• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
The more the merrier, we'll start an interim custom nation game soon (people prefer this coming Sunday or Wednesday?), which will likely not be too many players, then another standard game sometime after the next big update. Bear in mind we're mostly on Euro time though, we typically play at 8pm - 10pm Sundays, and from 8.30 on Wednesdays.

Sounds good I'll join in then.

Would prefer the coming wednesday.

CloudWolf

I'm joining again, too. This time I will use the art of diplomacy *cough*

Oh, and in SP-news, I finished my Riga game:
prH0Lur.jpg
It was really fun and for once, I got kinda lucky. Early on in the game (I had just formed Kurland), I randomly got a PU over Bohemia who used to be emperor and therefore had grown pretty strong. With their help I could later enforce a PU over a pretty strong Sweden. Those two PU's added some 150k troops to my troop count, which was very useful.

Too bad the reformation didn't really kick in, since conquering stuff became pretty difficult with such a strong France around who just loved to be the 'defender of the faith', causing me to really carefully have to pick my wars (attacking protestant allies of catholic main targets/only attacking a catholic nation when France is at war with them).

And after I punched The Ottomans into oblivion, they became Revolutionary, which spelled trouble for me since they had a much bigger forcelimit than me. They attacked me twice and twice I managed to beat them. The first time by building a ton of mercs and getting a white peace (my manpower was 0 since I just came out of a narrowly won war with France), the second time they apparently underestimated me and I killed their revolution.

Also, I randomly became HRE emperor ten years before the end of the game. Thanks guys, that would've great some 200 years earlier.

Steeven

Although it sounds like fun I'll be skipping the custom game, maybe next time. I will check regularly in this topic for updates though.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
that looks almost like fanboi's ethiopia! 2/5 confirmed

ZZMitch

I'm joining again, too. This time I will use the art of diplomacy *cough*

Oh, and in SP-news, I finished my Riga game:

It was really fun and for once, I got kinda lucky. Early on in the game (I had just formed Kurland), I randomly got a PU over Bohemia who used to be emperor and therefore had grown pretty strong. With their help I could later enforce a PU over a pretty strong Sweden. Those two PU's added some 150k troops to my troop count, which was very useful.

Too bad the reformation didn't really kick in, since conquering stuff became pretty difficult with such a strong France around who just loved to be the 'defender of the faith', causing me to really carefully have to pick my wars (attacking protestant allies of catholic main targets/only attacking a catholic nation when France is at war with them).

And after I punched The Ottomans into oblivion, they became Revolutionary, which spelled trouble for me since they had a much bigger forcelimit than me. They attacked me twice and twice I managed to beat them. The first time by building a ton of mercs and getting a white peace (my manpower was 0 since I just came out of a narrowly won war with France), the second time they apparently underestimated me and I killed their revolution.

Also, I randomly became HRE emperor ten years before the end of the game. Thanks guys, that would've great some 200 years earlier.

Aww man im jealous! My Riga -> Kurland game failed around 1550. I was doing well for the first 75 years or so and had about 15 provinces. I was allied with a huge Protestant Commonwealth and various Protestant states in the HRE. Unfortunately the alliance of my enemies was even stronger. Russia and Sweden allying to each other was annoying enough. Sweden destroyed my second biggest ally (Denmark). Russia then screwed me even more by allying Austria (who had recently inherited Hungary). Around 1550 the Commonwealth attacked Golden Horde and drew a massive Ottomans in, who sieged them out. During this Sweden and Russia attacked me and I was beat down hard and could not recover. I saw the writing on the wall after narrowly beating the Sweden, Russia, Austria alliance a decade before when the Commonwealth was in a much better situation.

Also its funny because the Reformation was super strong in my game. Almost all the northern HRE was Protestant along with the Commonwealth and me. Almost all the Southern HRE and much of the Italian area was Reformed. Austria was maybe the only Catholic state left in the HRE by the time I was defeated and about half their provinces were Protestant or Reformed, same with France. Only Scandinavia, Britain and Iberia escaped unscathed.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
This is the closest I could get to Re-reconquista. And I can't win against France, even with the help of my allies, as they have more troops than us together. :(

Maybe if the Ottomans wouldn't have ditched me recently ...

This is the closest I could get to Re-reconquista. And I can't win against France, even with the help of my allies, as they have more troops than us together. :(

France is a huge problem later in the game. You have to get Iberia back before they start spreading their filthy blue tentacles into it, or you have to take them out extremely early before they start getting momentum.
Both are super difficult.

I love that Castile on Sicily btw.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
France is a huge problem later in the game. You have to get Iberia back before they start spreading their filthy blue tentacles into it, or you have to take them out extremely early before they start getting momentum.
Both are super difficult.

I love that Castile on Sicily btw.

