• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Facebook bans far-right group for hate speech

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
You don't seem to approve of talking about the hate the white people get.

Because no one wants to talk to a person who just keeps going,"Why do you hate white people so much?" or things along those lines. You're not looking for a real conversation here, you're looking for a gotcha moment. You're constant whataboutism is tiring as well.

Here I'll play your game. Any time you post I'm just gonna ask you why you hate black people and why you aren't condemning right wing hate groups every 30 seconds. Sound fun?

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
Because no one wants to talk to a person who just keeps going,"Why do you hate white people so much?" or things along those lines. You're not looking for a real conversation here, you're looking for a gotcha moment. You're constant whataboutism is tiring as well.

Here I'll play your game. Any time you post I'm just gonna ask you why you hate black people and why you aren't condemning right wing hate groups every 30 seconds. Sound fun?
It's interesting isn't it, how even bringing up that people who hate on white people are NOT banned gets so many people pissed off. Says alot.

Facebook enforces a double standard (as does Youtube and Twitter) and some of us call them out for it. You take a side against people calling them out.

Last edited:
It's like you believe that some hate groups are ok.

A+ verbal reasoning skills.

In fact I guarantee you that hate groups against non-whites, Muslims, gays and transgender vastly, vastly eclipse the laughably minuscule numbers of groups online and offline who hate straight white males for who they are. Your average British Muslim right now is in far greater, persistent danger of being verbally and physically attacked thanks to the rhetoric of scum like Britain First that are partially and mostly normalised by even a lot of our mainstream media. Your insistence in this thread topic of what you perceive to be hate towards straight white males being in any way equivalent is insulting and removed from reality.

And just in case your unmatched critical thinking skills outshine mine yet again, let me spell the following out for you:

No, I abhor any hate leveled at individuals purely for their race, gender, sexuality, religion etc. I do agree with you that all hate groups who champion anything of the sort as listed should wave goodbye to their accounts if social media corporations give a damn about enforcing their own terms of use. Track them down, report them and hope Facebook gets off their arses and do something about them. That I am with you. But I'm also not an idiot who believes there is any serious equivalence between the hate that minorities are faced vis-a-vis the hate that straight white males - the most advantaged group of them all, let's not kid ourselves - receive.

Last edited:

HStallion

It's interesting isn't it, how even bringing up that people who hate on white people are NOT banned gets so many people pissed off. Says alot.

Interesting that you constantly go to whatboutism? Nah not really.

Oh I almost forgot to ask, do you hate non white people so much and why aren't you talking about right wing hate groups not being banned?

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
Interesting that you constantly go to whatboutism? Nah not really.

Oh I almost forgot to ask, do you hate non white people so much and why aren't you talking about right wing hate groups not being banned?
Nope and I don't need to talk about it, there are many many people who talk about it constantly. I think that base is covered but when it comes to hatred of white people, it's mostly downplayed at every opportunity.

I just want social networks to be consistent, ban all hate groups or none.

HStallion

Nope and I don't need to talk about it, there are many many people who talk about it constantly. I think that base is covered but when it comes to hatred of white people, it's mostly downplayed at every opportunity.

Do you hate non white people so much and why aren't you talking about right wing hate groups not being banned? See I can do this song and dance too!

Last edited:

Dunki

Do you hate non white people so much and why aren't you talking about right wing hate groups not being banned? See I can do this song and dance too!
Why do we not talk about every hate Group that calls for Violence? That uses Facebook to meet with other people to cause violence. Like Antifa for example. Why can you not stop trying to accuse people of somethign they never said?

Whats so wrong about equality? Why is it wrong that people want justice counting for everyone?

TannerDemoz

Come on man, you must understand how businesses work.

It's not as simple as just 'ban all hate groups'. In principle, yes, but executing it on something as broad as a social media platform? You need the metrics in place to detect them first and foremost, then to analyse what they're saying and then take action. Britain First was given numerous warnings which they ignored, hence the ban.

I agree with you: yes, hate groups shouldn't be allowed on social media platforms and more consistency is needed, but I don't see why you're arguing with people over this?

Zog

Banned
Come on man, you must understand how businesses work.

It's not as simple as just 'ban all hate groups'. In principle, yes, but executing it on something as broad as a social media platform? You need the metrics in place to detect them first and foremost, then to analyse what they're saying and then take action. Britain First was given numerous warnings which they ignored, hence the ban.

I agree with you: yes, hate groups shouldn't be allowed on social media platforms and more consistency is needed, but I don't see why you're arguing with people over this?
I don't see why people are arguing with me over it. Is it because I dared bring up the hatred against straight white males, touched a few nerves?

TannerDemoz

I don't see why people are arguing with me over it. Is it because I dared bring up the hatred against straight white males, touched a few nerves?
Because you seem to be consistently trying to counter anyone saying that the ban of this far right racist group is a bad thing by asking 'what about whites?'

People are not arguing with you about social media websites ideally having to wipe the board clean of hate groups on whatever political spectrum. They take issues with you for persistently using the "b-but what about hate towards straight white males??!" whataboutism.

HStallion

I don't agree. Let's face it, if I had talked about the hate of any other group besides straight white males, it would have fine.

If you did it in another topic specifically about that subject then you might have gotten a better reaction then derailing this one to let us know the left has problematic groups. That and you dropped the constant whataboutism

Last edited:

TannerDemoz

I don't agree. Let's face it, if I had talked about the hate of any other group besides straight white males, it would have fine.

Because it's nowhere near as serious as the issues facing other groups, is it? And if you think it is I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Zog

Banned
If you did it in another topic specifically about that subject then you might have gotten a better reaction then derailing this one to let us know the left has problematic groups. That and you dropped the constant whataboutism

It is related to this topic because people who hate on straight white men are NOT banned. It's typical though, when the subject comes up it is NEVER the right time and place to discuss it. I'm done.

Rim

It is related to this topic because people who hate on straight white men are NOT banned. It's typical though, when the subject comes up it is NEVER the right time and place to discuss it. I'm done.
You should make a thread how you being persecuted for being straight white male.

HStallion

So make a topic about it already if you want to talk about it so damn much. Again you're just shitting up another thread to badger people about whether they hate white folks or care about left wing extremist groups.

Ke0

As a white male living in a country that is predominately white. I'm really embarrassed at some of you other white males acting like your country is out to get you. Sound like those white genocide wack jobs.

It's funny that one reads about "but what about straight white male hate" but it's never followed by what bad things (hate crimes for starters) are actually happening to the majority of this supposedly oppressed group of people.
I wonder why.

Last edited:

Spheyr

Banned
It's funny that one reads about "but what about straight white male hate" but it's never followed by what bad things (hate crimes for starters) are actually happening to the majority of this supposedly oppressed group of people.
I wonder why.
As soon as you convince the legal system that racism and hate crimes go both ways you might see more crimes against whites charges as hate crimes, but the legal system is paralyzed by fear of lawsuits from the leftist cabal

Bryank75

Banned
Since they are only dozens of them at such events it is not very dfficult.

But Seriously If Britain Frist than so should ANTIFA. Or the people who openly call for invading classrooms to stop discussion panels at Universities.

Yes, I constantly see Antifa attempting to shut down free speech and deplatforming people and it's the modern day equivalent of a fascist movement ironically with the whole book burning and all.

the problem people have that they do it in such a selective way that needs to be criticized. You could even argue that if they would treat left extremist the same they could spark an outrage on the left and being accused of sexism and racism when they for example would remove a ANTIFA site which openly calls for violence acts.

I don't disagree that it's a double-standard. It is.

But a person's right to post on Facebook is not covered by freedom of speech/the first amendment, is what I'm saying.

Future

This topic is about a known hate group being banned by facebook. A group that has google results pasted in this thread showing proof of past actions

You are talking about white men also having problems. And are also upset that people aren’t excited to talk about it in this thread. Even though you’ve provided no links, no examples, nothing to even discuss except that white straight men may be getting beat up on somewhere and we should feel bad about it.

Top Bottom