• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive games are no longer important in selling consoles according to

Clarissa

Banned
According to my friend who is a Nintendo Fanboy who hates Sony. He made this comment when MIcrosoft decided to delay Halo Infinity. As a Sony hater, he's hoping that Xbox and Stadia destroys Sony.
So now he's saying that exclusive games don't matter. Do you agree with him?
Meanwhile he's jizzing to the fact that Nintendo has yet another exclusive game in Hyrule Warriors : Age Of Calamity.

jigglet

Banned
Everyone is different, it depends. Exclusive games absolutely sold me on the Switch, however it didn't on PS4 - all the PS4 games I play on multi-platform. However there are plenty of people that are nuts over PS4 exclusives like Spiderman etc. and they absolutely are system sellers.

Iced Arcade

Omg how can you be friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reality: COD, Madden, fortnite, Minecraft literally annihilate any and all exclusives sale wise. And those are what your general consumers go for. (Not saying exclusives don't matter)

Last edited:

Bridges

Teach your friend proper grammar and that not every sentence needs its own message.

He's wrong about most of what he says but I agree that overall exclusives matter less than they ever have. The portability of the Switch makes it appealing even without Nintendo games, that's why we're seeing third parties do so well when just a generation ago it was a surprise to see multiplats show up at all on Nintendo's side. Microsoft has a really great ecosystem with Xbox Live that has a reputation for being a superior online gaming service, plus with Game Pass and xCloud there are a lot of practical reasons to get an Xbox outside of exclusives. Sony has a crazy strong brand with Playstation, for many it's just the defacto third party machine, and other than the fumbled first half of the PS3's life it's been that way for generations.

What I'm getting at here is that there are legitimate arguments your friend could be making but because he seems to be a bit of a console warrior dolt he instead rattled off about how more PC games get ported to console?

Exclusives clearly still matter. Look at Animal Crossing or The Last of Us or all the studios Microsoft just bought, it's still a priority for everyone. Power never matters as much as people make it out to, as a Switch owner he should understand that well.

zcaa0g

Banned
The big 3 all have their issues. Sony can only make 3rd person exclusives, Nintendo's creativity is with hardware, not their games, as their bag is recycling Mario, Zelda and DK over and over again with the rare good and unique exclusive and MS just doesn't give a shit about exclusives.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Jesus fuck, random dude hates Sony. Who fucking cares? Play whatever the fuck you want and stop worrying about your friend not liking the same shit. Good god these threads are getting embarrassing.

Damn we posted more or less the same thing at the same time. Glad I'm not the only one.

Clarissa

Banned
Clarissa Clarissa , your friend has nothing better to do with his life lol
You should see our group messages. He talks about Nintendo the moment he wakes up. And just before he sleep, he talks about Nintendo. And in between that, shit talking Sony.

I'm afraid his wife isn't sharing the same bed with him anymore. He might be having his 4 switches and 1 switch lite share the bed with him while his wife sleeps in the toilet.

You should see our group messages. He talks about Nintendo the moment he wakes up. And just before he sleep, he talks about Nintendo. And in between that, shit talking Sony.

I'm afraid his wife isn't sharing the same bed with him anymore. He might be having his 4 switches and 1 switch lite share the bed with him while his wife sleeps in the toilet.
How long did you know him?

Was he always like this? Are you sure it's not Jooxed Jooxed ?

Clarissa

Banned
How long did you know him?

Was he always like this? Are you sure it's not Jooxed Jooxed ?

I've known him since 2008. He used to be very normal. Just buying games and enjoying them like the rest of us.

He started displaying signs of fanboyism when the Wii U released. Started buying Nintendo themed t-shirts and wearing them out.

But he wasn't a Sony hater yet.
When the switch was announced, it's like he got possessed by a demon and kept talking about how the Switch will destroy Sony and his behaviour has been getting worse since the release of switch.

His entire house is decked in Nintendo stuff and our friend calls his house "The Shrine Of Nintendo"

Just innocently making a remark like "This game doesn't run very well on the switch" would trigger him into a frenzy and he'll post a massive wall of text about how you're wrong and how playing on the go is far more important.

He's known as the Celestial Of Nintendo amongst our circle of friends.

oagboghi2

According to my friend who is a Nintendo Fanboy who hates Sony. He made this comment when MIcrosoft decided to delay Halo Infinity. As a Sony hater, he's hoping that Xbox and Stadia destroys Sony.
So now he's saying that exclusive games don't matter. Do you agree with him?
Meanwhile he's jizzing to the fact that Nintendo has yet another exclusive game in Hyrule Warriors : Age Of Calamity.

again with your bullshit Nintendo friend?

serious question, why are you obsessed with this company you clearly don’t like. Go play a game dude.

No its the same guy. And we can have a discussion whether or not exclusives matter.
Than just make a thread about exclusives. Why the bullshit with the fake friend? 😂

it’s so bizarre

Last edited:
titlecard_2.png

Clarissa

Banned
He also believes to this day that Monster Hunter World is a spinoff and he hates Capcom for betraying Nintendo.

He believes that Capcom is making Monster Hunter 5 for the switch exclusively. Meanwhile he still hates Capcom a lot.

Ozzie666

Then why do I keep getting a Sony and Nintendo console every generation. Even when X360 ruled the world, eventually I had to cave and buy a Playstation for exclusives. I couldn't enjoy gaming being locked down to one console, I like games that are exclusive to all of them.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It's basically the only thing of import in my mind as long as there is little other difference in the case of Xbox/PlayStation and assuming you are a PC gamer as well.

serious question, why are obsessed with this company you clearly don’t like. Go play a game dude.

Than just make a thread about exclusives. Why the bullshit with the fake friend? 😂

it’s so bizarre
Some of you lames need to get out of the thread if you don't like the OP.

Why come here and air out your grievances like OP's lame ass friend?

Clarissa

Banned

serious question, why are obsessed with this company you clearly don’t like. Go play a game dude.

it’s so bizarre

To spice up the discussion and add some humour to the thread. I love laughing. Not everything has to be serious. Console wars don't have to be serious. We can make friendly jabs at each other and get along.
If all of us have a genuine love for gaming, have a great sense of humour, then we can talk about anything and laugh at anything, including ourselves. GAF would be a better place. The world would be a better place too. =)
Learn to look at the funny side of life.

Also my friend isn't fake.

Last edited:

Aidah

Content that differentiate your platform is clearly important, and will probably continue to become even more important.

trikster40

I love how he says “long gone are the days of PS3/PS4 exclusives”. I’m, we are still in the days of PS4. Doesn’t quite fit the definition of “long gone.”

oagboghi2

Some of you lames need to get out of the thread if you don't like the OP.

Why come here and air out your grievances like OP's lame ass friend?
Because it’s stupid. Doesn’t have to be deeper than that.👍
To spice up the discussion and add some humour to the thread. I love laughing. Not everything has to be serious. Console wars don't have to be serious. We can make friendly jabs at each other and get along. Also my friend isn't fake.

oh he is fake.

if you want to talk exclusives, just say so. Are we suppose to debate your imaginary friend?

“Do we agree with him.” 😂😂

Last edited:
Top Bottom