• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EXCLUSIVE: Afro Republican and Neogaf site owner attacked by Sensitive emotional Journalist and followers on twitter.

Norse

People say they watch movies on their cellphones but all my DVDs are too large to fit into any of my phone's slots! Do I need to buy an external DVD drive to plug into the charging port or am I missing something? Google searches haven't been very helpful so I hope someone writes a "how to" article soon.

Ar¢tos

I wonder if everybody at GAF starts googling if xbox SAD can play VHS tapes everyday, Windows Central will write an article clarifying it?

Last edited:

Vbrasa

You never attacked him, he just took the thread super seriously. I don't understand why the masses believe a criticism is an attack. You didn't say "THIS REPORTER IS A MASSIVE IDIOT FOR SAYING THIS" it was more of a "How dumb does this reporter think people are?" Which is fine...

That being said, this whole thread title is super clickbaity in itself and doesn't make the forums look good in any way. Nobody attacked anybody. Both sides fell down, pooped themselves and started crying about it.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
That being said, this whole thread title is super clickbaity in itself and doesn't make the forums look good in any way. Nobody attacked anybody. Both sides fell down, pooped themselves and started crying about it.
An actual human, in real life, got owned by Afro_Republican and was crying about it saying "NeoGAF" was attacking him. Hahaha. What sort of psychoactive drugs do you have to be taking to bring forum trolling into real life? He had a screenshot and everything.:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
EDITED TO PROTECT PEOPLE’S DELICATE SENSIBILITIES.

I’ll just say this “journo” is a sensitive, whingey dumb fuck.

Last edited:

MC Safety

Sorry, folks. Not every article about video games is written by the hardcore and for the hardcore.

I could tell you stories about covering electronic entertainment for All You magazine.

Oh come on. We don’t need to make fun of the way he looks.

Just realize he isn’t used to criticism and isn’t conditioned on how Discussion works.

Lets not attack his appearance tho

Complete agreement here. Personal attacks, especially based on appearance, are a low form of "criticism."

Somehow, though, I doubt we'll be seeing him tweet "NeoGAF rushes to my defense" anytime soon. I'm thinking that's probably a one-way street.

...an article that answers the popular Google search "Can the Xbox One S All-Digital play discs?"

It's one of our best performing articles in recent weeks, normal ppl Google the answer to questions, and we provide them *shrug.*

And I actually think that was a good defense of the article. No idea why things had to go off the rails from there.

DonF

That was the most defensive and stupid Twitter thread I've read in a long time. Like wtf.
"Hey buddy, it's not an attack, just people talking"

"Oh my God I'm being oppressed!"

zenspider

EviLore EviLore :
So criticism involving you must be constructive, on your terms, else it's an attack and a dog whistle against journalism? Leave your insular social media thought bubble on occasion and casual conversation won't look like attack.

tenor.gif

Jez, is this the hill you want to die on? You just admitted to making articles in response to questions that are asked in google...which i can only assume that those questions are also answered in google. Making your article completely fucking pointless.

I'll say this much; either Evilore has gotten himself a PR guru or he has had a long hard think about the past few years and come out a better person on the other side.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Someone needs to make an educational video showing how to cut out the disc drive slot on the SAD to enable physical game compatibility.

somerset

The very concept of 'journalism' is a *modern* invention. What sane well-informed people think of as 'journalism' (something almost never done by people who self-identify as journalists- like those that work for mainstream media propaganda barons like Murdoch) has been done by some people across the entirety of Human History. So why did the term only come into use recently? For the answer, you have to turn to the rise of the 'newspaper' and why the newspaper has never been about real journalism or unbiased news reporting.

In the 19th century American intellectuals knew that newspapers and those that wrote for them were anything *but* honest actors. All newspapers were a political rabble rousing joke.

The con that paid 'journalism' is respectable or links to the truth was an wide act of propaganda by newspaper barons in the USA during the early part of the 20th Century- and the propaganda lie became widely accepted in the USA in the second half of the 20th century. Americans started giving 'awards' to journalists as the best tactic to get the hard-of-thinking to think journalism now 'respectable'.

Most 'journalists' have always been part of that media's *paid* advertising dept. For gaming 'journalists', this percentage is 100%. Their stories are just barely disguised PR at best.

'Respectable' outlets are far worse than the known trash ones, for 'respectable' means more fools take what they say as honest and true, when the same fools understand the 'tabloid' stuff is for entertainment. 'Respectable' just means "we employ the best liars- the ones with a proven talent of fooliong more people more of the time".

As paid journalism becomes increasingly weaponised by the most disturbed and dangerous forces in society, those paid 'journalists' become increasing more sensitive and angry at any and all legitimate criticism that calls them out. There have been times when a lot of famous journalism called for *real* social justice. Jack London, Steinbeck and Orwell are three such warriors who reached wide audiences in papers of the time. Today, it is statist rubbish who willingly shill for the giant corporations, and the combined IQ of all of them wouldn't reach that of someone like Orwell.

The worst times in recent history have all coincided with all the mainstream 'journalists' becoming statist horrors, as we are witnessing today across the West. As a 'weather vane', the state of current mainstream 'journalism' portends a disaster greater than WW2. We should all be very very scared, for this time Mankind is tooled up to a degree beyond all comprehension. The 'weirdness' of the weaponised-SJW movement is hardly unique as a tactic- it has been used again and again to disrupt unity at 'the bottom' so unified opposition to unthinkable policies, usually to do with approaching mega conflicts, can be prevented by those who really hold power at any given time.

You know if he felt like the thread was representing his site poorly, I bet if he came here and said whatever was on his mind respectfully the reaction from GAF would have been positive.

Perhaps he didn’t know how he sounded. Perhaps he didn’t know anyone would step in and call bullshit. I guess we will never know. But I’m sure GAF Staff would be willing to grant him the ability to set everything straight.

I think he is wrong about Afro attacking the site. And he is wrong about that equaling NeoGAF as a whole.

I honestly have never viewed his site, but I wouldn’t be juvenile and avoid it moving forward either.

What do you think Soto?
PeskyBronzeDogwoodtwigborer-max-1mb.gif

Soto agrees!!!

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The very concept of 'journalism' is a *modern* invention. What sane well-informed people think of as 'journalism' (something almost never done by people who self-identify as journalists- like those that work for mainstream media propaganda barons like Murdoch) has been done by some people across the entirety of Human History. So why did the term only come into use recently? For the answer, you have to turn to the rise of the 'newspaper' and why the newspaper has never been about real journalism or unbiased news reporting.

In the 19th century American intellectuals knew that newspapers and those that wrote for them were anything *but* honest actors. All newspapers were a political rabble rousing joke.

The con that paid 'journalism' is respectable or links to the truth was an wide act of propaganda by newspaper barons in the USA during the early part of the 20th Century- and the propaganda lie became widely accepted in the USA in the second half of the 20th century. Americans started giving 'awards' to journalists as the best tactic to get the hard-of-thinking to think journalism now 'respectable'.

Most 'journalists' have always been part of that media's *paid* advertising dept. For gaming 'journalists', this percentage is 100%. Their stories are just barely disguised PR at best.

'Respectable' outlets are far worse than the known trash ones, for 'respectable' means more fools take what they say as honest and true, when the same fools understand the 'tabloid' stuff is for entertainment. 'Respectable' just means "we employ the best liars- the ones with a proven talent of fooliong more people more of the time".

As paid journalism becomes increasingly weaponised by the most disturbed and dangerous forces in society, those paid 'journalists' become increasing more sensitive and angry at any and all legitimate criticism that calls them out. There have been times when a lot of famous journalism called for *real* social justice. Jack London, Steinbeck and Orwell are three such warriors who reached wide audiences in papers of the time. Today, it is statist rubbish who willingly shill for the giant corporations, and the combined IQ of all of them wouldn't reach that of someone like Orwell.

The worst times in recent history have all coincided with all the mainstream 'journalists' becoming statist horrors, as we are witnessing today across the West. As a 'weather vane', the state of current mainstream 'journalism' portends a disaster greater than WW2. We should all be very very scared, for this time Mankind is tooled up to a degree beyond all comprehension. The 'weirdness' of the weaponised-SJW movement is hardly unique as a tactic- it has been used again and again to disrupt unity at 'the bottom' so unified opposition to unthinkable policies, usually to do with approaching mega conflicts, can be prevented by those who really hold power at any given time.

They were called "bards" back in the middle day.

And one should always be cautious of the bard's tale.

All I see is fingers slapping each other. It was a pointless article, reposted in forum, talking about it’s pointless.

Idky NeoGAF thinks they are the average consumer. I know a lot of people that don’t know what an all digital console entails. A article aiming for the lowest common denominator isn’t stupid.

Top Bottom