• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha |OT| Settle in, Trailblazin' is afoot.

Ashodin

i'll just emote my excitement with gifs. can't wait. got the week all planned out to do nothing but this.

DO IT

It will be a streaming game, is the reason.

Yep!

I wonder, do we know how much instanced content the final game will have?

None, I think! It's all open world(?)

so it's out tonight i thought it was in feb/march?

Nope they're ready for Alpha NAO

Two questions:

1. Is character customization in this alpha, or will all males and females look the exact same?

2. Should I really fork over $60 for a few items and early access? How much later do people think the beta would start?

Character customization is in fo sho. How much later? No idea. March maybe?

Feb 28 was always "at the latest", for Alpha.

There probably won't be much customization, but I have no idea, we haven't heard much on that.

That's really up to you. Closed beta will start March 31, at the latest.

Noice!

I bet it goes live after the live stream.

Don't forget the client will be small apparently as there's a lot of streaming.

Yep! It's like Minecraft where you will have to load things in on your periphery.

Somnia

Two questions:

1. Is character customization in this alpha, or will all males and females look the exact same?

2. Should I really fork over $60 for a few items and early access? How much later do people think the beta would start?

There is character customization apparently, but only human race for now. Beta is probably a few months out.

Only 1 plot of land btw in alpha at first, will change later. I think you can fold your plot (everything you built goes in your inventory, can be replaced as is in your new plot).

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Wait wut... it's streamed? Okay.. hype deflated

edit:

Oh the install is streamed or the actual game?

Game contents are streamed in as you explore. If you're ever tried Second Life it will be sorta like that. Just probably a lot more optimized and better looking.

So I've heard .

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Wait wut... it's streamed? Okay.. hype deflated

edit:

Oh the install is streamed or the actual game?

Some of the data will be streamed, yes. It's more about caching the data, install this on an SSD if possible.

Jarnet87

Has SoE said anything about people being able to stream Landmark during Alpha/Beta? Carbine/NC Soft seemed to be fine letting people stream the closed beta tests.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Has SoE said anything about people being able to stream Landmark during Alpha/Beta? Carbine/NC Soft seemed to be fine letting people stream the closed beta tests.

No streaming allowed during Alpha.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

NDA for Alpha for sure. Closed Beta I forgot. Probably NDA too though.

Jarnet87

Sucks that they are under NDA, don't understand how that helps. I would think that if the game isn't a complete disaster having it open for the public to at least watch can only help make more people interested. I believe Elder Scrolls early Alpha or beta (whatever it was) was under NDA and it still got out that it was a piece of junk.

Violet_0

Banned
going to pick up an alpha access now, wow

quick question, how is Landmarks going to tie into 'real' EverQuest game? I didn't get this part from the video

Damaniel

Banned
Correct. They may lift the NDA during closed beta though.

If things go well during the alpha, I could see SOE dropping the NDA during beta. Twitch streams and let's plays do more these days to build hype for a good game than any amount of advertising could accomplish. Of course, this alpha sounds like a REALLY early alpha, so the game may not be far enough along to show freely to the world by the time beta rolls around.

The devs are really taking the 'open it up to end users' approach this time around, so I'm guessing an end date for the NDA that's earlier rather than later, but we'll see.

Wartari

Banned
Are you in?

Q71qUVZ.gif
No. Get me in bro! :p

Damaniel

Banned
BTW apparently there are over 20,000 alphas sold already, over 6000 trailblazers alone.

That's insane. Not bad to get over $1M into the game dev warchest so quickly, though.

The credits are going to end up like the ones in Path of Exile - the credit roll will be longer than the game itself. ;)

Ashodin

That's insane. Not bad to get over $1M into the game dev warchest so quickly, though.

The credits are going to end up like the ones in Path of Exile - the credit roll will be longer than the game itself. ;)

haha IDK about that, sandboxes eat up a lot of time.

Raxious

Really tempted to get the $60 pack now and then upgrade to trailblazer before Alpha is over.

Same here, I'm actually tempted to buy the Trailblazer pack immediately. I love the Noble's Regalia, and the fact you immediately get access to the Vault, which according to the devs takes a couple of weeks to make.

ZiZ

really want to play this, but I can't bring myself to pay for a buggy and incomplete game, especially one that will be free to play.

Ashodin

Same here, I'm actually tempted to buy the Trailblazer pack immediately. I love the Noble's Regalia, and the fact you immediately get access to the Vault, which according to the devs takes a couple of weeks to make.

Probably going to upgrade to trailblazer during. I don't want to chance my email comes tomorrow instead of today by upgrading now.

Top Bottom