• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ever played as drunk/highed?

JimiNutz

Banned
I do most of my gaming drunk or high.
I rarely game by myself anymore and play most things with my gf so we always turn the games into drinking games (for example we are currently playing through Crash Bandicoot and have a drink every time we die). It makes gaming much more difficult when drunk but it's a lot of fun.

If I'm not drunk then I def get high. Being high and gaming go together very well. Everything is more intense and immersive, colours look extra vivid and music sounds better. I don't own PSVR yet but I'm really looking forward to getting high and playing No Man's Sky Beyond in VR.

nowhat

Geometry Wars or Mortal Kombat X are my recommendations for that state of mind.
(disclaimer: I'm not advocating anything, just a personal anecdote)

Here in .fi it seems blotters are quite rare nowadays. The retailers usually have diluted liquid acid, but it's hard to distribute in that form, so a single drop infused into a sugar cube is what's usually being sold. One cube, you're good. Two cubes, hopefully you're not planning to go outside.

So I bought a couple of cubes from a friend, and he hands me one extra, saying that this is the "oops" edition, he jumbled with the pipette. Being adventurous as I am, I'm game. 30 minutes in, I'm like Homer Simpson sneezing at dinosaurs:

But no worries, I have a huge backlog of games - perhaps something chill, that doesn't require millisecond reflexes? I ended up playing Inside for the first time. And... it was a profound experience. But when I got to the end (I didn't clear all the objectives, so I didn't get the "good" ending) I definitely thought to myself "Welp, that's enough games for me today. Listening to Boards of Canada in fetal position doesn't seem like a bad idea."

scalman

As most things gaming goes pretty well along with alocohol. Not too much but just enough amount to make you relax enough and still be ok and react fast. All games goes more fun in that state

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I have played as a drunk in Conker's Bad Fur Day. I've never played a game drunk though, because I do not take any drugs.

Weilthain

Banned
Playing drunk I usually get bored fairly quick and do other things.

playing high there have been times when it becomes really immersive to the point of euphoria (playing rage on the best shit I ever had was crazy) but mainly playing stoned becomes tiring on the brain, and my tolerance for time wasting design choices and really any faults in the game become huge issues.

I don’t get high any more and I when I’m drunk I prefer conspiracy videos and ranting about the moon landings.

M0G

Ahh the journey of life. I used to get high before gaming as an essential preparation and just get battered constantly. Then after many years I played less and less because I was so high all the time. Now I've finally given up so I don't have to give up playing games and just sit there in a bubble of brainfuckery and back to enjoying gaming fully again... and it feels good. Not being preachy, that's just how it went down for me. I miss that shit lol.

Top Bottom