• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve delayed to February 2015

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Here is the list of shit I'm considering.

Hotline Miami 2
Joe Danger Vita
Destiny (Sep 9)
Forza Horizon 2 (Sep 30)
Drive Club (Oct 7)
Sunset Overdrive (Oct 28)
COD: Advanced Warfare (Nov 4)
Halo Collection (Nov 11)
The Crew (Nov 11)
Far Cry 4 (Nov 18)
GTA5

and that's leaving out a whole bunch of stuff that I have no interest in.

You forgot to add assassin creed. It sells well

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So, what's the current situation for February? Because I think we'll see games in Februafy being delayed as well (if not again after being delayed from this Fall) if that window is way too packed, like this October was (and still is, despite everything).

GTA will get dated at Sony's conference for Gamescom next week I'd suspect. Surprised about Evolve in some ways although the Xbox One beta not surfacing yet should perhaps have given us an indication?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
What happened to all the bs take-two spewed about being well positioned for this generation of consoles?

Same thing everyone else said before delaying games to 2015. So much crying from publishers about 7th gen lasting too long and none of them were actually ready for the transition.

Xpliskin

Nice. Evil Within thrives.

Exact same thought.

denzel_intro.jpg

So, what's the current situation for February? Because I think we'll see games in Februafy being delayed as well (if not again after being delayed from this Fall) if that window is way too packed, like this October was (and still is, despite everything).

Order , dying light , evolve , Witcher 3.

Batman was rumoured to come out in February.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Evolve Feb 10th. The Order Feb 20th, and The Witcher on the 24th. Good variety of games with different target groups so not too much overlap/competition.

hydruxo

Eh fine with me. Still plenty of games I'm interested in this fall and this makes it easier to choose between the Oct games I want. Feb 15 is stacked.

Sotha_Sil

The Evil Within and Lords of the Fallen are the big winners here. They both probably needed some help with early sales.

Frostburn

Yeah, the game had 20-30 minutes long gameplay videos and streams of full matches, so it isn't like it's in the middle of development precisely.

It looks like more a case of "there is too much competition in that release window, so we will slip the game to next release window" (which is February).

The PC version Alpha build had a lot of technical issues to work out on PC still, not as finished as they'd have you believe (Can't speak to the console versions)

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Not going to repeat myself on what I thought about the alpha again. But seriously: This game needed it!

Ape

Banned
Very debatable....

It is, but I'm confident in that. It is the best game by far out of all the big releases that I've played for this year. Except AC Unity I think that I've had hands on with all the "big" games at E3. SO is just crazy fun.

Well, that really sucks. I don't think I can remember a time when so much stuff was moved around so close to release. Maybe this will teach publishers to be a little more patient when they announce dates.

I guess now that October is having an exodus on games I might be able to afford picking up Lords of the Fallen now.

tanod

when is my burrito
HAHAHAHAHA. What a fucked up generation this is.

Besides Destiny, this was literally the only other AAA game I was remotely interested in this year.

EDIT: Also, delayed 4 months. Likely to still have Day 1 Paid DLC.

Expected. Game would bomb imo this Fall, I see very little hype behind it.

There's been plenty at every event it has appeared at (by actual people, not just media), most folks left the alpha happy, and it has a solid studio behind it.

But its a busy holiday with a lot of new information coming out. There just isn't much hype on GAF because the place has become anti-competitive shooter
outside of Destiny
since Titanfall and are bitter it somehow snagged a Game of Show over GAF darlings The Witcher and FROMsoft.

It's a good move to put it as far away from COD and Destiny as possible, despite that it is going to be near Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3, and The Order 1886.

Flarin

The current gen only games list for 2014 continues to shrink. Here's what I have. Am I missing anything?

AC Unity
Sunset Overdrive
Halo Collection
Drive Club
The Crew
Lords of the Fallen

Spy

I'm fine with this, too many games coming out in the fall. Q1 2015 is looking pretty solid now...

Battlefield: Hardline
Bloodbourne
Dying Light
Evolve
The Order: 1886
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

HAHAHAHAHA. What a fucked up generation this is.

Besides Destiny, this was literally the only other AAA game I was remotely interested in this year.

EDIT: Also, delayed 4 months. Likely to still have Day 1 Paid DLC.

Enh, this happens every single year. The only thing different is new consoles are out this year.

I'm fine with this, especially considering Smash 3DS, Civ, Bayonetta 2, Assassin's Creed and WWE 2K15 is during this month. Saves me $60 for Christmas as well and now I know I'll have a fun MP experience in Evolve and Witcher 3 for solo stuff come February.

RiggyRob

Just this, The Witcher 3 and The Order 1886 I think?

Batman Arkham Knight and Battlefield Hardline are Q1 I think? The Division has no date... what else got delayed?

+ Dying Light mentioned above.

That's ridiculous, there's no way all of those are coming out in a single non-holiday month. Bets on what'll get delayed further?

FTF

Those who think this gen will have a (sizably) shorter life span than PS360 are crazy...it'll be 2020 before PS5 and new Xbox.

IKizzLE

Everyone keeps saying 2015 is stacked until
Battlefront 3
Siege or the division
Uncharted 4
And halo 5

Are all 2016.

Better Evolve than GTA V.

Because you see, I need GTA V as soon as possible. So, stick with fall, Rockstar :)
Also, how do game companies expect us as consumers to buy all these fucking games in 2015 holy shit

Edit:

Everyone keeps saying 2015 is stacked until
Battlefront 3
Siege or the division
Uncharted 4
And halo 5

Are all 2016.

Delicious

Top Bottom