• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F-Zero 99 announced | Available later today for NSO members

F-ZERO 99 is available today for active Nintendo Switch Online members

The F-ZERO game returns as a 99-player battle royale! Race on classic F-ZERO courses with machines from the original Super NES game and tear through courses in high-speed races. But be careful, your Power Meter will decrease if you crash into pilots or guard rails. If it hits zero, you're out!

New circuits will be unlocked on Sep 29 (Japan time).

In normal F-ZERO 99:

- Mute City II
- Port Town I
- Red Canyon I

In Pro Tracks events:

- White Land II
- Death Wind II

The Queen League will also begin appearing in Grand Prix events.

The remaining King League circuits will be unlocked in mid October.

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
They had me I was like here we go a brand new F-zero or GX remaster! This better be some testing ground for a real entry on Switch 2

Lokaum D+

I find it impressive they go back to the old games and add new modes in while retaining the graphics as they were (for the most part).

F-Zero? Super Mario RPG? STAR OCEAN R? My childhood is being revitalized.
Yeah, i dont like to be charged 60usd to revisit my childhood when i can revist for free just booting my old consoles.

Robb

Gold Member
I’ll give it a whirl for sure but it looks very cluttered/messy. We’ll see. Not really the F-Zero comeback I was hoping for.

Needlecrash

I've never been too into F-Zero aside from the SNES versions. That being said...

car sliding GIF

PanzerCute

I’ll probably never win a race in multiplayer but for sheer fun, this would be a blast! You can be middle of the field and still be battling with 20 other cars right next to you. This should be a luagh!
Oh I suck at Fzero too, I just want to see the chaos :D

I just tried one game online. I didnt survive haha but that was LOTS of fun.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Somebody mentioned F Zero 99 in the main thread for the Direct before it even started.
Yeah, the entirety of the contents of this Direct got leaked a few days ago. It’s one of the few times a leak has been basically 100% accurate.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
That's the kind of shit they should be putting to mobile while they have full main entries on their platform. Still it's neat in a pac man/tetris/whatever 99/br sort of way.

Top Bottom