Unfortunately in my game now they went in Iberia early on. This helped my case as they kept Castile busy until I got a strong foothold in the Adriatic region and nice alliances. What hurt me the most mid game was that I got 3-4 coalition wars against me that set me back for about 50-75 years. So, I got Lisbon (the last non-French Iberian province) just in 1818. Even if I would have all the allies ready to go to war and I would hire tons of mercenaries, due to how long the sieges take I don't have time to do anything even if I would manage to defeat the French army (which is almost impossible).

CloudWolf

Yeah, in my Albania game I barely managed to beat France the first time for that last Iberian province by simply stacking up all my forces. It got me tons of attrition, but in the end I managed to rout all their armies. But damn, it wasn't easy.

How about noooooo

It's Eurovision. Whoever wins, we lose.
Except that time Lordi won, that was amazingly funny to watch

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Sweden's song was as mediocre as fuck but at least they weren't Russia.

Meanwhile, Serbia got robbed.

Uzzy

I'm looking forward to the Europavision Universalis DLC now.

Maybe we can decide rankings for the next game by having our very own musical tournament too?

Guys, you just saw a flaming piano. There can be no fighting after seeing something so glorious. Praise Austria.

yigfev.gif

Europe rewarded our piano-scorching with 0 points. :(
Kab will you reward us with using this gif whenever you ban someone?

My personal favourite Latvia placed 6th, that's much better than I was guessing.

Kabouter

Europe rewarded our piano-scorching with 0 points. :(
Kab will you reward us with using this gif whenever you ban someone?

My personal favourite Latvia placed 6th, that's much better than I was guessing.

I don't do GIFs when banning, plus, I only ban very rarely anyway :p.
As far as the 0 points goes, I really couldn't understand why no one gave you any points, you didn't have the best song, but also certainly not the worst. Same goes for Germany actually. UK should have come last with 0 points for having the only actively annoying song of the night.

Kabouter

Alright, ratings for the past game:
Fitz - 4.86
mgoblue201 - 4.54
Kabouter - 4.43
fanboi - 3.95
Steeven - 3.88
KingSnake - 3.76
Roboleon - 3.48
Jwitjes - 3.43
Toma - 3.32
Gamma - 3.09
haly - 3.06
Morfeo - 2.77
Stefan - 2.64
Uzzy - 2.49
Red Arremer - 2.29
RickDeckerSpiegel - 1.28

Average ratings with those for the previous games included (if applicable):
Jazz - 4.92
mgoblue201 - 4.61
crab - 4.31
Kabouter - 4.30
Fitz - 4.30 (actually a 0.003333 difference with me :p)
Steeven - 3.88
fanboi - 3.81
Toma - 3.77
haly - 3.47
Gamma - 3.19
Stefan - 3.15
Roboleon - 3.13
Morfeo - 3.06
Uzzy - 2.98
ZZMitch - 2.96
Jwitjes - 2.89 (lol, get real)
KingSnake - 2.79
mleugie - 2.5
Red Arremer - 2.29
Valhelm - 2.23
FACE - 1.79
RickDeckerSpiegel - 1.28

Anyone not listed starts with the default rating (which I think should be 3.5 if we're bumping the total allowed up to 7.5.)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Nation ratings after patch and Common Sense will probably be quite random, unless we wait quite a while after the new expansion to rate them

I'm a bit ambivalent about having to relearn the game before next session, I got to admit, feels like I've just now even begun to get a solid feel for the old mechanics

Edit: KingSnake so upset about Austrian Eurovision performance he went and got himself banned :(

I already have enough to worry about with the Poland achievements in single player. I will never touch it again in multiplayer.

grumblestupidsejmgrumble

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I have no idea how I got such a good rating. At least I should be able to choose before the new players.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Nation ratings after patch and Common Sense will probably be quite random, unless we wait quite a while after the new expansion to rate them

I'm a bit ambivalent about having to relearn the game before next session, I got to admit, feels like I've just now even begun to get a solid feel for the old mechanics

Yeah, this is how I have felt about it since the first dlc basically, and as a result havent been bothered to learn the new mechanics, and thus entered all the mp-games pretty unprepared. Makes for interesting games though!

Fitz

Unless someone else would rather do it, I guess I'll host the custom nation game starting on Wednesday. The first session will probably be mostly setup, we'll take it in turns to create our nations, then get going. Just to re-iterate, we'll be going with 200 point custom nations, random province values, and randomised custom AI nations.

fanboi

Banned
Unless someone else would rather do it, I guess I'll host the custom nation game starting on Wednesday. The first session will probably be mostly setup, we'll take it in turns to create our nations, then get going. Just to re-iterate, we'll be going with 200 point custom nations, random province values, and randomised custom AI nations.

Random world as well? Otherwise taking all provinces in English trade node is quite op :p

Fitz

Yeah, everything fully random (except new world), no way of getting around the advantage of picking end trade nodes though as far as I know, though of course there's the slight disadvantage of +trade provinces being quite a bit more expensive.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So for the next session I will start at 3.5 which means I'll have to prove I suck before I can pick a big nation, heheh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom