• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Excellent Bioshock Infinite Cosplay

SalsaShark said:
sure not, if those boobs were ivy-sized i think everyone would be on my side, lol.

Again, game design =/= life, every thing about character design has a meaning and reason behind it. This is an important character, they just dont give her big boobs and a low-cut shirt "just because", everything about the boobs and their size is completely intentional and meaning to catch your eyes. What the game is yet to prove is if there's a reason for that relating to her character and story.

There has to be meaning behind a young lady with a low cut blouse now? 90% of the chicks on my block wear racier shit than that to go jogging, is there some deep-seeded social commentary in there? She's a damsel in distress, most people would care less about her if she was an uggo, that's really all there is to it. Her outfit matches the general aesthetic that they're going for.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
If I'm gonna pay $60 to rescue some broad she better have nice tits. It's just common sense.

JDSN

Banned
Shame about the character design, gaming is hurting for strong female characters and this so-called revolutionary sophisticated sequel that is not a sequel gave us this, for the lack of a better term, "waifu".

Edit: Oh yeah, awesome eyes.

domlolz

Banned
[Nintex] said:

Yeah concept art and character art is all "eh, fuck it, whatever works"

Those of you misconstruing Salsa's argument as saying that big breasts are inherently bad for trying to portray a serious female character are missing that these characters are usually designed by men and most of the time for men which certainly diminishes whatever empowering aspect it may have had. Although the designer could of been a woman and even then the designs are going to be ok'd by the men in charge.
Yes there is nothing wrong in presenting a woman of any (realistic) shape and size but the intention behind the design is what Salsa Shark is getting at but I think Ken Levine has certainly earned the benefit of the doubt here.

Certainly on first impression the character does seem to be crafted to appeal to male pleasing aesthetics but I guess without playing the game we won't know if that is true.

Chinner said:
lets be honest, and i'm not going to be harsh to you because this applies to me, but if she ever met us she would just look straight through us for the men we are - emtpy, devoid and lacking any interesting quality. it'd be better for her to go out with someone who she actually liked and who is interesting than go out with us.

we're never going to be happy, take a lesson from me and don't get stuck in a dream.

Where the hell did this come from?

Dyno

SalsaShark said:
We get it, she's the pretty one, now make it classy instead of screaming for fan made hentai.

And here we come to it. I'm lasse faire when it comes to boobs. I don't mind having them in a game, there everywhere else in life so why not? But you know that because she was drawn the way she was, that she is going to be fodder for deviant art and the like. She'll be taking on two, even three horse cocks and it will wind up going around the internet. It's just the way of things. Maybe it can't be avoided but in this case it looks like the artist is courting it.

Ezalc

Victorian corsets or as I like to call them ye olde wonder bras. The woman is insanely cute though. Are her eyes actually blue or is using colored contacts I can't really tell from the pictures.

EDIT: What the fuck Kev? How do the two even look similar?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Ezalc said:
Victorian corsets or as I like to call them ye olde wonder bras. The woman is insanely cute though. Are her eyes actually blue or is using colored contacts I can't really tell from the pictures.

EDIT: What the fuck Kev? How do the two even look similar?
Its the eyes.

bengraven

She looks really hot now. I like the 19 year old version of her over the 15 year old version. It wasn't even a factor of "she makes me feel creepy by looking at her", but instead a "she looks like a doll on the body of a human woman".

y2dvd

Wait, was there actually a debate on whether the digital character more desirable than the cosplayer? WTF?!

bengraven said:
She looks really hot now. I like the 19 year old version of her over the 15 year old version. It wasn't even a factor of "she makes me feel creepy by looking at her", but instead a "she looks like a doll on the body of a human woman".

According to the backstory I doubt she gets to pick out her own clothes anyway.

So the thought of her as some type of doll for whomever has control of her is probably very close to the mark.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
By the Gods, I am so hyped for this. The cosplay made me rewatch that trailer... one of the greatest trailers I've ever seen.

StuBurns

Banned
If I was casting her for a film, I'd want this woman:

Marley-Shelton-marley-shelton-blonde-death-proof-grindhouse-actress-ff3b188afe_big.jpg

Marley Shelton

Kinyou

Jenga said:
i wish corsets were popular again
Those things were dangerous. Apparently were women always fainting back in the day when something shocking happened because they could barely catch enough breath.

fainting2.jpg

csl1513l.jpg

Jenga

Banned
Kinyou said:
Those things were dangerous. Apparently were women always fainting back in the day because they could barely catch enough breath.
sounds like the perfect ice breaker

I'm surprised to see so many people ragging on that dude for raising his concerns over the character's appearance. There's a difference between a female character being well-endowed, and her wearing a corset that's just covering her nipples. I mean, have you seen the gameplay for this? She's sprinting all over the damn place in a restrictive corset and dress. It just makes her seem retarded.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Why do female characters' chest sizes always get a whole bunch of negative comments if they are large? Plenty of girls out there with big boobs. Not that I really care about the Bioshock franchise, but it's just annoying to see people complain about excessive sexualization in the video game industry - many male characters in games have ridiculous muscles and are overly gruff.

Girl is very cute too, I love pale skin and blue eyes.

aeolist

Banned
I'm with Salsashark. Skyoshock looks great and I'll buy it day one but that kind of character design is embarrassing and one of kind of things I like least about playing video games.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Man that Cosplay girl is pretty good looking, that dress must not have been cheap to make. I wonder if she is taken already....

Not that i would have any chance :(

Edit: Looking at her deviant art page i notice she's a veterinarian from Russia, Mosсow. That's interesting.

Top Bottom