• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imma mod in an extra continent for me if there's no other way out :p

You could do what one player did in DDRJake's multiplayer game. He played as one of the Southeast Asian people (I don't remember whom exactly), took exploration and exodus'd himself into Australia, playing the colonial nation he had formed, named Shitatsu Sho's Chateaux Gateaux (in reference to Ryukyu's starting ruler, Shitatsu Sho). From there he proceeded to peacefully colonize the Pacific islands and the Western coast of North America.
He never was involved in any of the player conflicts.

Kabouter

You could do what one player did in DDRJake's multiplayer game. He played as one of the Southeast Asian people (I don't remember whom exactly), took exploration and exodus'd himself into Australia, playing the colonial nation he had formed, named Shitatsu Sho's Chateaux Gateaux (in reference to Ryukyu's starting ruler, Shitatsu Sho). From there he proceeded to peacefully colonize the Pacific islands and the Western coast of North America.
He never was involved in any of the player conflicts.

That seems unexciting, and lethal, because there just isn't enough base tax there :p

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
ok, now that I fixed up the spreadsheet, excuse me while I carve some Rhenoplos Scalps

Kabouter

Kabouter should start as Riga or Theodoro or something.

...why? I don't want to go out in the first session...again.*

*In case you're not familiar, I managed to flame out as Gelre in the first session a few games back despite having a player controlled France backing me up all the way. Top that. lol 4.79 rating.

smjanssen

...why? I don't want to go out in the first session...again.*

*In case you're not familiar, I managed to flame out as Gelre in the first session a few games back despite having a player controlled France backing me up all the way. Top that. lol 4.79 rating.

lol, how long did that Nagaur achievement take you exactly? ;)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I was putting them in alphabetical order so I could see which nations we hadn't included that were still important. It's back in score order now.

Kabouter

Somehow I feel the country list just became a whole lot shorter :p

crab removed his favs I'm sure

Btw, speaking of crab's favs. He thankfully pointed out to me that the larger Indian powers are woefully underrated, Bengal in particular. You guys might want to correct that.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You guys are over-egging Bahmanis slightly - 4.00 is probably too much given they have to Westernize and face relative conversion problems. 3.50 is a good mark. The one you're missing is Bengal. Have you looked at Bengal's base tax lately? Absolutely crazy. They're an easy 3.50 and a possible 4 candidate. Orissa is also too low.

EDIT: I removed anything with less than 12 total base tax because not a single one of them was rated on an average of above 2 and it seems tedious making people figure what they think of Aydin or Riga. Given none had above 2, it hasn't affected anything.

smjanssen

You guys are over-egging Bahmanis slightly - 4.00 is probably too much given they have to Westernize and face relative conversion problems. 3.50 is a good mark. The one you're missing is Bengal. Have you looked at Bengal's base tax lately? Absolutely crazy. They're an easy 3.50 and a possible 4 candidate. Orissa is also too low.

EDIT: I removed anything with less than 12 total base tax because not a single one of them was rated on an average of above 2 and it seems tedious making people figure what they think of Aydin or Riga. Given none had above 2, it hasn't affected anything.

Fair point. But Kab will need a complete list to decide in which far away corner of the world he is gonna hide :D

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Fair point. But Kab will need a complete list to decide in which far away corner of the world he is gonna hide :D

We didn't have a complete list anyway, despite including Riga we were missing power-houses like Malwa.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You didn't even take me out to dinner before you touched my
ratings

cBj1LTf.png

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Haly, may I touch your
ratings
?

Rapstah

Let's say I'm good at playing Crusader Kings II and Hearts of Iron II and I have never played an Europa Universalis game to the point where I knew what I was doing. How far away am I from being good enough to participate in this?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Please crab, you're a statue.

You don't even have articulation.
Let's say I'm good at playing Crusader Kings II and Hearts of Iron II and I have never played an Europa Universalis game to the point where I knew what I was doing. How far away am I from being good enough to participate in this?

There is no skill requirement. Anyone with ambitions of ahistorical grandeur can play.

Although if you're good at both CK2 and HoI2, I doubt you'd have a hard time in EU4, because EU4 is by far the easiest Paradox game in their stable.

Kabouter

Not at all far away, once you get the hang of the basics, you can participate and learn more along the way imo.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

We have a ranking system to make sure better players are kept away from powerful nations, and new players have access to a pretty good range of countries including some very beginner friendly ones like Portugal. EU4 is easier than both CK2 and HoI2, so you should be able to get into it pretty easily. I think (?) FACE was basically new to EU4 when he started our MP, and he did
Algiers
fine.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

We allow FACE to join round after round, so you're good to go!

I was a scrub when I started playing MP, and now I'm still a scrub, but slightly less so. The point is: You'll learn a lot more from playing MP than SP, in my humble opinion.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
As long as you remember not to trust fanboi, you're fine.

FACE

Banned
We allow FACE to join round after round, so you're good to go!

I was a scrub when I started playing MP, and now I'm still a scrub, but slightly less so. The point is: You'll learn a lot more from playing MP than SP, in my humble opinion.

Hey!

I managed to select the wrong country before an MP session 2(or was it 3?) times, that's how bad I am.

Fitz

So if El Dorado is next Thursday, what period are we looking at for starting the new game? I guess after such a long game people will want a decent break. So many people this time, will no doubt take a while to organise nation picks, not to mention the inevitable patch that'll be needed to fix whatever goes wrong with the DLC.

Cup-Of-STFU.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom