• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ever played as drunk/highed?

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
giphy.webp

guggnichso

Banned
I remember a lot of drunk WoW sessions back when it came out. You didn’t need brains or fast reactions, you just spammed ur buttons.

Winter John

The only time I can stand to play Overwatch anymore is when I'm drinking. I put the sound off, turn the stereo up, pour out a few JDs. Otherwise that game is unbearable

bati

Drunk, a few times. Back when Black Ops 2 was popular I'd often unwind after work on a friday night and booze up to the point that I'd swap kbm (was playing on PC) for a pad because I got so confident in my skills. Fun times.

But generally it's not a pleasant experience because it's hard to keep the drunkenness level just right to enjoy the game and not feel tired.

Drunk, a few times. Back when Black Ops 2 was popular I'd often unwind after work on a friday night and booze up to the point that I'd swap kbm (was playing on PC) for a pad because I got so confident in my skills. Fun times.

But generally it's not a pleasant experience because it's hard to keep the drunkenness level just right to enjoy the game and not feel tired.

That's a game inside a game. I keed, I keed.

Nymphae

Banned
Let me tell you, my Street Fighter skills do not improve with alcohol. I forbade myself from ever playing ranked drunk again.

Yeah I pretty much only play games baked. Probably why I walked into so many attacks in our sets lol. Need to cut back a bit I think.

Smoke and drink always went well with Guitar Hero.

Only thing that peripheral needed was a little hole on the head for you to put your smoke in while you play, I suppose I could have drilled one or something, I just played with the smoke in my mouth lol

zappa-jpg.258122

Tiamat2san

Yep , I remember a party at Microsoft’s french headquarters (it was a training class before Windows 10 was out, i was there for my work)
Free Champagne and cocktails ... I was completely drunk and I won 2 tournaments (MK 10 and Killer instinct)
I won a lot of cool stuffs.
I was slapping my face between rounds to refocus.
Good memories.

lifa-cobex

Yeah I pretty much only play games baked. Probably why I walked into so many attacks in our sets lol. Need to cut back a bit I think.

Only thing that peripheral needed was a little hole on the head for you to put your smoke in while you play, I suppose I could have drilled one or something, I just played with the smoke in my mouth lol

zappa-jpg.258122
Yup.
Buddy of mine was playing on hard and I think he selected the wrong song or something. Think he was expecting a long intro before he had to start playing.
Song starts and he freaks. Automatically he sticks the joint behind his ear whilst lit.
Poor bastard.

odhin

Sure.
Last time was a couple of weeks ago, playing Sekiro.
I wasn't full on drunk, just a little "tipsy". Anyways, it didn't work out so well :messenger_beermugs:

Nymphae

Banned
Yup.
Buddy of mine was playing on hard and I think he selected the wrong song or something. Think he was expecting a long intro before he had to start playing.
Song starts and he freaks. Automatically he sticks the joint behind his ear whilst lit.
Poor bastard.

Lol none of my friends could handle smoking while playing. I had no trouble just sticking the joint or smoke in the side of my mouth and out to the side so that the smoke didn't go into my eyes.

TacosNSalsa

Yup..all the time and at the beginning , I'm even better at games like Street Fighter. I tend not to over think things , get tunnel vision and completely focused on what I'm doing. As the night goes on and I continue to drink to try and keep that feeling it goes down hill pretty quickly . Before I know it I'm doing full screen wake up raging demons talking bout " thought you was going to jump broham! "

lifa-cobex

Ah, wise choice Ken-sama.

VR + edibles should be experienced by everybody, I feel. It's quite an introspective event.

Every time someone comes over to try my VR, they say the same thing.
Don't think I could do it anymore. Think it would skull fuck me.

Catphish

I find that, over the course of a 6-pack, my skills run on a curve. I peak, and play lights out in pretty much anything, around beers 3 & 4. After that, the long, painful decline begins...

BlackTron

WINNERS DON’T DO DRUGS.

Well, except this guy.

Yep , I remember a party at Microsoft’s french headquarters (it was a training class before Windows 10 was out, i was there for my work)
Free Champagne and cocktails ... I was completely drunk and I won 2 tournaments (MK 10 and Killer instinct)
I won a lot of cool stuffs.
I was slapping my face between rounds to refocus.
Good memories.

ethomaz

Banned
79.8% of the time.

I always drink while playing.

Drunk Iron Bananas in Destiny were the peak ❤

Last edited:

waylo

Banned
Used to LAN with buddies and get high and play 1.6/Source for hours/days.

Been years since I've done that though. Mainly because I don't care to get high anymore, but also we don't live close now either.

Every Magic The Gathering game (xbox or Pc) has been my go to high af game. To the point where I only get high if I can play magic and I only play magic if I can get high.

I remember coming home drunk as hell from a party, firing up my Ps3 which i just got, thinking "wow a new demo" (Dynasty Warriors Gundam), downloading it, waking up the next morning, and not remembering how that got on my hard drive.

CloudSolace

I've done it before and honestly, I'd rather play sober so I can actually stand a chance against my competition instead of being completely obliterated.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Only ever played Marvel 3 and TF2 drunk. I threw up and passed out after playing TF2 for like 30 minutes. Marvel 3 I just played online a bit and I remember doing okay.

Thurible

Honestly I have never been drunk but I have been buzzed. It is a weird feeling, a bit euphoric and your head feels light. I know what people are saying around me but my thoughts feel a bit muddled and my attention goes elsewhere. The surroundings seem off sometimes.

Top Bottom