• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fact : Franklin Richards is the most powerful person in comics - Yay or Nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraftwerk

I love the VS threads we have from time to time, where we attempt to determine who beats who in fictional universes. Seems that we never come to a conclusion due to comics having so many different arcs, and power-levels are dependant on which writer is in control.

I love reading about the different characters and powers, even if I do not read their full stories.

I came across Franklin Richards, and after some googling regarding his powers, it seems that he is basically God. He can warp and manipulate reality i.e anything he wants, any damn thing he thinks about he can make real. Such a fucked up and broken power. He can create and destroy galaxies and even universes and control everything in them. Galactus is his herald!

eRBiein.jpg

7Wl7Pg2.jpg

cTZhZWu.jpg

I am new to this side of comics, but is there even a debate about this? He IS the most powerful mutant, and hell, the most powerful character in comics aye?

"Human Mutant... Anomaly. Beyond Omega classification. Again."

"Reality distortion/Universal shaper/Galactic constant... "

"Danger"

"Danger"

"Doom"

Viewt

You should really read Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four run to get the full effect of seeing Franklin go from depowered to godlike again. That's where a couple of those panels are taken from.

As for whether he's the most powerful character in Marvel Comics... maybe. Even Celestials are scared of him and they're pretty high up on the food chain. He might not be quite in the same class as the abstracts (Eternity, for example) or The Living Tribunal, though.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, basically. But I don't really think of him when people talk about strength levels because he is essentially a god.

The recent Thor thread was interesting to watch because I never really had a grasp on how strong he was either. Someone like Hulk is just adaptable, he gets madder and his strength meets the challenge in front him.

ReiGun

Nay. Believe it or not, there are people even in the Marvel Universe that could eat Franklin's lunch. Not very many of them, mind you, but they're out there.

Franklin is probably the most powerful character that makes regular appearances in comics, though.

I hate characters like this because they allow writers to erase and ignore limits.

Thing is, Franklin's entire life has been about limits. Reed is always trying to limit his powers or forbid him from using them because of just how dangerous they are.

My only fantastic four knowledge comes from the pilot for the 60s or 70s cartoon that I had on vhs tape and venture brothers.

So I have no clue.

Slayven

There are people jsut as poweriful, or even more powerful like this dude right here.

Rs0FNnL.jpg

His power is to copy the powers of people around him and add plus one.

Look to where he eventually got.

718634-protege_tribunal.jpg

The LT, Eternity, and The Celestials had to come together like Voltron to trick him, not beat him, but trick him into defeat.

Mindwipe

As for whether he's the most powerful character in Marvel Comics... maybe. Even Celestials are scared of him and they're pretty high up on the food chain. He might not be quite in the same class as the abstracts (Eternity, for example) or The Living Tribunal, though.

Yeah. He's probably the most powerful character to have a regular role in a book, but he's below The Living Tribunal.

TheTwelve

Franklin Richards still operates under The One Above All.

Dr. Strange could probably deus ex machina a way to defeat Franklin if he ever lost it (and he will, since this is comics).

However, let's not forget She-Hulk. She's the only person who actually knows she's living in a comic. If knowledge = power, who is more powerful than her? =)

Savitar

Franklin as a kid or adult can be mind blowingly power.

The guy even created another earth and had all the heroes there during the whole Heroes Reborn event.

Dr. Strange could probably deus ex machina a way to defeat Franklin if he ever lost it (and he will, since this is comics).

However, let's not forget She-Hulk. She's the only person who actually knows she's living in a comic. If knowledge = power, who is more powerful than her? =)

Deadpool is well aware he's in a comic as are a few other lesser characters.

Suairyu

Banned
Each universe has their own Galactus. And that Galactus is not dead, jsut converted to work for Life.
Right, but even beyond that picture with Franklin making it so Galactus is not dead... Am I remembering wrong about the "Galactus death = universe death" thing?

ToxicAdam

Franklin is just a plot device for comic book writers.

Need a reason why villains would capture the Richards' son, yet not kill him? Give him unlimited powers.

Need a way to quickly create an alternate universe? Let the little boy make it.

Slayven

Right, but even beyond that picture with Franklin making it so Galactus is not dead... Am I remembering wrong about the "Galactus death = universe death" thing?

I don't know if that is a hard and fast rule, cause there has been a couple of timelines where Galactus is dead.

J10

Banned

Did you miss when Deadpool recently escaped the Marvel universe and killed the writers as they were writing the scene where he kills them? The meta-fiction is far more his schtick than anyone else's.

Nay. Believe it or not, there are people even in the Marvel Universe that could eat Franklin's lunch. Not very many of them, mind you, but they're out there.

Franklin is probably the most powerful character that makes regular appearances in comics, though.

Thing is, Franklin's entire life has been about limits. Reed is always trying to limit his powers or forbid him from using them because of just how dangerous they are.

Correct. Franklin is the most powerful HUMAN, but entities like the living tribunal are superior. Of course, something just killed the LT...

Edit: most powerful entity was the beyonder before they retconned him. No one is reckless enough to write a character that stupidly powerful again.

entremet

thats nothing. Legion put the whole universe in a box.

In the future, Galactus is Franklin's herald.

SUbQR.jpg

Galactus died fighting the mad celestials, old Franklin gave Galactus a portion of his/young franklins powers in order to revive him.

Galactus was pretty fond of not dying and became Franklins companion.

Man, I need to get back into comics. Pretty crazy. I remember Franklin last from the Outslaught series.

Deadpool knows hes in a comic book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom