• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

The 1.13 beta patch is out, and while it's a little buggy at the moment, I'm sure those bugs will be fixed soon.

Anyway, as it's out, is it time to be thinking about a new multiplayer game?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Not my game, but it's doable. Just have to destroy England, Castile and Aragon, apparently.

Yes, I've also seen people do it with Iberia, Ireland, Naples and Croatia.

Kabouter

The 1.13 beta patch is out, and while it's a little buggy at the moment, I'm sure those bugs will be fixed soon.

Fine by me, but I'll sit this one out. I'd rather wait until after the summer :)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
yeah me too. I'm leaving in 2 days for a one month vacation with no computer anyway.

Fitz

Speaking of bugs, just got the reformation by the 1460s, seems to be a common one.

Also I'm really sick of updating UI mods every patch, wish Paradox would fix the damn UI to scale, my eyesight ain't what it used to be.

CloudWolf

Haha, in the new patch you can spawn Jan Mayen with the console. They spawn random in the world as a Western 3-province nation with crazy national ideas, Lucky Nation modifiers, huge modifiers for coring cost (-75%) and unrest (-10 global), 5000 ducats, a standard income of 50 ducats per month, 100K manpower and a forcelimit of 100. Also, they start of with the Imperialism casus belli.

Right now in my game they spawned in the middle of the HRE and within 10 years have already gobbled up Bohemia, Silesia, Wurzburg and the Palatinate and have easily defeated a 20-nations strong coalition. All hail the new BBB.

EDIT: And the to make things worse, their national ideas are pun-tastic.

Traditions

Land Leader Shock: +1.00, Core-Creation Cost: -15.0%

Of Noble Bearing: Yearly Prestige: +1.00

The Right to Bear Arms: Infantry Combat Ability: +20.0%

Grizzly Terrain: Attrition for Enemies: +1.00

Keeping our Bearings: Naval Attrition: -15.0%

Polarized Nation: Accepted Culture Threshold: -25.0%

Come Bearing Gifts: Improve Relations: +30.0%

Expand the Bearocracy: Development Cost: -10.0%

Ambition

Land Maintenance Modifier: -10.0%

Uzzy

My first BBB attempt hasn't gone well. Started off by taking Brittany as a vassal and two provinces from Provance. This naturally brought a coalition against me, with Burgundy, Aragon and England all joining the war. A perfectly winnable war as I had Castile and Austria on my side. But then the Burgundian Inheritance struck.

Normally, this would be amazing. 1451 and I've got a bunch of Burgundian lands. But then I realised I had a five year truce timer against Aragon and England, so I had no real expansion options for the duration. Awesome stuff.

Once the five years were up I declared on Aragon and crushed them, taking two provinces from them and two from Naples. This caused another coalition to form, this time with England and Venice as the major members. That coalition war went fantastically, with me getting all English held French cores back and Calais.

However, taking Calais seems to have pushed the HRE over the edge and now they're all in a coalition against me. Even with Castile and Austria I'm outnumbered three to one.

So annoying. When the Burgundian inheritance fired I thought this was the one.

So there's this mod that adds some tiny countries and their provinces to the map mostly in the Italian region and 2 in Iberia, as well as a core for Liechtenstein.
I started a game as Andorra. It's crazy fun. I did some stupid shit, too, but I'm not playing on Iron Man for a change, so it feels good to be able to make dumb mistakes. I am basically at the strength of Aragon now - Castile took 2 provinces in the initial war (Zaragoza and Valencia), but I took the rest except for parts of Sicily and Sardinia. Though I own the Southern half of Provence and Foix to make up for it. Gonna go beat up on France next to connect my lands.

My first attempt actually was as San Marino, but when I tried to annex Tuscany, the Pope, that son of a bitch, didn't hand over the siege of 2 of the 3 provinces to me and peaced out before I could. Backstabbing whore.

Uzzy

I'm currently attempting the Lion of the North and Sweden is Not Overpowered achievements, and things are going well. Got independence nice and early, and have conquered all of Scandinavia and a big chunk of Russia too. Even got some Teutonic Order lands. The religious wars finally hit in the 1600s, and I feel ready to kick some German arse.

Then this happens.

zf0lyh0.png

Kicking Austrian, Polish, Castillian, Dutch and German arse may be a bit beyond even Sweden's abilities.

The HRE war is just the worst. Last time I was playing with someone multi and her France got elected emperor suddenly (neither of us realized it was happening or were working towards it), which forced her to automatically join the catholic side of the league, and then the war broke out months later. Almost the whole of the HRE was Protestant, Britain was in the league, Sweden, and even the Ottomans were on the other side of the war for some damn reason. Just terrible, especially for a new player to just get gangbanged spontaneously like that.

CloudWolf

If you've got equal strength on both sides of the conflict it's one of the most fun parts of the game, but unfortunately that's way too rare.

Uzzy

Absolutely the worst. I've no idea if it's working as intended, but I managed to win by the most bizarre route possible. Still, I got the achievement, woo.

So I was horrifically outnumbered, even with France and the Ottomans joining in on the Protestant side. But as the war progressed, I took out some minor powers, and the Catholics did the same, slowly whittling down the forces on each side. France tapped out after being carpet sieged, and I decided to see what the major powers on the Catholic side wanted.

Turns out, they didn't want a lot to lose the HRE. Castille just wanted me to annul my alliance with France, Aragon wanted me to annul with Britain and release Norway, which by now only had two cores left, Poland were happy with gaining one province from me, The Netherlands were happy with taking Calais, and Austria happily gave up any chance of recovering the imperial crown in exchange for some Ottoman lands. Which left my war exhausted and almost bankrupt country alone against the equally war exhausted and almost bankrupt Emperor and a few other minors. One siege of the Saxony capital later, and I was able to enforce religious supremacy. Great stuff, if rather bizarre.

Steeven

So I finally finished my Castille game. It turned out really to be really easy, but it did require a lot of micromanaging. I immediately went for France and when the threat of the blue blob was gone, I backstabbed Portugal and expelled them from Europe. Portugal managed to survive for 150 years I guess and then got conquered by Mali. At least they would not interfere with my colonial ambition. But then England became an annoyance, especially when it started colonizing Havana and Mexico. So I had to destroy England too. In the end, only the province of Oxfordshire remained theirs, while England became my vassal. Their colonial empire was integrated into mine. In the final parts of the game, the only colonizing power was Scotland, but did so in regions I did not care for. Ultimately, this led to Latin-America ending entirely in Spanish hands, as did Japan, South Africa, East Africa and parts of Indonesia.

I think I had the most fun with destroying the Ottomans. I creeped up from Ethiopia with 200k and invaded Constantinopel with 100k more. The AI was unable to decide which front to defend so his stack of 50-60k kept marching the coastline up and down. When I was done with the Ottomans, the vultures came. First Tunis declared war and then Greece and Bulgaria too, quickly conquering provinces. I like to watch the world burn, so when they were gone I funded rebels with maximum money. Needless to say, the Ottomans got devastated and was degraded from a world power to a regional player. I actually restored the balance of power in the whole region.

Coring costs were unreal though, I suffered from it not reaching some idea groups fast enough due to the lack of admin points. I also lost Naples in a PU after a 100 years or so, that was bummer. Afterwards, Naples got destroyed by Tuscany, who got destroyed by Lucca.

I was also surprised that yet again, Russia failed, never becoming a superpower at all. I guess it is hard for Russia AI to manage itself with the last update.

Endgame: 1787
Money: 16.273k
Score: 16.414
Income: 2000 trade per month, 1093 production per month, 1152 events per month (I dominated every trade product except for tea and silk)
Land Force Limit: 350
Naval Force Limit: 439

Top 3 world religions in endgame

1: Protestant
2: Sunni
3: Totemist

Achievements earned:

- All Your Trade Are Belong To Us
- The Rising Sun
- Four for Trade
- Trade Hegemon
- A Pile of Gold
- Guarantor of Peace
- Bleed Them Dry
- No Pirates in my Carribean
- The Five Colonies

Achievements missed:

- Magellans Voyage
- Spain is the Emperor (I managed to vassalize Bavaria, maybe I should try to vassalize 2-3 more Electors and hope for the best)
- World Discover; due to some bug (maybe?) I was unable to explore terra incognita in northwest America, even with conquistadors.

eu4_map_SPA_1787_03_20_1.png

eu4_map_SPA_1787_03_20_2.png

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Can't we wait for august like first sunday or wednesday of august?

So we can get as many as possible into the game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I have crab's mafia games I don't need you guys.
yolo.gif

Fitz

As usual, I'm free whenever, and up for starting whenever. Got Horse Lords for my Paradox fix right now though, so I'm fine to wait as long as people want.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Congratz Morfeo!

Now the girls will be even younger!

Thanks Fanboi, didnt realize you had written me a congratulation here as well. And about girls, lets just say my birthday ended well :)

Not interested before like late August/early September.

Yeah, this is me as well, soon going on vacation, and have lots of stuff to do the first weeks after coming back. First Sunday of September sounds great.

fanboi

Banned
Great, then we plan on late august, beginning of september...

So, nation picking... should we start rating each other or was that done already?

Uzzy

Late August is fine for me too. We should probably wait for a proper patch to drop before rating nations though, unless that's already been done?

fanboi

Banned
I vote that a few people rate the nations, aka the ones that know the game in and out which is:

Kabouter, Crab, Fitz, MGO, would like one more... Jazz?

This way we would get a better rating I would say since I am mostly pulling numbers out of my rectum.

Kabouter

I vote that a few people rate the nations, aka the ones that know the game in and out which is:

Kabouter, Crab, Fitz, MGO, would like one more... Jazz?

This way we would get a better rating I would say since I am mostly pulling numbers out of my rectum.
Fine by me, but make sure you lock the country ratings this time before nation picking starts :p No shenanigans like last time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom