• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve's ‘Big Alpha’ test available worldwide from October 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay wtf is with this idiotic design decisions of not having text chat on PC? Realy? You realy want to fuck up every european? The developers clearly havent played any voice chat game on european servers when you are trying to understand very diffrent bad english accents. With text, theres no problems like that not even when you find yourself on server full of drunk germans and russians yelling.

Press enter.

And the game would need a voice command system like Tribes or Smite, btw. I don't know why so few games do it.

Probably think they can take on the humans at the start instead of feeding to evolve.

It is fairly easy to take down the monster at the start if people play their roles properly.

The problem from what I've seen is they don't put enough distance from the hunters before starting to eat animals. They don't notice how the hunter landing position is somewhat close to the monster, always, so the first 30 seconds should be running away. After, using a bit of stealth or jumping to try to don't leave footsteps in the trail the hunters are following, then, it's when you can start to feed.

MrBig

Beaten a monster in 1:57 seconds. Why people are so bad with it?

It takes skill, and there are many new players that weren't around for the first alpha. I wasn't confident with the monster until I had played with it for the third time, and that was after playing dozens of games as the hunters. It's also very possible that people get dropped into playing as the monster for their first game.

KJ869

Beaten a monster in 1:57 seconds. Why people are so bad with it?

Because it might be new player dropping in midd play to replace disconnected player. First time ever playing and then getting stuck to the enviroment. Hapenned my first time. died 30 seconds in to the game for my self and 2 minutes in to the map

I can get a match pretty easily now. Ever since that update. ..Oh I see, there's too many people and all the servers are full. I bet its because you can just keep playing with the same people, so why leave?

Roldan

I was watching a friend playing it on the Xbox, and I couldn't help but feel that the monster is kinda underpowered. Is it just me?

Bollocks

Watched a stream, am I the only one who thinks this game sucks?

It looks like a mod(not graphically), definitely not worth full price, $10 at best.
Also it looks unbalanced as shit, I still don't see the main draw of the game, ever since they unveiled it.

load time are a joke

Navid

For those who have had a chance to play this, is it true that you can't have a 5 person party/group playing in a match with your friends being both the hunters and the monster?

Edit:
Well, that's really disappointing... hopefully something they will add to the game, otherwise that'll be a big part of the games appeal gone for me. :(

So how is everybody feeling on the optimization of the alpha for PC?

I'm getting a stable 60fps with a few drops down to 45-55 from time to time but its not too bad. When the match begins while in the plane im geting a stable 45 but hits a locked 60 after I hit the ground. My settings are very high with tessellation on and AA at SMAA-T2. I have a i5-3570k @ 4.2 and a GTX 680 OC 4gig.

Xyber

Looks solid on PC, there are some effects there that aren't on the xb1 version I think (the water ripples off of players, even though it doesn't look that good). The sniper rifle is important as the healer class because it creates critical hit spots on the monster.

Yeah, I should have used the sniper more. But I didn't like how much it zoomed in, so it was hard to get a good shot at medium range.

Larogue

I've been waiting forever to play my first match on XB1. What is the average match wait time?

edit1: 15min waiting and no game yet.
edit2: 30min, half freaking hour and no game.

bbd23

Matchmaking is working but because of this 8 player thing I still can't get into a game...

Better today than launch day I guess.

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

so weird.

also seems this will have a just as terrible community as left 4 dead with people on mics being racist and yelling curse words. awesome.

Noobcraft

I've been waiting forever to play my first match on XB1. What is the average match wait time?

edit1: 15min waiting and no game yet.
edit2: 30min, half freaking hour and no game.
Back out and try again. I've had that happen to me but if you don't mind a match in a minute or two back out and try again.

Dang. I thought the PS4 alpha was only gonna be delayed by a few hours. But now that I've gotten a chance to read the post on their site, it makes me think the postponement might last for the entirety of the weekend's test and that they'll just hold another test later on down the line. :(

Playing on PC, first impression: those load times, LOL. The final game can't have 4 big load screens after each other, ridiculous. Matchmaking is awful, had to wait 5 minutes on my first match. Getting to play the game takes so fucking long. Gameplay is fun and hunting the monster is satisfying. My GTX670/3570k can't run the alpha on high, getting dips to 15-20fps.

Rembrandt

Banned
Dang. I thought the PS4 alpha was only gonna be delayed by a few hours. But now that I've gotten a chance to read the post on their site, it makes me think the postponement might last for the entirety of the weekend's test and that they'll just hold another test later on down the line. :(

I'm thinking they'll just make the alpha longer because it's been having issues across the board.

JuxJuxJux

also seems this will have a just as terrible community as left 4 dead with people on mics being racist and yelling curse words. awesome.

Was surprised at this, too. I guess it's been a while since I've played a shooter online, but damn. I wish the mute function worked more reliably.

It's a pretty fun game. Still have half the classes and the monster(s) to try. Kind of miss the pacing that was in L4D. Yep.

Just played a game where the monster was sat still on a cliff for 15 minutes, no AI take over, no boot.

Like, come on?

They need to add some sort of starvation bar for the monster.

Special C

I'm not having any issues finding games on Xbox One. Occasionally the matchmaking with stall out and not find anyone but I just back out and re-search and it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom