• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVO 2009: Fighting Game Championships - July 17 - 19, Las Vegas, NV (At the Rio!)

No45 said:
Not sure if there's a change in quality yet, but the IGN evo2k9 page has the SF4 final as a single downloadable HD QT file, which is new up today I think. Certainly last time I checked I couldn't get it all in one lump.

It's been like that since last Friday. They're going to release downloaded footage of the other matches "weekly," whatever the hell that means.

No45

black_vegeta said:
It's been like that since last Friday. They're going to release downloaded footage of the other matches "weekly," whatever the hell that means.
Really? I don't remember seeing the whole bundle there previously, just the ability to click through and download them all individually. :|

EDIT: Just checked at the individual links and there's no QT option there at all. Never mind, downloading it now anyway. :)

No45 said:
Really? I don't remember seeing the whole bundle there previously, just the ability to click through and download them all individually. :|

EDIT: Just checked at the individual links and there's no QT option there at all. Never mind, downloading it now anyway. :)

Yeah, as far as SF4 goes they only have the final match between Daigo vs Justin. Down the road, they'll upload the other matches.

daegan

Rice-Eater said:
Daigo was a "Special Guest" at that tourney. Yes he practically earned that spot based on reputation alone, no one else is a bigger legend then him in the world of Street Fighter games. Daigo won to receive his bye, the same would have happened if either Iyo or Poongko had won.

Imagine if Justin has won though. He was going to get a free trip either way even if he didn't because he's sponsored by Empire Arcadia. That might have meant no Daigo at this years Evo, or Iyo/Poongko if they had finished 2nd.

But anyways, I was disappointed with the lack of Japanese this year. I mean it was SF4's big debut and the same guys that comes almost every year(Nuki, Tokido) didn't show. I hope those guys along with the other big names come next year so we can have a 5 on 5 USA vs Japan exhibition and see who dominates the top 8 in the SF4 tourney at Evo 2K10.

I read somewhere on SRK that there were a couple tournaments in Japan the same weekend...that could be part of the reason why they were less represented than usual.

Top Bottom