• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Random world as well? Otherwise taking all provinces in English trade node is quite op :p

That area is dangerous in random nations. You're surrounded by the French and English cultures, which normally are dominated by big blobs, or in the HRE, which is *very* expensive. Still powerful if you can survive the start, but I wouldn't over-rate it.

Fitz

Unexpectedly have to go out this evening, should be back in time to host, if not someone else can go ahead with the setup tonight, otherwise I'll start it up as soon as I'm home.

CloudWolf

The game's starting tonight? Yeah, I'll skip this one. I have to correct my master thesis, so I'm not going to be able to play much.

fanboi

Banned
Damn, I will miss tonights session... and next as well... I think I need to back out of this then... alot of stuff will happen for me during June on wednesdays...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So who would join this game then?

NOqLu2P.jpg

Welcome to the unpredictable world of GAFEUMP

Fitz

Sorry, only just got home, was expecting someone else to host as it's just setting up custom nations anyway first session.

ID:90095713467361282 password is the same as usual, quote to see.

Fitz

Took us a while to get sorted, but everything is up and running and looking good now, unless you're Uzzy.

mgo: Great Lakes hugging nation in North America
Jazz: Iberian patchwork monster
Uzzy: Purple soon to be orange Normandy
Crab: Yellow mess spread over Northern Europe
Kingsnake: Italian Blue blob
Me: Glorious Ivory Black Sea Beast
Spirited: Orange far east Philippine philistine

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So for next proper session, did we decide if we are going to use average ratings or last round's?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So for next proper session, did we decide if we are going to use average ratings or last round's?

If I'm not misstaking we would continue with the current ratings, highten the rating system to 7.5 and default is 3.5 if you havn't played.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Kab and I have been talking about 7.5. After some thought, we don't think that increasing the cap is the solution, the problem is just that the rankings are of... variable quality. People are drastically over-rating European nations regardless and under-rating RoTW nations, meaning that, e.g., Jazz, Kab, Fitz and I are banned from Bavaria but not Pasai despite the fact Bavaria is much, much worse than Pasai. I'm going to type up a longer post on this, but am leaving it until after CS comes out.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Are you suggesting we need to start rating people's nation ratings?

e.g.

Crab/Fitz/MGO/Kabouters nation ratings count 100%

Clueless nation raters like myself count 33%

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Do we then also start rating people's nation rating ratings?

Just so you know, I'm ranking your rankings of other people's rankings of rankings worse than my rankings of rankings of rankings.

fanboi

Banned
I still Think we should go after penis size, with smallest first.

So Robo you can start, and then tell Morfeo to chose.

Kabouter

Does that mean you'll play Riga next game? :D
Fuck no. If it wasn't for KingSnake playing France and being good people, I would've been annexed in the first half hour of the last game. And Gelre is a way better starting country than Riga.

Edit: His country is about to break isn't it?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Have the other updates been given names like that?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
- Creating cores and diplomatically annexing countries is now more expensive.
- Administrative Efficiency now also affects core creation and diploannexation costs, but only goes up to 50%.
- Reduced effect of having a claim on core creation costs from 25% to 10%.

bah, overextension paradise here I come!

- Italy will now leave the Empire around 1500 if the entirety of the 'Northern Italy' region isn't brought into the HRE by then. Player nations have the option to choose to remain.

This is surely something to take into consideration in your new Venice strat, Uzzy! :)

- Boosted Naval Ideas significantly.

Fucking finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom