• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 - September 23rd release

Well then, I think it's clear that it's a bad idea and I won't do it.

Also, we're going to have some weird swinger thing going in with our careers. When Lucius is done with me he'll kick me to the street and hop into bed with Crumbs or something and Orgun or Stop It will have to split up to be my new partner etc.

It's the thing I'm most excited about after our league.

Lucius86

Banned
Stop It said:
Yeah. I hope to find a co-op partner for the campaign mode, although of course my main focus will be on the online multiplayer.

Less than 2 weeks to go, I can't wait!

It's going to be great getting us all back together again.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Foliorum Viridum said:
Well then, I think it's clear that it's a bad idea and I won't do it.

Also, we're going to have some weird swinger thing going in with our careers. When Lucius is done with me he'll kick me to the street and hop into bed with Crumbs or something and Orgun or Stop It will have to split up to be my new partner etc.

It's the thing I'm most excited about after our league.
So basically, this co-op is going to cause us to have maritals etc over it all? Oh the controversy!
Orgun is mine, mwhahaha

Lucius86 said:
It's going to be great getting us all back together again.
Yeah, I miss the laughs we have had over the last year and look forward to getting back on (and then quickly off) the track with you guys.

On release day we're just playing online, right? I mean, I want to check out the new co-op shit and everything, but day 1 honestly all I want to do is get in a lobby with you guys and figure out the new shit together.

/soppy

Kyaw

Foliorum Viridum said:
On release day we're just playing online, right? I mean, I want to check out the new co-op shit and everything, but day 1 honestly all I want to do is get in a lobby with you guys and figure out the new shit together.

/soppy

If i can get my steam version downloaded by the 23rd, i'll be there.

My internet comes back on the 22nd.

Lucius86

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:

/soppy

I'm moving house day after release day, so I will try to be around in the evening if I pack everything BUT the computer. Saturday I will be around in the evening too, hopefully.

The first thing I want to do is crash into you and bring out the safety car.

Stop It

Foliorum Viridum said:

/soppy
Oh, I'll BE there, don't you worry.

By there I mean in your gearbox, I'm not sure where the rest of your car would be though after I crash in to you.

Lucius86

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Good luck hitting me before I hit you, mate.

Monaco, full wet. IT'S ON. Let's see if even a SC can sort out that mess.

Blatantly red flags if history is anything to go by. Also, all crashes must now use your full deployment of KERS for maximum damage.

Staab

Already told my gf I was spending saturday at home playing F1 2011, all day.
You fools better be around cause I'm not going to be playing offline unless I'm forced to.

Lucius86

Banned
Staab said:
Already told my gf I was spending saturday at home playing F1 2011, all day.
You fools better be around cause I'm not going to be playing offline unless I'm forced to.

You have a very understanding gf.

And yes, once all my junk is over to the new house, and Internet has been set up, I am playing F1 2011 until I can't keep my eyes open. Later afternoon/early evening I hope.

Luckyman

Banned
f3aj.jpg

New Ferrari wheel for PC PS3

@willbuxton Will Buxton
Unbelievable realism on the new F12011 game with Ferrari wheel. DRS and KERS. Incredibly difficult to hit buttons, shift etc. Wow.

Fixed1979

All this talk of Saturday racing made me check the on-call schedule...looks like I'm working Saturday morning for a couple hours anyway. I'm sure everyone will be on Friday night and all throughout the weekend.

We should schedule a "fun" race for Sunday morning or something to see if we can fill the 16 player grid.

Dibbz

I can't imagine all of the buttons will be used? I mean mix settings, lol. We'd be lucky if they fixed tyre and fuel simulation from 2010.

Lucius86 said:
How much? If it is around £200, I would buy it.
You massive loser.

Fixed1979 said:
All this talk of Saturday racing made me check the on-call schedule...looks like I'm working Saturday morning for a couple hours anyway. I'm sure everyone will be on Friday night and all throughout the weekend.

We should schedule a "fun" race for Sunday morning or something to see if we can fill the 16 player grid.
I'm up for a 16 player race to see how they compare to last year. I know it's only 4 more people, but I think the dynamic of the races will change completely.

I wish I could go into stasis for two weeks...

Ark

Alright looks like I wont be buying F1 2011, much to my displeasure.

Second year of college starts in 3 days, I have a Minecraft server to run with a shit tonne of updates, I'm hooked on League of Legends and I've got Bastion to finish. Plus, I'm skint.

Have fun with F1 2011.

Right, as per request I've added a co-op section to the |OT| so that we will be able to help people find partners easily etc.

If it goes well I'm all for us setting up a way of tracking the most interesting careers. It would be pretty cool if some people did an update after every race. Doesn't have to be long, just a quick summary so we can follow fueds etc. I'd like Stop It to pop in after every race he did with Orgun and go "He hit the wall. Again." I know Lucius will probably be up for it so I'm sure we'll do one and I guess we'll see if other people feel like doing it!

I already feel like CM have done a great job of doing more to bring the community of the game together and it's not even out. Quite brilliant, really.

Edit: Haha, if only we had snow like that in Wales, Fixed!

Lucius86

Banned
Dibbz said:
I can't imagine all of the buttons will be used? I mean mix settings, lol. We'd be lucky if they fixed tyre and fuel simulation from 2010.

You do know then in F1 2011 you can alter the fuel mixture?

Also, it looks like you haven't been reading up on dev diaries/impressions from people who have played the game. You may be surprised by the improvements....

Foliorum Viridum said:
You massive loser.

I know. Being single and earning more money means a £200 wheel actually doesn't look like a bad idea.

Ark said:

Second year of college starts in 3 days, I have a Minecraft server to run with a shit tonne of updates, I'm hooked on League of Legends and I've got Bastion to finish. Plus, I'm skint.

Have fun with F1 2011.

chicken1.jpg

Fixed1979 said:

I could be up for a Sunday race. I'm working on this 'being single' thing so I don't know where I will be. But if I am in 'Forever Alone' zone, I am there.

Stop It

Lucius86 said:
How much? If it is around £200, I would buy it.
I'm not the only one then!

Foliorum Viridum said:
You massive loser.

I'm up for a 16 player race to see how they compare to last year. I know it's only 4 more people, but I think the dynamic of the races will change completely.

I wish I could go into stasis for two weeks...
Er...

Anyway, yeah, 16 players, while it doesn't sound much more, will create a completely different race in my view and I cannot wait to see it in action.

AcridMeat

Banned
Ark said:

F1 2011 IS DISPLEASED.

Ark said:
Have fun with F1 2011.

NOW I WILL.

Dilly

Banned
Lucius86 said:
I could be up for a Sunday race. I'm working on this 'being single' thing so I don't know where I will be. if I am in 'Forever Alone' zone, I am there.

Iknowthatfeelbro.jpg

Caramello

jambo said:
I'll try and get in for some races, but with timezones and all (AusGAF represent), it may well be too hard.

I'd certainly be up for some AusGAF F1 2011 if timezone issues occur (though I'll be on PS3)

Angst

S. L. said:
do you think this will run reasonable on my oldschool pc with a 8800gt card?
I doubt it. You'd have to run it at the lowest setting and really low resolution and I still doubt that you'd meet the minimum requirements.

Have they released the recommended specs btw?

F1 2011 Minimum System Requirements
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 5400+
RAM: 2GB
GFX: GeForce 7800/Radeon X1800 or higher
HDD: 12.5 GB Hard Drive Space
DX: DirectX 9.0c

F1 2011 Recommended System Requirements for DX11
DX: DirectX 11
CPU: Intel Core i5 or AMD Phenom II x4
RAM: 4GB Ram
GFX: GeForce GTX460 or ATI Radeon HD 5850

Kyaw

Quote said:
I finally checked my PC's stats:

AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.00GHz
8GBs of Ram
ATI 4870

Am I good to go?

Yup. I used to have that EXACT setup and it can run F1 2010 and Dirt 2 extremely well.

Fixed1979

Quote said:
I finally checked my PC's stats:

AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.00GHz
8GBs of Ram
ATI 4870

Am I good to go?

I can't say what settings you can use but your card is well above minimum but not quite the recommended, you should be fine though.

Top Bottom