• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 - September 23rd release

Lucius86

Banned
I will be doing a massive amount of work on the |OT| this weekend, now I have completed Deus Ex. Nice to see we will have a first complete draft very soon to tweak.

DarkJC

Gotta say I'm pretty hyped for this. Enjoyed the first game on PS3 but ultimately didn't play very long because of constant career restarting due to the dreaded corrupted save bug. Watching F1 this season has got me ready to play again. Now that I've got an awesome gaming PC I'm going to pick it up on that, and all the changes I've read about for this iteration sound pretty awesome, so here's hoping for corruption free saves!

Might even be able to get in on the online action this time.

Branson

Helios_CM said:
We've had our page approved now by FOM so it's just a matter of Valve making it live!

Any idea on how big the game is to download off of Steam? Have to watch that now with AT&T.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Foliorum Viridum said:
I'll PM you the FTP info now.

Just touched up my half of the |OT| a bit and now I think I am officially done. Exciting!
Nice to see, oh wait, I can't. Details required!

Anyway, my Steam friends list should see lot's of people pre-ordering F1 2011, I hope. Again though I may be the only one with a retail copy, heh.

I thought I was starting my second year of uni on the 27th, but it turns out that's just the day I go in to sign paperwork and shit and I actually start lectures on October 3rd.

... That's a wholeee lotta time to play this game :D

Staab

You need to start by getting your new PC up and running, you fool !
All this crazy talk has made me crave some F1 2010 but there's no one to play with :(

It's not a new PC, my CPU decided it wanted two of the cores to be at 100% load all of the time and was overheating :(

Still gonna be rocking my 955, 6950 and 8gb RAM... which will hopefully be enough for a solid 60!

Replacement CPU is on its way so I should have it by early next week.

Staab

Nice, I hope it works out otherwise I'll be steaming ahead of you on the brilliant racer ladder of 2011.

Btw, watch this video, there's lots of info about the SC and red flags I hadn't heard anywhere else, gets pretty in depth: really nice stuff.

Xun

My 32GB 8-core Mac Pro would easily run the game, too bad I have to get it on a console. :(

Stealth brag

Fixed1979

Staab said:
You need to start by getting your new PC up and running, you fool !
All this crazy talk has made me crave some F1 2010 but there's no one to play with :(

I'll have to add you to my friends list, I've been playing for the last couple days. Want to play a full season (short) and a bit of multi player before 2011 comes out. For some reason I've been getting some serious occasional freezing stuttering that I didn't get before. Pretty annoying...

Also grats to CM for going gold!

Staab

Xun said:
My 32GB 8-core Mac Pro would easily run the game, too bad I have to get it on a console. :(

Stealth brag
Can't you run it on windows via parallels or bootcamp? (genuine question!)

Foliorum Viridum said:
my Swedish friend :)
I will swede your engineer, you brit.

Xun

Foliorum Viridum said:
32gb of... ram?

Either you do a fuckload of video editing or have a small penis, sir! :p Why being forced to buy it on console?
We managed to get the RAM cheap, very cheap for what it is (not from Apple of course).

It'll aid me in my CGI work.

Also I'll need a console version because I'm sharing this computer with my dad who doesn't want Windows/games on it. :p

AcridMeat

Banned
Xun said:
We managed to get the RAM cheap, very cheap for what it is (not from Apple of course).

Also I'll need a console version because I'm sharing this computer with my dad who doesn't want Windows/games on it. :p

And there's all your cred down the tube.

Stop It

Foliorum Viridum said:
You can wait sir :) Kyaw got special access because he's helping with graphics.
You're mean!

Anyway, I look forward to seeing your work. Not that long and we'll be back on the track.

Ark

Xun said:

You obviously have at least a 2TB HDD, so just install Windows 7 via Bootcamp. It'll take you no longer than an hour at most. I installed it on my iMac and my dad's iMac downstairs.

32GB of RAM is glorious. I used to raid WoW with a guy who's computer could only be described as god-like.

Ark

Foliorum Viridum said:
You missed the point of his dad not letting him do exactly that.

You just have to keep pestering. At least that's what I did to get my dad to let me install W7 on his iMac.

Once you hit a certain age you can't really pester anymore, especially if he's sharing a serious piece of hardware with you!

Also, in the Steam thread I just read that the game was added to the registry today! That pre-order is going to be up very soon now.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Once you hit a certain age you can't really pester anymore, especially if he's sharing a serious piece of hardware with you!

Also, in the Steam thread I just read that the game was added to the registry today! That pre-order is going to be up very soon now.

It's up. £26.99 if you preorder. But you can get it online for about £21 if you shop around.

Fixed1979

Had no interest in messing around. Sold! Day -12
B03kR.png

Good price on steam but my pc £22.50 preorder for the disc pressed version is still better :D those things are rare to get from codemasters games now lol.

Stop It

Diablohead said:
Good price on steam but my pc £22.50 preorder for the disc pressed version is still better :D those things are rare to get from codemasters games now lol.
Where did you get that price from and is it still available? (Yes, I am quibbling over £2 as I am paying £24 but hey).

Co-op career is going to be embarrassing when Lucius takes a screenshot of the stats in the final race and he's outperformed me in every single way, haha.

Stop It said:
Where did you get that price from and is it still available? (Yes, I am quibbling over £2 as I am paying £24 but hey).
cool shop had it at that price when it first went up for pre-order, now it's £24.50 I think.

HenryHSH

Date: 2011-09-08, 08:28AM PDT
Reply to: comm-henryhsh-2587801484@gaflist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

ARE YOU READY TO RACE FOR THE BEST TEAM IN F1 TODAY?
DO YOU WANT TO BECOME THE SECOND BEST DRIVER IN THE WORLD?
Sign up to the F1 2011 HENRYHSH PARTNER invitational and get the chance to race side-by-si behind one of the all time greats.

Applicants: Please apply by e-mail ONLY. Please do not inquire or follow-up by phone. We will contact qualified applicants for this position. REQUIREMENTS (no exceptions):

*GPA of 3.1 or below (will be verified)
*Advanced computer & technology proficiency (Internet, Steam, and GFWL)
*Excellent written and oral communication skills, energy, and positive attitude
*The ability to work during weekends/holidays (Christmas day is off)

• Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • Please, no phone calls about this job!
  • Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
PostingID: 666007555

Would people be interested in me adding a co-op section to the OT where people can easily put requests for partners and a list of the teams etc?

I didn't think of that until now but if you guys would want it I'll chuck it in.

Fixed1979

Foliorum Viridum said:
Would people be interested in me adding a co-op section to the OT where people can easily put requests for partners and a list of the teams etc?

I didn't think of that until now but if you guys would want it I'll chuck it in.

Definitely interested in co-op, but I'm not sure if I'll have time for it...it probably can't hurt.

Lucius86

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:

I have a co-op section, but it won't cover the matchmaking side of it. I think it's a good idea to include it.

Stop It

Fixed1979 said:
Definitely interested in co-op, but I'm not sure if I'll have time for it...it probably can't hurt.
Yeah. I hope to find a co-op partner for the campaign mode, although of course my main focus will be on the online multiplayer.

Less than 2 weeks to go, I can't wait!

Top Bottom