• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Examples of Western Dating Sims

Dram

Looking for examples of games that focus just on dating, not rpgs with dating elements in them.

Here's what I have so far.
AJk9AhJ.jpg
LvuiYFp.jpg

n05Ab1k.jpg

Superflat

Mass Effect maybe?

Actually, absolutely Mass Effect. lol

edit: read OP :[
I guess Katawa Shoujo, even though it's very much based on Japanese visual novels.

Xander51

I never thought I would see mention of McKenzie and Company on GAF. RIP American Laser Games.

The Sims has dating sim elements to it, though it's pretty basic.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Haha, McKenzie and Co.

Probably the first American "otomege"... complete with FMV. It's too bad no one has really done a LP of it on youtube. Well, not in the year or so since I checked anyway.

Oh yeah, every modern game made by:
vlMoM9n.jpg

Hexa

Wow, I have never heard of any of those, and none of the responses so far have overlapped with any of these.

That's way more than I thought, but I can see the number still being relatively small. If you open it up to Western visual novels, the number might only increase by the smallest amount.

There are a crap-ton of Western visual novels, though most are low budget.
If you include all VNs that have romance, it would increase a good amount. You get good stuff like Katawa Shoujo that way too.
And some stuff that I never knew was originally in English until just now. o_O

Surprising how many Otome games there are though. xD

There was a DS relationship game that I think was western-made. Can't for the life of me remember the name; I only saw a review for it in EGM, I believe. I think it was one word, something with a double-meaning that sounded risque.

randomkid

There was a DS relationship game that I think was western-made. Can't for the life of me remember the name; I only saw a review for it in EGM, I believe. I think it was one word, something with a double-meaning that sounded risque.

You're not thinking of the one that's right there in the OP are you?

I remember picking it up for $5 brand new at Target. Nice animation, kinda garbage everything else.

Top Bottom