• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable III Touch People Up

nico

Banned
Salz01 said:
Damn thats Awesome art. I want to play THAT game. Why is it that nobody can make a game like that? Cell shade it or whatever but give me that. The second one had awesome art too, and then when it came out just kind of was a blurry mess. I still have it and need to replay it to make sure.

LIONHEAD you listening??! Dont make it a Blurry Mess!

TALES OF VESPERIA

~Kinggi~

Banned
I have to say some of the comments on the latest video diary concern me regarding moving away from rpg to action adventure. I hope we can all still age and buy houses and do all of the rpg stuff we could do in Fable 2. That was one of the main reasons it was so fun for me.

~Kinggi~ said:
I have to say some of the comments on the latest video diary concern me regarding moving away from rpg to action adventure. I hope we can all still age and buy houses and do all of the rpg stuff we could do in Fable 2. That was one of the main reasons it was so fun for me.

I doubt you'd buy individual stores and such if you're king. It wouldn't make any sense. If anything you'd just adjust how much tax places pay you (and probably do it via the 3D map instead of having to walk to each place).

Though moving away from rpg is probably more in reference to there being no traditional experience points/leveling up (follower system replaces it), buying dozens of weapons (weapon morphing replaces it), and a further streamlined magic system (hold the button for "limitless" charge).

~Kinggi~

Banned
HadesGigas said:
I doubt you'd buy individual stores and such if you're king. It wouldn't make any sense. If anything you'd just adjust how much tax places pay you (and probably do it via the 3D map instead of having to walk to each place).

Though moving away from rpg is probably more in reference to there being no traditional experience points/leveling up (follower system replaces it), buying dozens of weapons (weapon morphing replaces it), and a further streamlined magic system (hold the button for "limitless" charge).
Game is kinda sounding like shit now tbh. I loved the micromanagement of my owned properties and items and everything.

Dare i say this game is gonna get slammed hard at release.

~Kinggi~ said:
I think he just meant less focus on things like inventory management. I wouldn't worry too much.

~Kinggi~ said:
Game is kinda sounding like shit now tbh. I loved the micromanagement of my owned properties and items and everything.

Dare i say this game is gonna get slammed hard at release.

Well, it could deliver on different kinds of micromanagement. Lead character being king leaves plenty of opportunity for that, have to wait to see though I guess.

But yeah, seems like a lot of the Fable II stuff is dropped/changed significantly.

There will certainly have to be a "management" type of feel to things like how you handle the kingdoms treasury, it's army, and it's laws. Combined with the "campaign promises" they've mentioned you make before you become king. Hopefully it's deep enough.

SamVT

~Kinggi~ said:

Don't worry all of that is still there, just better and easier to manage etc...

PR:

http://lionhead.com/blogs/fable_2_d...-journey-expands-to-windows-this-holiday.aspx
Epic Fable III Journey Expands to Windows This Holiday

Epic “Fable III” Journey Expands to Windows This Holiday

Limited Collector’s Edition Includes Unique Memorabilia and Unlocks Additional In-Game Action

Lead a rebellion, start a revolution, and rule a kingdom in “Fable III”. Microsoft Game Studios and Lionhead Studios present the thrilling new chapter in the “Fable” franchise exclusively on Xbox 360 and Windows. Action, drama, adventure and humor propel the story as players choose their journey to become King or Queen of Albion.

“Fable III” will be available in Standard and Limited Collector’s Editions for Xbox 360. The Standard Edition will retail for $59.99/£44.99/€64.99, while the Limited Collector’s Edition will retail for $79.99/£59.99/€84.99. The Windows version will retail for $49.99/£39.99/€54.99, and will also be available for download exclusively on Games on Demand on Games for Windows – LIVE.

The Limited Collector’s Edition also offers unique collectibles that true “Fable” fans won’t want to miss, including downloadable content, also available for Windows users, as well as in-box items that come with the Xbox 360 version. Wrapped up in a distinctive box created in the likeness of a book from “Fable III,” the contents include:

· A new quest: Uncover the mystery of the haunted forests of Silverpines and earn the legendary sword, Wolfsbane, deadly against wolves and balverines.

· Exclusive location: Unlock a new region, ideal for settling down with a family and discovering new treasures.

· “Fable III” playing cards: Created by Lionhead, these cards depict every type of character in “Fable III,” including Heroes, royals, rebels and villains from across Albion and beyond.

· Guild Seal Coin: The coin features a Good side (blue) and Evil side (red) to assist players in making critical decisions that will impact the fate of the world forever.

· A new dog breed: Renowned for its loyalty, the Boxer is a brave canine companion worthy of greatest Queens and Kings.

· One unique outfit: Unearth one male and female outfit from the mysterious, faraway land of Aurora, a new destination in your “Fable III” adventures.

“Fable III” sets the stage for an unparalleled action and adventure experience, in which you will be called upon to rise from revolutionary to ruler of Albion. The choices and sacrifices you make while fanning the flames of revolution, and then as you rule as King or Queen, will lead to an ever evolving world of consequences that will be felt across your entire land.

“Fable III” is not yet rated by the ESRB.

So pc version of 3 is coming and now fable 2 pc?????

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Some infoz on the PC version

http://pc.ign.com/articles/109/1095277p1.html

"The decision to make a PC version was made when we started Fable III," said Molyneux. "The idea was not to simply do a conversion but a standalone custom designed game for the PC which would be part of the Fable franchise. My fondness for the PC as a gaming platform probably played a part in this process. And you can expect to see it at the same time as the Xbox 360 version."
Molyneux also confirmed that there'll be no cross-platform play with Fable III. On the subject of support for Project Natal, the Xbox 360 motion sensing camera, Molyneux stated, "Project Natal has been developed specifically for Xbox 360 so it's just not possible to include Project Natal features in a PC version."

I could swear I remember reading Bill Gates talking about Natal being on the PC too.. guess not anymore.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Strange. Microsoft hasn't done anything on the PC since like 2007. I wonder if Fable 2 (and Halo 3) will make it's way to the PC now.

I'll be very disappointed if Natal is kept completely to X360... I understand that the average distance to display is drastically different, with PC users being a foot or so away versus consoles where you'll be five to ten feet away resulting in the need for differently setup camera pickup. But still...

Not really new thread worthy, but Eurogamer just had a somewhat interesting new hands on with Fable III. Some very good news for me in particular:

This, as we've heard before, is much improved over Fable II's. "We do admit, the co-op in Fable II was rubbish," says Timmins frankly. "We'd be restricted to being within 10 yards of each other, I'd have to be your henchman. What we've done this time is, if you bring your hero into my game, you bring your hero, your stats, your weapons, your interface... Together we can run anywhere in the same region." You'll be able to pursue entirely different tasks as you go, as well as trade weapons, even get married.

"If I'm playing with my girlfriend, I can get married to my girlfriend in the game," says Timmins. "Have a wedding, get down on one knee like in real life. When you actually get married in the game, you have a shared bank account. So one day you might turn your game on thinking yeah, I've got 1000 gold, I can have that weapon that I wanted, you run over you press A, you've got no money. The reason is, you go to your house, you've got pink wallpaper and a new bed."

Janky as it was I actually enjoyed the co-op in Fable II, as I'm always looking for non-FPS co-op options, so if Fable III was just more of Fable II with a nicer co-op mode I'd already be onboard.

Top Bottom