• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha |OT| Settle in, Trailblazin' is afoot.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder, do we know how much instanced content the final game will have?

The final Landmark game or final EverQuest Next game? I don't think they plan for any instancing in Landmark, but I may be wrong.

They've been rather coy about discussing EverQuest Next and how instancing will be used in it. The game is still probably a very long ways out, though.

Somnia

Probably going to upgrade to trailblazer during. I don't want to chance my email comes tomorrow instead of today by upgrading now.

You can still play today without the email, it flags your account. You'll just goto the forums to get the download for the client.

really want to play this, but I can't bring myself to pay for a buggy and incomplete game, especially one that will be free to play.

There's really no risk in it. If you're not satisfied and feel you are getting your $60 worth they said they'll give a full refund.

Ashodin

<- Trailblazer

In-game name will probably just be Raticus.

Added!

this is the big one guys, I'm adding to the OP:

Ouch. Not sure my PC can take it. What if I can&#8217;t play?

SOE has promised to give you a refund. You&#8217;ll need to contact customer service.

Ashodin

Yep they are offering full refunds if you can't run it and if you just aren't happy with it.

Nothing lost if you buy it now!

Q71qUVZ.gif
Q71qUVZ.gif

Damaniel

Banned
Yep they are offering full refunds if you can't run it and if you just aren't happy with it.

This was actually what made me decide to get off the fence and buy a founder's pack. I'd never actually ask for a refund (unless the game did something like ignite my PC), but the fact that the devs are confident enough to offer one was enough to convince me.

(I just hope that tons of people don't jump out at the first sign of bugs or crashes - I'm guessing things are going to be really, really rough for the first couple of weeks, even for an alpha.)

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I purchased the Trailblazer pack, there's no download yet, right?

Ashodin

So, in the current state is it a gamified 3d modelling tool?

It's Minecraft with a 3D Modelling Tool. But the extent of what we can do is not clear yet until we play. Like how far we can go, how much we can build, how we can upgrade, etc.

Hupsel

Damn Im so mad... Id love to try the game and Im trying to buy the $59 version. Problem is, I live in Brazil and when I try to buy the game the website changes the currency from dollars to brazilian reais.

And we - as a fucking third world country - have a stupid law that says that people cant buy online things in real if the website domain is from the USA or somewhere else. They make you pay in dollars so you pay more in the end, since one dollar is like 2.5 reais... and I cant figure a way to change it in the Everquest Next website.

Somnia

I'm really curious if this giftpack I bought today will be able to be used. I bought myself an explorer pack weeks ago and my account is flagged and ready to go (only reason I know is when I went to go buy the giftpack it gave me the option to upgrade to trailblazer). They said if bought today you won't get an email probably... I wonder if that means I won't get his code tonight and not till tomorrow.

Ashodin

Damn Im so mad... Id love to try the game and Im trying to buy the $59 version. Problem is, I live in Brazil and when I try to buy the game the website changes the currency from dollars to brazilian reais.

And we - as a fucking third world country - have a stupid law that says that people cant buy online things in real if the website domain is from the USA or somewhere else. They make you pay in dollars so you pay more in the end, since one dollar is like 2.5 reais... and I cant figure a way to change it in the Everquest Next website.

There's no like way to purchase through a VPN or something? I'm not sure about it myself.

Why is every time I go to login to one of these sites my password is wrong? Always happens.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

You end up paying more than $59 USD is what you're saying?

Hmm, wonder if someone could gift it and pay back in PayPal?

Ghekkus

Try https://www.tunnelbear.com/ ?

Nugg

I'm a trailblazer! You can add me! I'm not sure what my ingame name will be, probably the same as here!

FiraB

Banned
Add to the list. I'll use my forum name till open beta.

I know what I'll be doing all night and early morning today...

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Just spotted the new thread. I'm dubious about my PC running this but I plunked down $60 anyway. Too many damn fond EQ memories.

Feel free to add me to the list; I'd be down with joining a guild as well.

Top Bottom