• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2013 - Malmö, Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greece should have placed higher for the tiny mandolin alone.
It's astounding how much better Norway's song was than everything else.

#MILF

akaoni

Banned
You do realise Barrowman is not American but Scottish.

I forgot, but I'm very aware because I love when there's footage of him speaking with his parents in a Glasgow accent. He moved away young, American citizenship and stuff, no?

Looking through the points spread of the semi-finals, Montenegro placed 12th and missed the final by about 10 points. And apparently the spread for semi 2 isn't up yet.

Doffen

euro_ken1ubs6t.gif

Let me introduce to you Norway's contribution to Eurovision in 2012; Tooji.
He won last place with smashing 7 points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7prpZqI10Ck

Kurtofan

We never liked you. It's because of you we have to learn French in school and require it for a lot of jobs. Meanwhile, french people only speak french in our country.

Well Belgium is a French speaking country, sorry Flanders!

Come on Walloons.

nOoblet16

Why hasn't there been anything like this since 2006 ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAh9NRGNhUU

I understand having a good voice and all is the thing, but if you aren't different and just sing the same kind of shit then you haven't got an identity of your own and you won't go anywhere. The ones that did have an identity of their own and won Eurovision like Abba, Lordi, Celion Dion went on to become successful. But I guess that's not what Eurovision is all about.

Checking the point spread of semi 2 now, San Marino got the unlucky 11th place, but the difference between 10 and 11 is much bigger in semi 2 (16 points). I also remember GAF liking Bulgaria; they placed 12th behind San Marino and missed the final by 18 points.

Oh well.

I understand having a good voice and all is the thing, but if you aren't different and just sing the same kind of shit then you haven't got an identity of your own and you won't go anywhere. The ones that did have an identity of their own and won Eurovision like Abba, Lordi, Celion Dion went on to become successful. But I guess that's not what Eurovision is all about.

Do you mean the costumes or the genre? Because after Lordi, there has been quite a few metal and rock songs in the contest. One of the "hardest" was sent by Finland (again) in 2008.
I can pull out more examples if you like.

waypoetic

Banned

I understand having a good voice and all is the thing, but if you aren't different then you haven't got an identity of your own and you won't go anywhere. The ones that did have an identity of their own and won Eurovision like Abba, Lordi, Celion Dion went on to become successful

We, Sweden, had a pop-"metal" band performing in one of the competitions leading up to the national finals... They didn't make it. And they sssucked.

luso

There is a Jury now, not only people voting. Odd acts gets less chance...

Rapstah

I don't know any rules against a country setting up buffer states dedicated solely to sending in joke entries that won't get anywhere near the top ten so they get to vote on the main country's entry.

I think it's called "the Balkans".
I think it's called "Northwestern Europe".
I think it's called "Scandinavia".

Majine

Banned
Yuropia said Denmark, but GAF said Romania.

Eurovision Final GAF Voting

Selection Votes
France 1% 2
Lithuania 0% 0
Moldova 0% 0
Finland 3% 10
Spain 1% 4
Belgium 0% 0
Estonia 1% 3
Belarus 0% 0
Malta 3% 10
Russia 0% 1
Germany 2% 8
Armenia 1% 2
Netherlands 5% 17
Romania 26% 85
United Kingdom 2% 5
Sweden 1% 3
Hungary 0% 0
Denmark 18% 61
Iceland 0% 1
Azerbaijan 0% 0
Greece 18% 59
Ukraine 1% 2
Italy 0% 1
Norway 16% 52
Georgia 0% 1
Ireland 1% 3

330 total

Kurtofan

Checking the point spread of semi 2 now, San Marino got the unlucky 11th place, but the difference between 10 and 11 is much bigger in semi 2 (16 points). I also remember GAF liking Bulgaria; they placed 12th behind San Marino and missed the final by 18 points.

Oh well.

Montenegro almost qualified damn it!

Vagabundo

Fuck it, might as well have a bit of craic with it.

If I could press a button right now and make it happen I would.

But shit, i probbaly need to got to bed. One bottle of wine is enough.

And those stupid shits in RTE or whoever picks the stupid entries wouldn't let it happen.

All the same the poor feckers didn't deserve to come last. They weren't that bad. We're stuck out here on the Atlantic, we'd need Amurica to vote, they give us 16 points.

grumpy

@wikileaks said:
Eurovision is also a geopolitical tool: 53 US diplomatic cables about Eurovision wikileaks.org/plusd/index.ph…

From my timeline
See guys? Eurovision IS serious business

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
If I could press a button right now and make it happen I would.

But shit, i probbaly need to got to bed. One bottle of wine is enough.

And those stupid shits in RTE or whoever picks the stupid entries wouldn't let it happen.

All the same the poor feckers didn't deserve to come last. They weren't that bad. We're stuck out here on the Atlantic, we'd need Amurica to vote, they give us 16 points.

How do we make this happen? We need to makes this happen. Keep Linda Martin as far away as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom