• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve's ‘Big Alpha’ test available worldwide from October 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
A firmware update breaking the alpha? :(
Really looked forward to this and now I can't play.
Sadly, I would blame turtle rock, but if Sony can't even get sleep mode to work right, I totally believe the devs on this one. Update 2.0 is a cluster. Thank god I went with the alpha on xbone. Even running the preview os build, I've had now issues with the xbox alpha.

Skyzard

Banned
So you just started matchmaking like usual and it eventually set one of you as the monster?

I just started like normal yes, came back to PC and saw Conker was in the queue (previous time was messofanego), once the countdown finished, it made one of us the monster. Then alternated on the next round. Messofanego actually joined mid-game as well.

It also crashed for me on the second round when I called in the air strike as support.

Onlythisfar41

Neo Member
This game took me a while to get into but once I did I started to fucking love it.

First couple of matches are definitely going to put some people off, especially as the Monster because if you don't know what you're doing you're going to die quickly and it won't be any fun. By the same token, when you're a hunter and facing a monster who has no idea what they're doing its not much fun either to just destroy them in 3 minutes.

Once I learned that crouching, therefore hiding your tracks, while playing the Monster is your best friend so you can feed the game became great. I almost always level up to 3 and that leads to amazing interactions where I have won a bunch of games, destroyed the relay a few times and some even better matches where the hunters finally took me out even at level 3.

Gestault

Once I learned that crouching, therefore hiding your tracks, while playing the Monster is your best friend so you can feed the game became great. I almost always level up to 3 and that leads to amazing interactions where I have won a bunch of games, destroyed the relay a few times and some even better matches where the hunters finally took me out even at level 3.

I'm really glad to hear that's useful. I saw the "Press B to Sneak" come up during that initial tutorial and I assumed it would be pointless most of the time. I then proceeded to get utterly rocked.

Firebrand

Anyone been able to find a game on the PC version yet? Saw the announcement about matchmaking issues, and yeah, I had it searching for a long while without any luck.

yeah sorry but i'm having a hard time believing the 2.0 excuse either. the game is having networking/match-finding problems on X1 and PC, and no other previously released title's online has been affected by 2.0

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So wtf is going on, is this shit working now on PC or not?

they better expand this alpha. This is a fucking joke.

Finally got to use the monster (via taking over a bot) only for the bot to have somehow fallen a million miles below the playable area. What a bummer.

Hunting is a drag, and Evolve is a bore.

So wtf is going on, is this shit working now on PC or not?

they better expand this alpha. This is a fucking joke.

I keep getting a connection failed error when it tries to actually start the match, and the others i've gotten matched with seem to have the same issue.

Syn1102

Neo Member
If you join with 4 people into a lobby and wait 10 minutes for a monster player, you can continue playing as long as you want :)!

GoodlifeX

Just played 3 matches of this. I have been super bored with this experience so far. I just don't find running around for large intervals of time not doing anything fun at all. I hope they add something that encourages the monster to attack more often.

Rembrandt

Banned
Just played 3 matches of this. I have been super bored with this experience so far. I just don't find running around for large intervals of time not doing anything fun at all. I hope they add something that encourages the monster to attack more often.

Having good trappers or whatever help so much. The monster will try to be on his defensive and run, but if you can harpoon him constantly and throw down those bubble shields whenever you contact him, they'll play aggressive. No point in the monster hunting you down before level 3 because it's way too easy to destroy them if all four of you are attacking.

KJ869

Okay wtf is with this idiotic design decisions of not having text chat on PC? Realy? You realy want to fuck up every european? The developers clearly havent played any voice chat game on european servers when you are trying to understand very diffrent bad english accents. With text, theres no problems like that not even when you find yourself on server full of drunk germans and russians yelling.

-Deimos

Okay wtf is with this idiotic design decisions of not having text chat on PC? Realy? You realy want to fuck up every european? The developers clearly havent played any voice chat game on european servers when you are trying to understand very diffrent bad english accents. With text, theres no problems like that not even when you find yourself on server full of drunk germans and russians yelling.

There is text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom