• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex Blizzard Employee Leak : First person Diablo IV, Overwatch 2 is shaping badly, RTS genre is dead and more

Caffeine

XfsYjcD.jpg

dirthead

Banned
Blizzard was dead to me 10 years ago. Same with Bioware. Any game from these devs were gold.

Diablo 3 has never been good.

Blizzard is not capable of making a Diablo 4. It will be a hot mess.

Simulation, RTS, MMO is dead. Becasue console games only matter and these are M&K games.

To me gaming has been dead for 10+ years. Sure you can find a game here and there.

I am glade I got to play games as a kid and enjoy games for 20 years.

My gaming tombstone says.

Rip good video games
1990- 2010.

You're basically right but gaming, for the most part, died way before that. Resident Evil 4, the original World of Warcraft, and Demons Souls and Dark Souls were basically the last real games chronologically. Everything else has just been another redundant cash grab or indie trash.

Arcades died even earlier. The last true arcade game was Metal Slug 3 (2000).

The golden age of gaming was like 1989 through 1998. That was the sweet spot where technology was advanced enough to make non trivial stuff but games could still be made by a few cool people in a garage. It just got too big, and like any big business, suits were inevitably going to step in and ruin it.

VertigoOA

Banned
And it’s all true...

I don’t see this all as horrible news at all tho. Let’s see how it turns out. Game development is always full of difficulties but that’s just part and parcel for it all IMO

activison may piss a lot of people off for whatever reasons but they have a solid track record as a publisher of some great software even if most of it isn’t for me.

I’d be interested in a first-person tomorrow.

I mean.... I thought they’ve were going to ruin Metroid when Prime was first revealed and made by Texans ... and it ended up being a very worthy trilogy of games in the series and the best games Nintendo has published in the last 15 years.

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
RTS isn't dead! I'm sure that EA would make a killing with a new conventional C&C game. Even Blizzard could pump out a Warcraft4 or Starcraft3 and sell tens of millions.

TheContact

If anyone could bring back the RTS it would be Blizzard. But, due to the nature of how complicated RTS games are to master, they'll never rise to the level of some other esports genres like FPS or MOBAs.

Top Bottom