• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Everyone has a price"

What is your price (USD a month)?

• Total voters

Kimahri

Banned
I'm a devout Christian. What good is it if a man gains the entire world yet loses his soul? My morals cannot be bought. I wouldn't engage in homosexual or extra-marital sexual relations for any price. I'd sincerely sooner die. Money can't buy me the forgiveness of my sins before holy God. I love and fear God too much to live a life of willfully offending His majesty. Keep the money. What comfort would it bring me in eternal Hell?
One thing I wonder about is how devout christians like yourself would react in the afterlife if it turned out there is no judgement, and god or whatever it is just shrugs and says he gave you free will for a reason.

Would you feel cheated by your religion in any way?

GymWolf

For how much would you suck a dick? Imagine there are 100k on the table and it’s an honest offer. Would you?
Not sure if i have a price for that tbh.

Also i'm not really poor, so money have a different charme on me compared to a guy with money problem.

Kenpachii

money doesn't have much value to me. Mostly because i got a good steady income anyway. So frankly unless i get offered obscene amounts of money like 100's of millions or a billion i could maybe make up my mind, milllion is not much worth in todays society.

Last edited:
I'm a devout Christian. What good is it if a man gains the entire world yet loses his soul? My morals cannot be bought. I wouldn't engage in homosexual or extra-marital sexual relations for any price. I'd sincerely sooner die. Money can't buy me the forgiveness of my sins before holy God. I love and fear God too much to live a life of willfully offending His majesty. Keep the money. What comfort would it bring me in eternal Hell?

Is this real?

People can believe what they want to believe. But if you're going to post baseless opinions, expect to be called out on it.
it's the poster's faith, to them obviously not 'baseless opinions'. if you judge them to be 'baseless opinions', that's fine, but it doesn't change the belief of the poster or the strength of that belief, nor does it change the right of the poster to act in accordance with their own belief system for this hypothetical scenario.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I couldn’t do it, no matter the price. My self worth is priceless to me. You’d have to put me in a life or death situation to force me to debase myself, not offer me money. Money cannot buy everything.

God Enel

If the dick is clean and clear of STDs, sure. Would you?
I’m not sure to be honest. It’s quite a lot of money - not that I don’t have enough but it would make life easier. I mean women and other men are doing it 24/7 but I’m not sure if I could do it. It more of a mental barrier and the aftermath than anything else.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Happy Hour Drinking GIF

Ionian

Why does it it have to be a "cheeseburger man."

What are the qualifications? Sucking a cheese-burger seems odd.

But a man that is one? Need more info OP.

Rran

No amount would be high enough. Even if I wasn't already married and a father, I would regret it for the rest of my life.

One thing I wonder about is how devout christians like yourself would react in the afterlife if it turned out there is no judgement, and god or whatever it is just shrugs and says he gave you free will for a reason.

Would you feel cheated by your religion in any way?
In this scenario, wouldn't we be in Heaven and set to live in bliss for eternity? I think the appeal of that would outweigh the obligation of going to church once a week and not killing people during my relatively short span of time on Earth.

Last edited:
I'm super straight, but for a measly £1000 a month I would happily put my man bits inside all manner of Internet lesbians.

Kimahri

Banned
No amount would be high enough. Even if I wasn't already married and a father, I would regret it for the rest of my life.

In this scenario, wouldn't we be in Heaven and set to live in bliss for eternity? I think the appeal of that would outweigh the obligation of going to church once a week and not killing people during my relatively short span of time on Earth.

No, why? I'm just saying what if there's no judgement. Let's say everyone's going to the same afterlife, no matter what you do.

If your reaction to going to heaven no matter what is "hey, let's kill people", I'd say that's a bit weird.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I expect there's probably quite the gulf between my 'price' and what anybody would actually be willing to spend...

E-Cat

Being a "sugar baby" or playing gay/lesbian has nothing to do with morality. Sure, it's 'icky' if you're straight, but nothing an adequate compensation can't fix.

Rran

No, why? I'm just saying what if there's no judgement. Let's say everyone's going to the same afterlife, no matter what you do.

If your reaction to going to heaven no matter what is "hey, let's kill people", I'd say that's a bit weird.
I feel like there was some sort of misunderstanding here...? Let me rephrase.

As a Christian, if I went to Heaven and God said that we'd go to Heaven regardless of how we acted during life, I'd still be grateful that I ended up going to Heaven! Your previous post implied Christians would feel slighted, like "Oh man, I wasted all that time following the Ten Commandments!" or whatever, but honestly, who would care at that point? I'm in eternal paradise. It'd be like winning the lottery after buying ten tickets then retroactively realizing you only needed the one. The good would outweigh the bad by a billion-to-one factor.

Yeah this is pathetic imagine fantasizing about selling your body against your will.

And the people who are saying they are straight and would be gay for money: you are gay.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
I feel like there was some sort of misunderstanding here...? Let me rephrase.

As a Christian, if I went to Heaven and God said that we'd go to Heaven regardless of how we acted during life, I'd still be grateful that I ended up going to Heaven! Your previous post implied Christians would feel slighted, like "Oh man, I wasted all that time following the Ten Commandments!" or whatever, but honestly, who would care at that point? I'm in eternal paradise. It'd be like winning the lottery after buying ten tickets then retroactively realizing you only needed the one. The good would outweigh the bad by a billion-to-one factor.
Ah, well, I think you're misreading me still. I'm not asking if you'd feel like you wasted time following commandments and/or being a nice guy or whatever. It's not like the absence of religion equals debauchery and anarchy.

What I'm asking is, would you feel cheated by your religion. Not your god. Your religion. The method through which deities are usually treated.

Religions interpret the texts often to fit their own agenda, and different religions, or branches of the same religion interpret the same texts differently. So, say you belong to a faith that condemns, say, sex before marriage, and you get to heaven, and God is like "this is a 24/7 orgy, what is wrong with you peeps? I gave you the orgasm for a reason", wouldn't that make years of chastity feel pointless? Sure, you're in heaven now, but you life on earth could have been free of a lot of silly rules.

That's just a silly example, but I hope I got my meaning across better, lol. I'm not talking about being evil and mean. I don't get why it always have to end up there. I know more nice and peaceful non religious people than vice versa, to put it like that.

Rran

Religions interpret the texts often to fit their own agenda, and different religions, or branches of the same religion interpret the same texts differently. So, say you belong to a faith that condemns, say, sex before marriage, and you get to heaven, and God is like "this is a 24/7 orgy, what is wrong with you peeps? I gave you the orgasm for a reason", wouldn't that make years of chastity feel pointless? Sure, you're in heaven now, but you life on earth could have been free of a lot of silly rules.
For me personally? I'd be fine. Honestly, I like my religion and I think there are a lot of practical applications to what some would call its rigid rules. It's shaped the person I am and I'm very happy with how my life turned out. I think there's a lot more to happiness than simple physical pleasure (and for that, I've still got my wife).

I'm fine with my monthly income and I really don't see what more money could buy me. Growing up poor I learned how to appreciate what I have.

Money doesn't mean a lot to me.

Zeroing

Banned
For how much would you suck a dick? Imagine there are 100k on the table and it’s an honest offer. Would you?

I do it for free… so if they payed me it’s a bonus? Or does it mean I’ve done a good job?

now being serious, it’s not even about morals it’s about how you would you feel after…

no amount of money is worth if you get a trauma…. There’s a high possibility it would happen.
We don’t know how the “experience”would go…

epicnemesis

There are more nuances than presented and I can’t answer.
How long is the contract for?
We talking ugly woman, old woman, old ugly woman, gay guy? All those have different prices.
How much of my role is sexually motivated, how much is just companionship?

There are a lot more but those are the biggest price swings. I’m going to need “fuck you money” at the end of it to make it worth it for my family.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
it's the poster's faith, to them obviously not 'baseless opinions'. if you judge them to be 'baseless opinions', that's fine, but it doesn't change the belief of the poster or the strength of that belief, nor does it change the right of the poster to act in accordance with their own belief system for this hypothetical scenario.
It is a baseless opinion because it isn't based on any logical reason. Faith isn't a reason, it's just faith. You can justify anything with "faith" without thinking deeply about it at all.

Top Bottom