• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-STALKER devs want to kickstart its "definitive spiritual successor", named Areal

okiemok

Almost $60,000 now, meaning they got $20k+ in a the span of 3 hours after being stuck in the $30,000s for weeks.

Edit: Now back to $49k

and they did not really gain any users on it. I would be surprised if KS allows this to continue.

The spam war going on there is fierce.

Hahahah, did it really just jump like, $25000 in the last 12 hours? Because it had been sitting going back and forth around 35-36 for sometime. Do they think people believe this?

Munin

KS has to shut this down now, especially given the comment spam that could be considered an attack on their systems.

The question is why not any journalist have contacted kickstarter about this? If just RPS, Kotaku or someone else tries to get an official response about why they are allowing this project to go, then it will most likely be shutdown immediately.

Hahahah, did it really just jump like, $25000 in the last 12 hours? Because it had been sitting going back and forth around 35-36 for sometime. Do they think people believe this?

They did.

In fact, they've made 11k today despite losing 7 backers

NjhDoA1.png

So that's 22k in two days with only 2 new people backing

Jackpot

Banned
Would be one way of guaranteeing they get the few thousand dollars in donations. If they make the donations to put it over $50,000 with an account not explicitly linked to their Kickstarter details it's not like they're losing that money.

Sentenza

Holy shit shit shit.

They literally just scammed a bunch of people out of money and are going to get away with it.
At this point I'm almost starting to think those people deserve it. It's not like there wasn't an overabundance of red flags about this from the beginning.
You know what they say about fools and their money, right?
It will be a valuable lesson.

I reported the kickstarter (i ordiingally did not because I never thought it would make it), but now I can only hope more people do.

I would ask of everyone here to, regardless of "buyer beware."

Kickstarter needs a cleaning with help from the community obviously.

To be fair, if anyone wants to back this, even though it looks totally fake and has many many unanswered questions, then really I don't have any sympathy for them at all.

The amount of spamming in the kickstarter comments section is pretty annoying also....

Sentenza

"Stop trolls discrediting Areal"

*spams the shit out of the comment section
Yesterday there was another username spamming more or less the same crap.
I'm not even sure what point they are trying to make with those screenshots and profile links.
I guess being critical of the project automatically qualifies these persons as trolls.

okiemok

Buried deep under the spam, in a "mini update" to declare he was not the owner of an account named after him, the project creator responded directly to a comment from one of the angry pledgers. (This will be in update #23, 1st and 4th comment from the beginning.)

comment said:
Answer what these American media reports are saying about you:
<snip>

Project Creator Account said:
They have all been answered numerous times via updates and other means. The fact is that some people choose to ignore that and still post subjective and hate filled rants about us. You list the most negative articles, and conveniently don't mention polygon, pc games n, gamers hell and many others who wrote objectively about us.

Looks like he is delusional to the end.

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/1577656602/comments

Past 60K now

And this is just hilarious:
DEAR GUYS, I WANT TO DRAW YOUR ATTENTION ON THE FACT I`M POSTING ONLY HERE AND HAVEN`T PARTICIPATED AS WELL AS WON`T TAKE PART IN ANY OTHER CHATS OR COMMENT WALLS!!!

I LOVE TROLLS, BUT ONLY IN FAIRY TALES. HERE WE FACE ANOTHER KIND OF TROLLS – INTERNET INSURGENTS! YOU CAN HELP THE COMMUNITY OF GAME`S PLAYERS TO GET RID OF THESE UGLY TROLLS! JUST SHARE THIS POST AND EVERYONE WILL BE GRATEFUL TO YOU!
TROLL`S INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
x's infinity

Lol

Stuff like this gives Kickstarter a bad name. And don't even get me started on the Confederate Express fiasco. I've backed eight games so far and except for Confederate Express, each one has seen consistent progress and regular updates from devs. Hell, Rain World gets daily updates over on TIGForum. Catacomb Kids is on Alpha 3, dev is super active. Four Sided Fantasy, Olympia Rising, Heart & Slash, SuperHOT, Hyper Light Drifter...I trust these devs, they keep their backers informed

I'm not ready to jump on the scam bandwagon with Confederate Express just yet, mainly because I'm still in denial mode and ConEx looked awesome, but I am disappointed and annoyed and frustrated. I maintain the 2014 Kickstarter thread, I've seen that it works, that it's an incredibly helpful avenue for developers, and then these things happens. My rule is that I only back projects that 1) show actual gameplay or 2) that I have been following and know about before the Kickstarter. Death's Gambit, Gamma Void, Seaworthy, and Super III are all promising upcoming campaigns I plan on backing

JDSN

Banned
Thats 1040 (minus the two people that people from Areal that broke the funding line to cash in) folks that deserve getting their money taken.

I'm not ready to jump on the scam bandwagon with Confederate Express just yet, mainly because I'm still in denial mode and ConEx looked awesome, but I am disappointed and annoyed and frustrated. I maintain the 2014 Kickstarter thread, I've seen that it works, that it's an incredibly helpful avenue for developers, and then these things happens. My rule is that I only back projects that 1) show actual gameplay or 2) that I have been following and know about before the Kickstarter. Death's Gambit, Gamma Void, Seaworthy, Super III, etc.

Dont worry, the Confederate Express devs have already jumped to conclusion and started to attack their fanbase:
h5avgoI.png

Horp

Kickstarter should stop this. I mean, yes they are getting money, but their reputation should be way more important. You would think that crowdfunding as a concept relies heavily on word of mouth.

The strangeness of this kickstarter knows no bounds.

Well it's also possible someone upped their pledge only to pull out before the deadline. We'll know in four days.
Its gonna be funny when they realize they cant pull the pledge is it defunds the project.
Oh right, I forgot that's a thing.

Just wondering, when you pledge crazy amounts like $10,000 to a kickstarter is there any kind of verification that you can actually pay it?

Septimius

The Putin-letter just reminds me of a toddler making a bigger lie to get out of a small one.

"No, a raccoon came in and it.. it stole two cookies from the jar"

okiemok

Looks like some of the anti-Areal types (do we call them the Unreal?) have found some links of the spamming and Putin letter back to West Games. someone used the facebook account to do the spamming (probably accidentally).

Of course it is all coincidence, but do you believe in those with this group?

http://www.reddit.com/r/ArealRumors/comments/2b8ul5/west_games_dropping_the_pretense_condoning/

Can't believe there is still 2 full days of entertainment left on this project.

Amir0x

Banned
man some of these Kickstarter campaigns are just soap operas the entire time. more fun reading about the campaign than playing any product that actually comes out of it

Ah well, as long as my Night in the Woods comes out <3

BPoole

Looks like some of the anti-Areal types (do we call them the Unreal?) have found some links of the spamming and Putin letter back to West Games. someone used the facebook account to do the spamming (probably accidentally).

Of course it is all coincidence, but do you believe in those with this group?

http://www.reddit.com/r/ArealRumors/comments/2b8ul5/west_games_dropping_the_pretense_condoning/

Can't believe there is still 2 full days of entertainment left on this project.
It's alarming how badly I want Kickstarted to pull the plug on this shit show. Projects like this, the Yogscast fiasco, and the potato salad hurt the legitimacy of KS and make me think twice before backing anything. They may make money from these projects, but in the long run it is going lose them money since it will make people not want to back future projects, even if they are legitimate.

Top Bottom