• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 Delayed Due To Covid

TheMan

Goddamn. First rebuild movie came out in 2007 and here we are in 2021, still waiting for this series to finish. At least the last movie is finally done. Maybe it will leak

thefool

e39ecf9184ccbaf4cb79fab5c1ff368a.gif

mortal

Gold Member
The longer I wait, the more I feel it will be shit. :messenger_fearful:
The best thing you can do for yourself for now is forget that it even exists.

I don't have to tell you that hype or anticipation can be a double edged blade after years of trailers, updates, and waiting.

TheMan

Full list (moreso to anyone else viewing the topic than you):

1.0: 2007
2.0: 2009
3.0: 2012
4.0: 202x

Dat curve :(

Yeah it's crazy. Crazier when I consider that I bought the OG series DVDs as they released...starting 21 years ago. Jesus.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Are there actual plot differences or did they just HD'd?
Yes. Not so much in the first one, a good bit in the second especially the ending, the third is totally uncharted territory. Reception to the third was really mixed...hoping the fourth puts all the pieces together but there are so many moving parts not sure they'll stick the landing.

The fact that I know something about anime that you don't is...unsettling...

I assume you've seen the original, what about EoE?

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yes. Not so much in the first one, a good bit in the second especially the ending, the third is totally uncharted territory. Reception to the third was really mixed...hoping the fourth puts all the pieces together but there are so many moving parts not sure they'll stick the landing.

The fact that I know something about anime that you don't is...unsettling...

Have you watched the original + EoE?
I watched Eva like 20 years ago man.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
I watched Eva like 20 years ago man.
I realized I asked a stupid question and edited but you were typing your reply...

Anyways, I really liked the first two but wasn't a huge fan of the third. It bit off way more than it could chew....and didn't make an effort to chew at all. It was basically just an extended interaction between two characters, one of which I am not a particularly huge fan of. I just feel like they have more to cover in the fourth than they possible can.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Anyways, I really liked the first two but wasn't a huge fan of the third. It bit off way more than it could chew....and didn't make an effort to chew at all. It was basically just an extended interaction between two characters, one of which I am not a particularly huge fan of. I just feel like they have more to cover in the fourth than they possible can.
Sounds like a cash grab. Gacha!

I realized I asked a stupid question and edited but you were typing your reply...
Yeah that makes sense. As to why you know more about this than me...

1. It is a mecha anime.
2. I don't even Gundem.
3. I get it, I just did not enjoy it. I have gone back to watch it 3 times now, same result.
4. GET IN THE FUCKING ROB

Also Jon Neu Jon Neu , really likes Evangelion, I still have no idea if his posts about the Eva are true or not.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Sounds like a cash grab. Gacha!

Yeah that makes sense. As to why you know more about this than me...

1. It is a mecha anime.
2. I don't even Gundem.
3. I get it, I just did not enjoy it. I have gone back to watch it 3 times now, same result.
4. GET IN THE FUCKING ROB

Also Jon Neu Jon Neu , really likes Evangelion, I still have no idea if his posts about the Eva are true or not.
VLDyJxj.jpg

No, I totally get it. You know I haven't watched much anime at all; just a handful. I just happened to enjoy this one when I first watched it. I can see where it isn't for everyone. I still think you're cool.

I like Eva but more than that I needed an avatar when I signed up so I just went with this one because it looked cool.

Dacon

Banned
The longer I wait, the more I feel it will be shit. :messenger_fearful:

The best thing you can do for yourself for now is forget that it even exists.

I don't have to tell you that hype or anticipation can be a double edged blade after years of trailers, updates, and waiting.

This is exactly what happened to me with FF7 remake, and now I simply don't care and don't get excited for anything.

Once your most anticipated thing of your entire life lets you down, nothing else quite compares.

mortal

Gold Member
This is exactly what happened to me with FF7 remake, and now I simply don't care and don't get excited for anything.

Once your most anticipated thing of your entire life lets you down, nothing else quite compares.
It was the same for me, but with FF Versus XIII.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

I thought FF7 was ruined for you cause of the fanfic shit like story.

Fbh

Just put some stock images of japan in there with some voice over and call it a day

Last edited:
Top Bottom