fingers crossed.

-MD-

Bethesda will announce The Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein 2 and re-announce Prey 2 during the conference.

2y4WANl.png

I can't wait to play all 3 of these, especially TEW 2, the first one was incredible.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I wonder if a TEW2 might use idTech6, which is glorious in the new DOOM (a gorgeous 1080p 60fps with AA, motion blur, etc, on consoles)

...and it supports dynamic lighting, which I believe was the big issue with TEW and iDTech5.

Whatever platform they use, I hope it works out of the box with the features they need, so Tango can focus on making games instead of engines.

Dantooine

Banned
I loved TEW but thought the dlc was garbage. Not enough combat, too much sneaking around. Hope Mikami directs but it's doubtful.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Uh, what's the point in E3 anymore after all these leaks? Can't find any reason to watch any of the press conferences.

Necron

Zenimax are tremendous cunts by all accounts.

Forcing studios who work on their games into near bankruptcy so they can buy them on the cheap.

Is this about Prey 2 and Human Head studios? I can't recall if this happened to any of their other studios? Maybe I forgot...

saher

Banned
TEW2 is awesome and all but wasnt TEW mikami's last game as a director? I think he will be the producer for TEW2.

Futurematic

Is this about Prey 2 and Human Head studios? I can't recall if this happened to any of their other studios? Maybe I forgot...

How do you think Arkane wound up under the Zenimax umbrella?

Edit: still excited for everything, lol, because I love Dishonored and have faith in nuPrey 2 (sniff, RIP OG Prey 2) and both TNO & TEW I enjoyed greatly.

VertPin

Alright, time to get off of GAF. I actually want to be surprised during E3.

See you guys then. Can't wait to go the PlayStation E3 Experience!

gafneo

Banned
Bethesda are turning out to be my favourite publisher...

Dishonored, Evil Within, Wolfenstein and Doom have all been very enjoyable.

I know. Its like the only requirement for games to be made by them is if they are baddass and have tons of gore.

Anung

Un Rama
After 5, 6 and Revelations I can't imagine being excited for a Resident Evil game.

5 was a poor man's 4 elevated by co-op, 6 get's a lot of flack (rightfully so in places) but it had some great co-op and the game-play was fantastic. Revelations tried to move things back to the old school on limited hardware to varying success and Rev 2 was great.

Between RE7 (whatever direction it might take), REmake 2, REV3 and potentially TEW2 its a good time to be a fan of that brand of survival horror or action horror.

Alienfan

You'll still get them, but attaching spoilers to a conference is a dumb thing to do.
Not really, I'd understand if we were weeks and weeks out, but we're not. These sort of articles just suck the fun out of E3 - I can totally understand people wanting spoiler tags.

Anung

Un Rama
So we can all admit that Bethesda is the best single player publisher outside of the hardware companies?

They definitely cater to my tastes more than the others do. It's quite funny that for my money Fallout and TES are least interesting stuff they put out.

So we can all admit that Bethesda is the best single player publisher outside of the hardware companies?
I don't have anything glowing to say about Bethesda Game Studios, but Bethesda Softworks is one of my favorite publishers. So many great games under their publishing wing.

Xemnas89

I expected a new Wolfenstein to get announced but it's still exciting. Loved the new order and if they can do this new one on idtech 6 then it'll be incredible.

Evil within was so close to being great , hope this sequel is gonna happen. Didn't think the first one sold enough , glad im wrong.

So fucking hyped for TEW2. Loved the first game, and most of my issues with it could probably be chalked up to it being the team's first effort (and on a new engine). I'm expecting fantastic things now that a base has been established.

DOOM, Wolf, TEW, Dishonored...Bethesda is quickly becoming one of my favorite publishers.

Zeneric

Sweet!
Both games will probably run on id Tech 6 engine (I hope). Based on DOOM (from what I played on beta, and what the benchmarks showed), it's an excellent well optimized engine.

I know the Evil Within gets a lot of hate on here but I personally enjoyed it for what it was. It had some solid mechanics and was full of personality. I wouldn't mind a sequel!

Please no more black bars on evil within 2

There was a patch that got rid of the black bars on at least PC. I think current gen systems also got the patch, correct?

icespide

Banned
I know the Evil Within gets a lot of hate on here but I personally enjoyed it for what it was. It had some solid mechanics and was full of personality. I wouldn't mind a sequel!

There was a patch that got rid of the black bars on at least PC. I think current gen systems also got the patch, correct?

yep, you can remove the black bars on PS4/X1 now

FLD

Really hope Evil Within 2 is true. Much like Dishonored 2 was last year, TEW2 is my most hoped for game this year. The original had its issues but I still loved the hell out of it.

I wasn't sure if it was too early for TEW 2 but seems not. At least an announcement that is. All I wanted from Bethesda last year was Dishonored 2 while I'm still most excited to see it at their show, I now have more reasons to look forward to it. Bethesda going IN this year, love it!

For TEW2 the entire game needs to be like chapters 7-9 from the first game and just maybe you've got something good.
But then again, it's going to be sad seeing Mikami's studio trapped doing mainstream AAA sequels/RE4 clones, i.e. doing the opposite of what he wanted his new company to achieve.

wazoo

So basically there won't likely be a single surprise announcement at Bethesda at this point?

We know of
- Dishonored 2
- Skyrim Remaster
- Wolfenstein 2
- Evil Within 2
- Prey 2

Or maybe they can allow the leaks because of what we do not know. It is funny because that list is missing the heart of Bethesda, a new Elder Scrolls.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
no I mean, Bethesda owns ID and would rather use IDTech than something else

idTech6 allows DOOM to run 1080p 60fps with AA on consoles. The new engine is top-notch.

Okay guys. Gotcha. My mistake. If idTech6 is top notch then fine by me. Just don't want to see the same problems with the sequel that the original had.

Necron

I know. Its like the only requirement for games to be made by them is if they are baddass and have tons of gore.

Perhaps... it would be great if they could diversify their portfolio a bit. Nevertheless, both Dishonored and Evil Within are among my favourite new IP and I'm glad that they're getting a sequel.

Zukkoyaki

Even if Bethesda's Conference doesn't have anything other than Dishonored, DLC, Evil Within, Wolfenstein, and Prey, it will still be a terrific show. Last year's was basically DOOM, Dishonored, Fallout 4, and Elder Scrolls Legends and it was still good. Each game got plenty of time to breath and be fleshed out. I wish more companies went this route with their E3 showings.

Weird, Bethesda is my most anticipated conference this year. If you told me that would be the case last year, or even a few years ago, I would've laughed at you. Dishonored 2, Wolf 2, TEW2, and fucking Prey 2? Yeah they're all sequels but they're sequels to some of my favorite games of the last two gens. That and DOOM has really increased my goodwill towards Bethesda.

Top Bottom