• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive Invitation for an Xbox One Alpha Trial [Titanfall]

Computer

If you have a good friend that has the Alpha you can get it as well. Just sign in on your box with there account. Download the alpha. Then while on there account set your console as home console the sign out. You both will have it and can play at the same time. Also home console can be changed at anytime. You can do this to share any game.That is what I did.

derFeef

If you have a good friend that has the Alpha you can get it as well. Just sign in on your box with there account. Download the alpha. Then while on there account set your console as home console the sign out. You both will have it and can play at the same time. That is what I did.

Aha?

If you have a good friend that has the Alpha you can get it as well. Just sign in on your box with there account. Download the alpha. Then while on there account set your console as home console the sign out. You both will have it and can play at the same time. Also home console can be changed at anytime. You can do this to share any game.That is what I did.
Whoa what? After you set it as home and they have their account back do they set theirs back to home?

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
there is definitely no fall damage when ejecting from a titan, i'd imagine there is none at all.

Yeah, none for pilots out of mechs either, saw a guy jump from a rather high roof of a building to the ground and not take any damage at all.

Bsigg12

Do the AI level up? I saw one guy kill an AI and it was called a Grunt, I saw him kill another and it was called a Spectre.

There are the robot AIs that are spectres and the grunts that look like humans. I haven't seen any sort of leveling by the AI, they all die really quick regardless.

CoolNumber9

yep
march 11 can't come soon enough

Woah, I just realized they are just now Alpha testing this game thats under 2 months before release? How is that even possible? I knew it was a March release but didn't really think of when in the month it was releasing and how soon that really is!

Victrix

*beard*
Woah, I just realized they are just now Alpha testing this game thats under 2 months before release? How is that even possible? I knew it was a March release but didn't really think of when in the month it was releasing and how soon that really is!

'Alpha' and 'Beta' have been horribly abused by publishers and devs over the last decade or so

You can usually read them as 'demo' or 'prerelease network test build', depending on the game in question.

There are some actual betas out there, but they're few and far between. This TF release is not an alpha by any stretch.

My brother and I got locked out of switching home consoles after about 3 times.
So be careful with that

I would try this but after the Oman incident, never again.

bidguy

Banned

they just call it alpha
its a network test

antitrop

The Marvins better be substantially more powerful than the Grunts, otherwise I don't even know if they will be worth the effort to hack.

Watched a couple of vids. Holy shit. Looks like the hype is justified.

Not once did I even notice some 25% downgraded textures, or 6v6 limitations. Looks like the AI drones accomplish their design goal perfectly, there's always human vs human action going on because that's where the AI funnels the matches.

JaggedSac

Watched a couple of vids. Holy shit. Looks like the hype is justified.

Not once did I even notice some 25% downgraded textures, or 6v6 limitations. Looks like the AI drones accomplish their design goal perfectly, there's always human vs human action going on because that's where the AI funnels the matches.

It certainly is a good way to focus attention on certain areas of the map. Players are going to gravitate to the easy kills, and the other team will gravitate there because they know the other team will be trying to kill the grunts. Should be interesting to see how these things shake out after a couple weeks of playing.

RulkezX

I know they are saying the textures are 25% of what they will be in the final version, but have they mentioned AI ?

That video of the guy walking into the building with 6-7 AI who wildly shoot anywhere but at him ( while he casually reloads) before dying easily to the player was Colonial Marines level of shitty.

The rest looks ok, still undecided between XO or PC version. My clan isn't really interested because of no server rentals, 6v6 and matchmaking etc , OTOH I have next to no friends with XO's and have to compete for the TV with my wife and kids :/

WizzNARD

I mentioned it earlier, but out of all my buddies I was the only one to not get a code. But wanna know the kicker? They don't even seem to care! They are all playing BF4 right now. I believe what I'm feeling right now is called salt. Bitter, bitter salt. Sigh...

NuKERxyz

I mentioned it earlier, but out of all my buddies I was the only one to not get a code. But wanna know the kicker? They don't even seem to care! They are all playing BF4 right now. I believe what I'm feeling right now is called salt. Bitter, bitter salt. Sigh...

Played it for about 4 hours straight today. Gonna Play Bf4 tonight, and cry until March 11.

Nibel

Those impressions man

keMXei7.png
keMXei7.png
keMXei7.png
keMXei7.png

Hype is through the roof

Watched it some more, and I'm really liking it. It looks fun as all hell. Yea, it plays familiar, but that's not really much of a problem when you factor in the jet pack and wall running capabilities of the pilots, the titans and what they bring to the gameplay and how they help to diversify the feel of gameplay, especially when you keep in mind the fact that pilots can exit a titan whenever they feel like and have their titan stand guarding a position or even follow and protect the pilot. Some interesting gameplay possibilities, many more than some simple "COD with mechs" association.

I'm also liking what I see from the AI. They definitely appear to add to the experience quite a bit. I especially like the occasional voice communication from the AI. It's funny, the quality of the video isn't even that high, and somehow I've never been more excited about the game than I am now. And when I think about it, I suppose it makes sense that a Titan would have technology to alert the player to where shots came from. Liked the titan damage core boost that I saw, and I wasn't expecting stealth capability like what I saw from that pilot once he ejected. That was pretty damn cool.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Watched it some more, and I'm really liking it. It looks fun as all hell. Yea, it plays familiar, but that's not really much of a problem when you factor in the jet pack and wall running capabilities of the pilots, the titans and what they bring to the gameplay and how they help to diversify the feel of gameplay, especially when you keep in mind the fact that pilots can exit a titan whenever they feel like and have their titan stand guarding a position or even follow and protect the pilot. Some interesting gameplay possibilities, many more than some simple "COD with mechs" association.

I'm also liking what I see from the AI. They definitely appear to add to the experience quite a bit. I especially like the occasional voice communication from the AI. It's funny, the quality of the video isn't even that high, and somehow I've never been more excited about the game than I am now. And when I think about it, I suppose it makes sense that a Titan would have technology to alert the player to where shots came from. Liked the titan damage core boost that I saw, and I wasn't expecting stealth capability like what I saw from that pilot once he ejected. That was pretty damn cool.

Same here. I sit watching for about an hour and I'm 100 percent sold. I see this game passing a ton of time till Destiny and even then getting some regular play.

Alienous

It actually looks like it plays a lot like Crysis 3.

Heck, even that had a mech (although it wasn't implemented the same way).

I wonder how the gameplay compares.

Burgerface

Neo Member
The 6v6 matchup and the AI grunts really make me realize that they may have created a great FPS adaptation of the MOBA game design. Champions(players) fighting each other with creeps(AI) pushing "lanes" and focusing fighting in certain areas. Can't wait to play it myself.

GravyButt

Damn. Just watched alpha gameplay on my iphone (so i cant speak for the graphics) and I must say gameplay looks exciting. Maps seem bigger than I expected also.

Heres hoping that this network test means the beta is coming really soon. Maybe they want to make sure network is fully functional before the beta to avoid anymore unexpected hate.

Top Bottom