• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve |OT| Leaving Monsters 4 Dead

Mr Croft

Yea it is pretty bad. It seems every single patch it's some crazy hunter nerf while the monster gets some side buff it didn't need. It is a ready kinda hard to beat a good monster when you are in tournament play lol. Already nerfed sunny and slim to the ground and they have barely been out... Like sunny whole kit is gone. Less damage from nukes less health for drone less boost from jetpack. Like cmon cut me a break. Literally you have to run old school hunters to win. Nerf slim to the ground and make the only viable medic caira yet again. Sadness....

How can I tell if my mastery upgrades from the app are working in game? I maxed out all of Val on the phone app and just played some games as her and I don't see anything indicating the bonus even though my game and phone are linked to the same account

Nori Chan

How can I tell if my mastery upgrades from the app are working in game? I maxed out all of Val on the phone app and just played some games as her and I don't see anything indicating the bonus even though my game and phone are linked to the same account

It adds 50% of the total. Like say you need 100 headshot targets, it'll give you 50 out of 100.

It adds 50% of the total. Like say you need 100 headshot targets, it'll give you 50 out of 100.

ahhh I'll look at it better that time. It must be why my Val ranked up to rank 2 in all 3 weapons in 1 game though. Oh and fuck solo player with bots, they're so bad I can barely win any games =\ Back to online mode.

Broken Hill Foundry is really vertical, definitely seems like you need jetpack perks if you want to be able to even find the monster in domes. Else they'll just climb between the different levels and keep away from you. Harpoons can be super useful here too.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Yea it is pretty bad. It seems every single patch it's some crazy hunter nerf while the monster gets some side buff it didn't need. It is a ready kinda hard to beat a good monster when you are in tournament play lol. Already nerfed sunny and slim to the ground and they have barely been out... Like sunny whole kit is gone. Less damage from nukes less health for drone less boost from jetpack. Like cmon cut me a break. Literally you have to run old school hunters to win. Nerf slim to the ground and make the only viable medic caira yet again. Sadness....

And in this new micro patch the bug is still present....¡but is more important nerf the hunters!

Seems they're doing these every two weeks. There's an Arctic Val challenge this weekend.
Thanks!

Parnell's Super Soldier is currently bugged so that it doesn't actually go into effect if you are being healed by Slim's bug.

fNF578I.png

Fucking so glad Sunny is nerfed, even if only a little. Her kit is the only thing that gives me trouble as a Goliath user. Her ability to boost trappers and assault all over the map makes her broken as fuck in the hands of a competent team.

Yet to run into a Slim after the patch. I hope his bullshit spore cloud is weaker. I love how TRS says it's supposed to stop you from smelling hunters but it's actually an AOE cloak that makes hunters virtually invisible whether you're smelling or not.

Mr Croft

It is really making it hard to choose other hunters to play because they catch a nerf as soon a monster match gets a little hard lol. It really takes away our options in tournament play.

Fucking so glad Sunny is nerfed, even if only a little. Her kit is the only thing that gives me trouble as a Goliath user. Her ability to boost trappers and assault all over the map makes her broken as fuck in the hands of a competent team.

Yet to run into a Slim after the patch. I hope his bullshit spore cloud is weaker. I love how TRS says it's supposed to stop you from smelling hunters but it's actually an AOE cloak that makes hunters virtually invisible whether you're smelling or not.

Those hunters were not that good man. They nerfed sunny damage, drones and boosters now. Damn at this point I'd rather run bucket (kidding she isn't that bad). At least medics had some kind of choice to play someone other then caira and now we don't. Slim was decent now he is horrible lol. Like completely useless in higher level play. Teams still run markov griffin caira and hank most of the time. That's just sad at this point. I just want to have options instead of running the same hunters because they are the only ones who can win. Like for example in the province v grounds tournament for a tie breaker you chose what side you want if you are higher seed. Then the lower team gets to ban two hunters or a monster (depending on what you pick). If they ban caira the game is literally over because no medic even comes close to sustain as caira.

I know the game is monster favor; but now it is just obvious

It is really making it hard to choose other hunters to play because they catch a nerf as soon a monster match gets a little hard lol. It really takes away our options in tournament play.

Those hunters were not that good man. They nerfed sunny damage, drones and boosters now. Damn at this point I'd rather run bucket (kidding she isn't that bad). At least medics had some kind of choice to play someone other then caira and now we don't. Slim was decent now he is horrible lol. Like completely useless in higher level play. Teams still run markov griffin caira and hank most of the time. That's just sad at this point. I just want to have options instead of running the same hunters because they are the only ones who can win. Like for example in the province v grounds tournament for a tie breaker you chose what side you want if you are higher seed. Then the lower team gets to ban two hunters or a monster (depending on what you pick). If they ban caira the game is literally over because no medic even comes close to sustain as caira.

I know the game is monster favor; but now it is just obvious

As a monster user I feel the exact opposite. With all the stamina and movement nerfs and ridiculous powered tier 4 hunters the game has seemed incredibly hunter biased. Now they have completely reworked perks and elite buffs to give the hunters a little more of an edge.

Sunny was ridiculous pretty patch and probably still is. Her kit is just too doninant. You get the shielding of Hank plus you had super damage AND out of combat she can shoot everyone all around the map at ridiculous pace. Now she is a lot more balanced.

I agree in "competitive" play you see a lot of the same teams but that's the way tournaments and shit work. People always go with the best character they can and try to work the most exploitable element they can to give themselves the best chance to succeed.

According to the developer's statistics the monsters still have the slight edge and are winning ~54% of the time. Sunny does seem really useful, overly so, but I don't think the new hunters were as disruptive to the overall scene as people originally thought. Torvald seemed OP as hell when he first came out and now (even before the Parnell weekend) I saw him picked just as much as the other assaults, maybe a bit more just because of his newness.

Is there an attack the wraith can do that can permanently negate Lazarus' cloak?
I've never had it happen to me before until just now.
I was using my cloak and all of a sudden the wraith attacks me and it suddenly disappears and the timer continues to count down on my item...

patchday

How do we download the new maps on PS4? Far as I can tell my ps4 is not autodownloading the new environments :(

[edit] figured it out, ps4 autodownloaded them yet it wasn't listed under "Notifications". man this thread so dead guess most folks just post on official

It's so ridiculous that this game doesn't tie into Steam's player list so you can't easily add people. It's already a niche community and then they make it even harder to find the people you are playing with. It definitely ties into Steamworks though as it drops when Steam friends service etc does, it just doesn't hook into that part of it.

Completely stupid in a game based around teamwork as much as this.

q_q

It's so ridiculous that this game doesn't tie into Steam's player list so you can't easily add people. It's already a niche community and then they make it even harder to find the people you are playing with. It definitely ties into Steamworks though as it drops when Steam friends service etc does, it just doesn't hook into that part of it.

Completely stupid in a game based around teamwork as much as this.
Yeah i think its just a result of the greed of the publisher in this case. Theyre not gonna put in any extra effort or funding unless it brings them direct profit. Such a shame because it really is a great game, could be amazing with more support and a more respectable business plan.

patchday

Game really does have way too much extra addons in the store. Heaven forbid if you're actually trying to find something you want to purchase. You have to wade through a ton of skins and crap

But thats pretty much my only complaint bout the game which is sort of minor. I always have fun when I play. It just feels like a well intentioned game that is too far ahead of its time. I don't think the average player will have the patience to learn how to track down the beasts and properly master the mechanics. Honestly I think I've just recently figured out how to play the game properly after playing the Trapper class offline to practice.

So if game ever sticks me in that role online I should be kind of helpful.

I will never understand how stupid they had to be to put Wraith in this game. Such an unfun Monster to fight. Can blast away from a dome when you throw it from right on top of it, constantly run inside domes and moves faster than normal players can aim at so you don't even get good damage in (unless they are spamming the autoaim button using a controller). It's a frustrating mess in both aspects of this game, hunting and fighting.

They should have flagged it to only be selectable vs premades or something, because there is no way in hell it was balanced against your average pubbie team who can barely coordinate enough to trap a Behemoth let alone a Wraith that is using all its traversals and skills to get around.

Wraith isn't as bad as it used to be, at least. I've had better luck against it recently but it's still the least fun monster to play against.

Besides, more fun being the monster anyway. Hunters are delicious.

Ok...so....am I just missing something here?

I was playing the other day. Against the Wraith. Not complaining about it being too hard, because when I play there is about a 40% win percentage against it, but I really like the challenge. Anyhoo. Each time I went against the Wraith and lost my health, instead of going down, I died outright. First fight against level 1, I was the lone person that died. 2 minutes passed, and I dropped in to the middle of a battle against a level 3 Wraith. Same thing. I landed, and 7 seconds later I was dead. Just dead. I didn't go to a down but not out phase.

I don't remember seeing this covered in training, or elsewhere, so please tell me I am just doing something stupid somehow, or neglecting something?

patchday

what the heck! Just got a chance to logon to find out White Lotus beat us again (I'm in Lin Kuei). This time I actually put in work too and contributed 1,000 WP

edit - (Sorry wrong thread)

This weekend's event is Lazarus vs Kraken!

I don't play either of these but I'll still jump in for the good weekend numbers. It'll be interesting for sure, I think Kraken will win as on average the Lazs I see online aren't very good. Not playing one myself I think the main reason is they rush in too quickly to go for the revive, when really they have a huge amount of time (40 seconds or so?) to wait to do it. The times I have played with a good coordinated Laz it has been absolutely devastating for the monster if he just sits back and pegs it with weak points while just the threat of a Laz revive keeps the Monster pinned to the body while the rest of the team does massive damage.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
This weekend's event is Lazarus vs Kraken!

I don't play either of these but I'll still jump in for the good weekend numbers. It'll be interesting for sure, I think Kraken will win as on average the Lazs I see online aren't very good. Not playing one myself I think the main reason is they rush in too quickly to go for the revive, when really they have a huge amount of time (40 seconds or so?) to wait to do it. The times I have played with a good coordinated Laz it has been absolutely devastating for the monster if he just sits back and pegs it with weak points while just the threat of a Laz revive keeps the Monster pinned to the body while the rest of the team does massive damage.

I always liked it lazarus and with all the nerfing in the other characters i like it more now.

tok9

I just find medics in general to not play particularly well which is why I usually set up as a medic if I'm in a random lobby.

So a developer posted some stuff that gives us some insight into how the console populations are doing since we know PC numbers aren't that great..

For the past week the Kraken v Laz breakdown (with no other filters, so not adjusted for skill, bots etc) has been PC: 53.2% XB1: 54.2% PS4: 55.5% in favor of Kraken. However, it's worth noting that this is a pretty rare matchup on PC (only 237 rounds of this matchup in this sample compared to 3740 on XB1 and 6167 on PS4). In fact, that difference in preferences is interest by itself (European meta maybe likes Laz more? Something else to look into.). So a little difference, but not enough to rule out just statistical noise.

vazel

Banned
Why would being on PC make him shit?
Maybe the PC scene has a better developed meta where Lazarus is often seen as a weak link in hunter compositions? Or maybe there are more bad monster players on console that don't know how to effectively counter Lazarus which has made Lazarus viable on console?

How the hell do you level to 30 on the phone app? Trying to level the first group to 30 but none of their missions give any decent amount of experience...

patchday

Laz gets XP by letting teammates die. That right there makes him untrustworthy :)

I followed some video to rank up Laz in offline rescue mode. Just had to pick another trapper besides Mag/Daisy so daisy wouldn't steal all the rezzes.

I usually play Assault online because I noticed someone always wants to play the medic So took all this time to rank up my medics to stage 3. Plus, I don't play Evolve a whole lot.

tok9

Why not?

I was only able to play one game with the match up and I won as Kraken.

Do people really not like Lazarus? For me he's the best medic.

Why not?

I was only able to play one game with the match up and I won as Kraken.

Do people really not like Lazarus? For me he's the best medic.

I think he just requires more team coordination to be pulled off correctly, compared to any of the other medics with their active healing. With Laz it feels like the team has to have a preset gameplan of knowing to punish the monster camping a body and not to expect good healing in a fight, which I rarely see in pubs. I'm actually starting to think Abe is the same way for the trapper class, a character that's very strong in one unique area but requires more help from the rest of the team in others.

Also the bodies falling through the ground bug pretty much cripples Laz entirely and that still isn't fixed.

Top Bottom