• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeven

You guys have to leave Nuremberg alive. It survived until now, it deserves to be left alone and look pretty with its cute orange. It'll be like an attractive mole on Prussia's face.

It survived by being my vassal for many years now. Nuremberg is in the process of assimilation for the greater good. I have convinced the inhabitants of the concept of utilitarianism. Still, the Prussians are always in for a good ol' public hanging, so aside from the color, not much will change.

It survived by being my vassal for many years now. Nuremberg is in the process of assimilation for the greater good. I have convinced the inhabitants of the concept of utilitarianism. Still, the Prussians are always in for a good ol' public hanging, so aside from the color, not much will change.

:(

Kabouter

Common Sense out June 9th apparently. So I guess the soonest we start the next game is mid to late June, to allow the inevitable balance patch to come out first? Plenty of time to finish this one at least :)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm going to need a sub for tomorrow, if anyone's willing.

Steeven

Prussia AAR

Formed Germany, then acted like it in Russia. Annexed the orange pimple Nurnberg, vassalized The Palatinate. The HRE was officially destroyed by warmonger Jazz aka Kabouter. Watched Venice getting raped by France, only to redeem itself for the fourth or fifth time now, I lost count. Also, hello China.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
New maps

hrPHv42.png

P01gXwB.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Japan AAR

Took stuff from Ayutayah and Portugal mainly. Over 100 % Catholic :D

Formed the great colonial nation of Japafornia.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Being out for much longer than you anticipate and then not having internet... sucks. I probably will not be here next sunday either.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I meant the Eurobabbies :p

Ottos are small potatoes for any of the big three Euros now. Would take but a snap of a finger to blow them away. I have a feeling it's more a question of priorities, and considering whether or not you'd want a border with the wicked Sultan of Mughal at this point.

Fitz

Being out for much longer than you anticipate and then not having internet... sucks. I probably will not be here next sunday either.

That's awkward, I declared on the Ottomans right near the end of last session assuming you and Haly would want to peace out on Wednesday at the start, you guys might come back to find you have a slightly diminished manpower pool.

Haly

I will be here on Wednesday to peace the fuck out.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Just for the record: monsieur crab will be handling Japan for the next two sessions. please direct your money and inquiries to him until I'm back

Haly

Looking for a sub for Sunday, when I'm going to cat sit for a friend who's on vacation.

Fitz

Finally broke the Ottomans today, whilst they've been easily beatable for a while, they still put up a tough fight with their lucky generals and high discipline, could have just flooded the area with troops, but I don't like to throw manpower away to win battles. But I matched their discipline this session, and importantly got troops around the bend into the Balkans so I could get some more favourable battles and siege up enough land for a decent peace treaty.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
AAR: Slowly clinging onto life before the slaughter that is coming. Feel like that has been my AAR basically since my first implosion :(

Edit: Btw, I guess I dont have much to bargain with after this terrible round, but I will offer whatever it is Venice has on the table, to anybody interested in saving my life. That includes provinces, alliance in future games, information, fanbois daughters. You name your price and nothing will be completely out of question!

Steeven

Looks like he's in the process of boxing me in on the map :(
Even more so if he's still allied to Morfeo. Is he?

Nope, although we had fun while it lasted. You always feel boxed in unless you own the entire world :p.

ZJERMANY AAR

Conquered Wallachia, annexed Münich, annexed parts of Hungary, humiliated Austria. Germany is currently in the process of laying waste to the Ottomans. Their 3 star general was annoying to deal with, but I got him cornered with the remnants of the Ottoman army; they are not going anywhere. Meanwhile, I am surprised that the Uzbeks did not finish off Russia, but that probably has to do with Novgorod; who is getting this precious trade node?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like he's in the process of boxing me in on the map :(
Even more so if he's still allied to Morfeo. Is he?

Uh-oh.. Well, Europe had a good run.

Edit: oh wow, you already allied Mughals and Uzbeks? You really are a fan of making gamebreaking alliances man :(

Uzzy

Giving Venice a whirl again, and things are going great, the Ottomans are being smashed, non-HRE Italy is almost entirely mine, France and Austria are appeased, Austria proving a firm ally, and the Venetian Navy/Merchant Marine rules the Mediterranean.

Then disaster, as Circassia declares war on my holdings in the Crimea. No worries, I think, I can easily beat them. Except as I'm shipping troops over, Aragon declares war again to reconquer an Italian province. Which drags France in, as they're allied with Aragon for some ungodly reason. I sigh and send my troops back, but reassured that I've got Captain Habsburg on my side, I figure I'll be able to beat them away. Except, Austria decide to turn tail and break the alliance with me instead. Austria, who I've been allies with for almost 50 years, and great relations throughout. Yay. Well, that'll be fun.

At which point, all hell breaks loose. Ferrera, allied with Milan, the Papal States and Austria declares war.. and drags all of them in. Sensing weakness, the Ottomans declare too, swiftly followed by the Mamluks. So I'm now at war with France, Austria, the Ottomans and the Mamluks, as well as a host of minor/mid tier powers. Fantastic stuff, really fantastic.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I just realized that I will miss the Sunday session because I have a flight at that hour. Probably won't be home before 22:30. If anyone wants to give France a ride, tell me.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
One of the major problem with Venice is that you can never really trust AI Austria no matter what you do. Suddenly they'll pick a mission that'll screw you over whatever your relations has been up until that point

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Granted, allying France is a bit like pressing the "I win" button, but if you really want to destroy Austria, you can enlist the help of the French, and you can minimize the AE by releasing Styria as a vassal. I did that in two separate games, as Venice and Switzerland (probably shouldn't have done it in the latter game, but I was in a hurry to finish it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom