• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Naval ideas getting buffed, and Italy gets to bail out of the HRE? That's awesome stuff. Just have to keep the province of Venice out till 1500 and it's all up for grabs, take that Captain Habsburg.

I've been thinking of changing my avatar to something with historic context, but I like my Cardinal Fang of the Spanish Wolfquisition a lot too.

Kabouter

Naval ideas getting buffed, and Italy gets to bail out of the HRE? That's awesome stuff. Just have to keep the province of Venice out till 1500 and it's all up for grabs, take that Captain Habsburg.

The province of Venice is ingame not in the Northern Italy region afaik :p

Uzzy

The province of Venice is ingame not in the Northern Italy region afaik :p

Have they changed regions around then? Currently there's just Lombardia and Two Sicilies in the Italian region. Either way, there's still Brescia and Verona, and they have to be in Northern Italy.

Or if all else fails, Venice could just take Mantua early on and hope for the best.

Kabouter

Have they changed regions around then? Currently there's just Lombardia and Two Sicilies in the Italian region. Either way, there's still Brescia and Verona, and they have to be in Northern Italy.

Or if all else fails, Venice could just take Mantua early on and hope for the best.
I think you're good even with just Treviso.

Venezia is part of both the Italy and the Lombardia (i.e. Northern Italy) regions. Venezia is the only one that is not in the HRE, though - the other Italian provinces Venice owns are.
There's a couple of provinces that aren't in either Lombardia nor Two Sicilies, which are iirc only Roma and Ancona (aka Urbino).

Istria and the other Croatian provinces are not part of the Italian region, though.

I think I found my new avatar
W7SyQu9.png

Edit:
Man those new 'chievos are glorious. I can't even decide which one I'd like to be my avatar.
GXpeArf.jpg

7zZEmzJ.jpg

4v9GdDu.jpg

CloudWolf

To make you feel extra bad:
AI Genoa regularly vassalizes Crimea and I've even seen it beat up on Russia

I once had a very successful Genoa game where I basically only grabbed estuaries and important centers of trade, but the fact that you couldn't really build up a tall empire back then kinda limited my progress, so with Common Sense I'm trying to repeat that game.

Kabouter

I once had a very successful Genoa game where I basically only grabbed estuaries and important centers of trade, but the fact that you couldn't really build up a tall empire back then kinda limited my progress, so with Common Sense I'm trying to repeat that game.

If you want to dominate your home node, you're going to need more strength than I imagine grabbing territory selectively can provide. After all, Lyonnais is an important centre of trade in the Genoese node.

CloudWolf

If you want to dominate your home node, you're going to need more strength than I imagine grabbing territory selectively can provide. After all, Lyonnais is an important centre of trade in the Genoese node.

You'd be surprised how powerful you can get by only grabbing select provinces as a merchant republic

I was by far the most powerful country in the world in my Genoa game. The only reason things went to shit was because my armies were spread across the world and none of my allies wanted to help me when France suddenly decided they wanted my shit.

Fitz

Both Castile and France getting wrecked from all sides in my current game, love it. New fort system is brilliant, wars seem a lot faster only having to siege down select provinces. New provinces are swish, <3 Prussian region.

I think I found my new avatar
W7SyQu9.png

Edit:
Man those new 'chievos are glorious. I can't even decide which one I'd like to be my avatar.
GXpeArf.jpg

7zZEmzJ.jpg

4v9GdDu.jpg

Agreed, a bunch of new achievements have some great icons.

Fitz

Not having to deal with "Full Annexation" is such a breath of fresh air, so pleased that that bullshit has been swept away.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Full annexation is accomplished by simply selecting all the enemy's provinces in a peace deal, as if you were conquering them individually. Today I managed to annex, humiliate, and take gold from a rival all in a single war.

Fitz

Got rid of it, you just click the the provinces you want outright now, no weird always 100% warscore cost. Means you can take/fabricate on capitals and fully annex a nation whilst still taking gold etc, or full annex one nation, and still use warscore to take other things in general.

edit: beaten like 1.12 France

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
It also means you don't need to wait five years or occupy everything to achieve 100% for full annexation, which is a big reversal from 1.8.

ZZMitch

Apparently forced move is broken as well and the AI now has a tendency to declare suicidal wars for no reason. I can't verify any of this since my game won't launch at all..

Another quality Paradox update!

Fitz

I'm not sure about the AI issues, but forced move is completely broken, might as well not exist for players considering how easy it is to bypass. No idea how it made it out of beta like this.

ZZMitch

I'm not sure about the AI issues, but forced move is completely broken, might as well not exist for players considering how easy it is to bypass. No idea how it made it out of beta like this.

The AI issues seem to relate to AI countries not taking into account a lot of factors (eg allies) when declaring war. For example, in quill18s latest video Milan declared war on his Ferrara who was allied both to France and Austria. Not the best idea and not some thing you would see often pre-patch.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Never mind suicidal DoWs, I'm just getting suicidal military AI completely. Is anyone else have nations blithely marching 1-stacks and 2-stacks into your 15-stacks with no regard for common sense (heh)?

Kabouter

So who is up for a MP game soon then? :>

We could at least soon pick nations!

I'm good with waiting until like (late) August when people have gotten used to the new mechanics and people are back from vacation etc. :p

Never mind suicidal DoWs, I'm just getting suicidal military AI completely. Is anyone else have nations blithely marching 1-stacks and 2-stacks into your 15-stacks with no regard for common sense (heh)?

Sadly, no.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So for those of you who like cheesing a bit, the "One Family to Rule them all" achievement, so this one:

is currently bugged; you get it if you start as a nation in an interregnum, e.g. Hungary. PDX is aware of it, so grab it while it's hot.

( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

don't mind a bit of cheese in my cheevo soup

Uzzy

The coring costs are too damn high.

Yeah. Every province I took from Burgundy, Provance and Nevers cost me over 160 paper mana. Sure, war exhaustion added a bit, but that's still a crazy expensive base.

Speaking of France, having 'French language in all courts' as the first French idea seems a waste, given that France doesn't start with it's horde of vassals.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So what's the point of development? It costs me on average 55ish ADM to raise base tax by one. Meanwhile, 55ish ADM will core a 5-development province if I conquer one. The returns to playing tall are literally a fifth of the returns to playing wide.

It's even more of a joke when Administrative ideas have -25% coring cost as the 2nd idea, whereas Economic has -20% development cost as the bonus. Like... who on earth is in charge of balancing?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Well if they balanced playing tall vs playing wide it wouldn't be Map Painter 4 anymore. Can't have that.

speaking of which: sell your pcs and come play splatoon with me

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Well if they balanced playing tall vs playing wide it wouldn't be Map Painter 4 anymore. Can't have that.

Forums in melt-down about "wide" being much worse than "tall" now, so I guess you're right. Truly, EU4 fans are the casuals of Grand Strategy.

victoria 2 master race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom