• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ever Oasis |OT| Secret of ActRaiser in the Desert aka This Year's Other Egyptian ARPG

I do not know if you are still looking for it, but it may also help other people: in the Synthesis menu you can select the item you want to create and press Y twice and it will show you the region and necessary skill for all the needed component (e.g. mining).

Later on you can build expeditions containing non seedlings who will get back with a ton of resources, when they are successfully.

Hey, thanks so much for that! I am indeed still looking haha I posted that right before I went to bed last night and haven't been back on yet, so that's great. That's one thing a sequel could solve. The information you might want is in there somewhere, but the game isn't always forthcoming about where. For example, there's the things menu and I had already checked in there on that item, and I just assumed that the game didn't tell you where to find it as it's not presented there at all.

Cheers though very helpful :)

Now that I can assign gardeners and send out expeditions I'm liking this game more and more. Was also happily surprised when store upgrades give the proprietor a new battle skill. Team building has a deceptive amount of depth.

Chase17

Downloading now. Looking forward to trying the game out.

Thank god there are no more 3DS games coming after that.

*looks around*

*sees EO V, SMT Strange Journey Redux, Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology, Kirby, Pokémanz, and Sushi Striker peeking around the corner*

*faints*

I forgot that there was a new retail Kirby game coming for 3ds. All I remember is that they said it would be multiplayer. It didn't show up at E3 did it?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So what happens exactly when you die? The tutorial said "sent back to the last save point", but does that mean you simply are warped back there---or do lose all progress since your last save?

Can't wait to get home from work to explore this game more though. Here's a question, is there a way to move those bomb plants that sometimes spawn from the propeller leafs? In one room there was a giant rock over a save point and a nearby bomb, but I couldn't figure out a way to move the bomb---I'm guessing that's a red herring and perhaps a party member later on can break through boulders?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I love this game.

WVW69kaysN4vIy5T2z
Lol, some translator had fun with that I bet.

TheMoon

I saw this brought up in the Treehouse thread (I had assumed before it was just going to be a quick entry in the Triple Deluxe/Robopon Trilogy) and this got me hyped, I've been wanting a dedicated Kirby fighter for the longest time.

What you were thinking about is ALSO coming this summer.

Wait there is another full Kirby game coming:eek:
If it's like roboplanet or deluxe omg.

Multiplayer game.

See here: https://youtu.be/6X06fvObnG0?t=442

y'all guys should watch Nintendo Directs. :)

So what happens exactly when you die? The tutorial said "sent back to the last save point", but does that mean you simply are warped back there---or do lose all progress since your last save?

Can't wait to get home from work to explore this game more though. Here's a question, is there a way to move those bomb plants that sometimes spawn from the propeller leafs? In one room there was a giant rock over a save point and a nearby bomb, but I couldn't figure out a way to move the bomb---I'm guessing that's a red herring and perhaps a party member later on can break through boulders?

For the point in the game you're at, yea you lose progress but to answer both questions, just keep playing :) there is a gameplay system not activated regarding your first question and there are future solutions for your second. Get exploring that desert!

Parshias7

Now I've found myself stuck in
Tumblethorn Road

I need to hit the cactus to plump it up, but I don't have any ranged attacks to hit it with.

I caved and picked this up after playing through the demo. I've been playing a lot of horror games, so it's nice to have something achingly sweet as a counter to that. I've always been a sucker for games with town building elements.

I hope this game isn't completely overlooked. It's super charming and the gameplay loop seems really addictive so far!

Trying to reach the Ocean Necropolis and I'm stuck in Glow-Fossil Cavern.

I can get into the room the red arrow marker points to, but I'm stuck on a balcony that you can't climb down from. Alternatively, the other route round into that room is similarly blockaded - the bridge made of a log is collapsed in the middle and there seems to be no way across.

There's a glowing plant to the side in the latter room, but it's unclear if this is the answer. That requires a magic skill to activate, which none of my residents have.

:/

MicH

Now I've found myself stuck in
Tumblethorn Road

I need to hit the cactus to plump it up, but I don't have any ranged attacks to hit it with.
You should definitely have gotten or be able to craft a wand or a spinner you can equip Tethu with back in the oasis

Man, I would've bought this game had it been on Switch. I may go ahead and buy this but just getting a Switch last week really turns me off from my 3DS. I think I'll give it a try, it seems like a unique original idea.

Feel about the same way. I'm leaning towards getting it cause the designs are too cute, but I hate having to go back to the 3DS. Might grab it whenever I finish Nier Automata I guess.

MicH

Trying to reach the Ocean Necropolis and I'm stuck in Glow-Fossil Cavern.

I can get into the room the red arrow marker points to, but I'm stuck on a balcony that you can't climb down from. Alternatively, the other route round into that room is similarly blockaded - the bridge made of a log is collapsed in the middle and there seems to be no way across.

There's a glowing plant to the side in the latter room, but it's unclear if this is the answer. That requires a magic skill to activate, which none of my residents have.

:/
You need to equip Tethu with a wand to interact with the flowers. You should definitely have one or be able to craft one.

schopaia

Since there are so many comments about Fantasy Life here... Anyone enjoying this game that HATED Fantasy Life? I was really let down by the generic characters, story, minigames and over-simplified combat. Does EO at least have some personality / complexity to it?

Played around 4-5 hours so far and I'm in love. This game is freaking fantastic. The Fantasy Life x Animal Crossing comparison is absolutely right, if you like those games then definitely get this!

It is so freaking charming and all my residents so far have each had their own distinctive personality. Can't wait to continue playing.

So sad to see how little buzz there is surrounding this game :(

holy shit

FL + AC?

My hype just went through the roof.

I was planning to start EO this weekend but I'm still playing through Rune Factory 4 and The Last of Us.

Too many fucking games.

I think I'm stuck after the
the 2nd chaos invasion. I went where they told me to go but I don't think I've recruited anyone capable of using the required technique for the room. Any tips?

MicH

the 2nd chaos invasion. I went where they told me to go but I don't think I've recruited anyone capable of using the required technique for the room. Any tips?
Can you give us some more details? What is the dungeon called and what technique do you need? (Or at least the puzzle/icon?)

gaiadyne

Flower Power.
Probably looking for a wand user who should be one of your first shop keepers. Alternately there if you recruit the person with the cloth shop they can also do the same thing and will be higher level for the dungeon

Can you give us some more details? What is the dungeon called and what technique do you need? (Or at least the puzzle/icon?)

Flower Power.
Probably looking for a wand user who should be one of your first shop keepers. Alternately there if you recruit the person with the cloth shop they can also do the same thing and will be higher level for the dungeon

Yeah, I need to find a
wand user
. I don't see that icon for any of my residents yet?

MicH

Yeah, I need to find a
wand user
. I don't see that icon for any of my residents yet?
You just have to equip that item on a character. Not all can wield it though (although I learned Mariah can earlier in this thread :p) but Tethu can if all else fails. You should have one or be able to craft one.

Poppy

Alana is my favorite number one best girl

also this game has to have the most dissonant title screen ever

the music is so grand and awesome and the title is just like yep this is game name

also this game is really good, it might be a bit too easy. i was surprised that enemies beat your ass if you actually get hit, but it doesnt really matter when you can self rez and port out whenever you want. i dunno if maybe the labyrinths are the challenge? havent done one yet. also i dunno if i could ever replay this cause theres so much buildup and dialogue and junk. but anyway, i really like it, characters are fun and super cute, cant stop playing it unless my battery goes red

quabba

Ok I think I'm through the slow start. About 4hrs in and just met Mariah and getting to new areas.

There's a lot to like about the game, lots of nice QoL stuff, music and art but it's been so tutorial heavy...

Anyway I want to see what this game has to offer now it's introduced all these systems.

B00TE

So all my local places were sold out of this, so imma order off Best Buy.

Is there any kind of end game/post-story stuff or is it just comprised of maxing townsfolk and stuff like that?

Doorman

Well I'm definitely at the point in the game now where the shops have gotten harder to stock, lol. A couple of them now are asking for materials that I have a hell of a time trying to gather larger amounts of. It's either a couple of items from early-game areas that just don't seem to show up often (I'm looking at you, demon walnuts that I can collect like one of any time I go to the dunes), or stuff from my most recently-new area that's similarly hard to farm or brought up by a couple somewhat-rare enemies that are a pain to quickly take down. I'm not really hurting for cash at all but it kind of sucks to have my happiness docked due to stock difficulties that I can't reliably fix.

Makes me wish I had more desert dwellers so I could have some for party purposes but still send out several teams at a time!

Poppy

Well I'm definitely at the point in the game now where the shops have gotten harder to stock, lol. A couple of them now are asking for materials that I have a hell of a time trying to gather larger amounts of. It's either a couple of items from early-game areas that just don't seem to show up often (I'm looking at you, demon walnuts that I can collect like one of any time I go to the dunes), or stuff from my most recently-new area that's similarly hard to farm or brought up by a couple somewhat-rare enemies that are a pain to quickly take down. I'm not really hurting for cash at all but it kind of sucks to have my happiness docked due to stock difficulties that I can't reliably fix.

Makes me wish I had more desert dwellers so I could have some for party purposes but still send out several teams at a time!

i just started sending out two parties to forage and do my exploring alone and warp in townsfolk when i need abilities

pariah164

A lot of these caves seem to have multiple things I can't access without a fourth party member. For example, I'm currently in an area where I need to flip over pillar fragments, a pellet ability, and a digging ability. Is this just to encourage multiple run-throughs of caves?

atbigelow

Had to rummage through the house to find my n3DS, charge it, update it, and then FINALLY download this game.

Been really enjoying it. I wasn't a huge fan of what I saw at the past two E3s, but also figured it was just gonna be something that wasn't fun to watch but to play.

The only weird quirk of the game I've discovered (so far): if you are advancing the story and someone wants to join your party and it's full, you can't get the person you remove back in by the time you return to the oasis, so they don't get XP.

Very surprised by how much I've been liking the music. It sounds like an RPG version of "The Mummy" (not the new one, the good one). Lots of thumbs up on that.

Everyone in the game is so adorable, too.

adroit

A lot of these caves seem to have multiple things I can't access without a fourth party member. For example, I'm currently in an area where I need to flip over pillar fragments, a pellet ability, and a digging ability. Is this just to encourage multiple run-throughs of caves?

I think the answer is to use the Aqua Gate button at the bottom of the touch screen. That lets you warp back to the oasis, swap party members, and warp back to the place you came from.

I think this will also solve the problem of losing a party member's XP if someone in the field wants to join your party. Warp back to the oasis first, drop off a party member, and warp back and add the new person to your party. I haven't actually done that yet but it seems like it would work.

atbigelow

I think the answer is to use the Aqua Gate button at the bottom of the touch screen. That lets you warp back to the oasis, swap party members, and warp back to the place you came from.

I think this will also solve the problem of losing a party member's XP if someone in the field wants to join your party. Warp back to the oasis first, drop off a party member, and warp back and add the new person to your party. I haven't actually done that yet but it seems like it would work.

Yeah, next time there's a new party member like that, I need to try and hit no and Aqua Gate back beforehand. Just a bit of a bother.

Poppy

it does seem like it makes you aqua gate an awful lot, wish i could just teleport party members in without needing to go through multiple loads

Shaldome

also this game is really good, it might be a bit too easy. i was surprised that enemies beat your ass if you actually get hit, but it doesnt really matter when you can self rez and port out whenever you want. i dunno if maybe the labyrinths are the challenge?

I think it only gets hard, if there are multiple enemys in a fight. But that is because you sometimes loose track of where they are an get smacked by a rush atack, because you didn't see it coming. I only tried bronze labyrinth yet and here the end boss was the same as the first story boss. I can see this also getting a bit more hectic, if there are bosses with a few adds.

Digging gives you only resources and is not needed to solve dungeons. You can see what skills you need when you select your destination in the warp screen.

Some people have resource gathering and dungeon solving skills. Like one Seedling has the pellet ability and mining. I haven't checked if there is one for digging.

Top Bottom