• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fact : Franklin Richards is the most powerful person in comics - Yay or Nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Adder

Banned
1317912-hyperstorm1.jpg

To quote myself from the Thor topic: Fuck Hyperstorm

TheTwelve

You haven't read much Deadpool. He's talking directly to you like half the time.

Lol, I own almost every Deadpool comic, even back in the good 'ol days when his arch-enemy was a mage with a big bandaid on his nose. =)

In his own comic, it's very slapstick. I'm just wondering how slapstick and "comic-aware" he is in other, more serious comics that don't have his name on the front.

...and Tony Stark! Remember, Doctor Doom and Tony Stark sat down and made a time machine together from scratch!

Has Bruce Wayne ever done that? Nope.

I too am tired of people saying Batman is the strongest of all, when he has never come close to beating even Deathstroke, based on my knowledge.

Nah there's levels to this. Doom and Richards are above Stark.

TheTwelve

Nah there's levels to this. Doom and Richards are above Stark.

I guess I view it in matters of field strength. Like how Ant-Man is called the "Scientist Supreme", I believe.

Overall, Richards is probably the smartest dude of all but nobody is a better mechanical engineer than Tony. Doom is obviously a good one as well, but he adds magic to go over the top. Tony hates magic.

PsychBat!

Banned
This is what I hate about comics, especially DC and Marvel. All these god-like beings. There's always a 'this guy will beat this guy because he has powers extending throughout the multiverse/megaverse', etc. It becomes cluttered with Living Tribunals, Thanos, Beyonders, Demonbanes and so on.

I can only suggest to you what the others have suggested, to stay out of cosmic side of the Marvel Universe. Or alternate realities. It's crazy.

But it's so good.

I guess I view it in matters of field strength. Like how Ant-Man is called the "Scientist Supreme", I believe.

Overall, Richards is probably the smartest dude of all but nobody is a better mechanical engineer than Tony. Doom is obviously a good one as well, but he adds magic to go over the top. Tony hates magic.

Richards is smart across a broad spectrum, but there are individuals that specialize in certain areas that are better than he is.

T'challa and Doom are probably a notch up since both have a better working knowlege of magic and are better strategists.

There are some villains though (Thanos, Apocalypse, Sinister, high Evo) that are just in a totally different league.

Apocalypse is the only one with a pile of celestial technology that he actually knows how to use, for instance.

No mentioning of pre retcon Molecule Man?

Hey, I can manipulate the entire multiverse.

But yeah. Franklin is insane powerful. And Doom wont touch kids. He has a code of ethics. Other villains don't won't a pissed off Reed or Sue. Reed is the man who makes doomsday devices for fun. Imagine what he would do when angry.

PsychBat!

Banned

That title was just really dumb. It just inflated Pym's ego. It's a good thing that the title was invalid the whole time.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I can only suggest to you what the others have suggested, to stay out of cosmic side of the Marvel Universe. Or alternate realities. It's crazy.

But it's so good.
Well, it seems to come up so often especially in metaplot that it's hard to avoid.

And it's not that I mind it. It's that it becomes too frequent. I love cosmic scale stories. I used to own the old Infinity Gauntlet but it's the frequency that bothers me. It comes to a point it seems almost every superhero is god-like in one way or another. I think Spider-Man is one of the few that's still at a lower level of power.

I guess I'd be more interested in Top Cow comics except they rely too heavily on crossovers with fiction outside their characters (i.e. Marvel or even Tomb Raider). Not so sure about the rebooted universe, however.

Yep. Explaining just how strong wouldn't really make much sense, but just picture cthulu on a cosmic scale and you're close.

I don't know anything about cthulu. Except that he has Tentacles on his mouth and lives deep undersea. I don't know if he is modern or old, or his powers or motives.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Captain Marvel had cancer. Decided he didn't wanna die, so he and the Avengers launched a plan to murder Death so no one would ever die. Eventually, they all became corrupted, began worshiping dark gods, and their universe started to burst and spill over into others.

im suprised noone posted pics of his running crew

mr2xxx

Banned
Did you miss when Deadpool recently escaped the Marvel universe and killed the writers as they were writing the scene where he kills them? The meta-fiction is far more his schtick than anyone else's.

Sounds like he's the most powerful. Deadpool going to get killed by Richards, no problem. Steps out of comic threatens writer and automatic win.

PsychBat!

Banned
Sounds like he's the most powerful. Deadpool going to get killed by Richards, no problem. Steps out of comic threatens writer and automatic win.

Except he ended up failing to do even that. After that, he ended up killing more heroes of alternate realities and got bored. He decided to kill
works of fiction
instead, believing that the stories of characters like
Moby Dick and Sherlock Holmes
inspired the creation of the superheroes of today.

Turns out that that wasn't even going to end his or anyone else's existence either.

I'm not quite sure how she attained this power, but she got "comic awareness".

And yes, I know that Deadpool is aware that he's in a comic. It's just that reading his comics was like reading the old "What The?" comics and I never took him seriously. I mean, Howard the Duck also has "comic awareness".

I recall She-Hulk mentioning her "comic awareness" (to herself, or cryptically so nobody knew what she was talking about) even in serious storylines. If Deadpool has ever done this, then I don't know if it and I'll get schooled...
He's done it many times. One instance that comes to mind is when one character asked him when they last met and he replied (insert whatever number it actually was) "issue ___ page ___".

Slayven

No mentioning of pre retcon Molecule Man?

Hey, I can manipulate the entire multiverse.

But yeah. Franklin is insane powerful. And Doom wont touch kids. He has a code of ethics. Other villains don't won't a pissed off Reed or Sue. Reed is the man who makes doomsday devices for fun. Imagine what he would do when angry.

Pissed Reed is awesome. Dude would would literately watch the multiverse burn jsut to see Doom lose.

I want Marvel to re-introduce SHIELD's Leonardo DaVinci!
He and Tony would make great friends!

Cels

it's "yea" or nay. a lot of people make this mistake because "yea" and "yay" are homophones. it's meaningless, kind of like people writing "should of" instead of should've or should have.

MisterHero

let reed explain
ff5v5exj.jpg

his own powers + the ability to create and rewrite timelines and universes
prime_and_time_trappezae0b.jpg

and we have a possible son of Kingdom Come Superman. So powerful he was never used again
tumblr_m992zvphmr1rar99eia.jpg

Remmy2112

...and Tony Stark! Remember, Doctor Doom and Tony Stark sat down and made a time machine together from scratch!

Has Bruce Wayne ever done that? Nope.

I too am tired of people saying Batman is the strongest of all, when he has never come close to beating even Deathstroke, based on my knowledge.

Batman has beat Deathstroke on numerous occasions. Two memorable occasions was in a Batman comic where Deathstroke was trying to snipe someone and got stopped by Batman. They fought, Batman eventually won, then had to use the sniper rifle himself to save a person (not actually shooting at a living person, mind you) by making a shot that Deathstroke declared was impossible. It was a nod to Bruce Wayne's backstory that he had tried to join the FBI at one point but his aversion to guns prevented it. He hated the idea of using guns but he still trained to use them.

Another time was in the finale of Infinite Crisis. Batman took down Deathstroke singlehandedly. Unfortunately that fight happened offscreen in favor of showing Earth 1 and 2 Supermen trouncing Doomsday then fighting Superboy Prime.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Pissed Reed is awesome. Dude would would literately watch the multiverse burn jsut to see Doom lose.

And shit like this is why the Fantastic Four tends to get left out of Marvel events, they'd solve the problem too fast. You think Reed would have messed with against the phoenix force like Tony did?

akira28

Every continuity where Reed doesn't have Susan to balance him out, he turns evil and the universe ends in some fashion. Plus she's Franklin's mom. So the Invisible Woman is indirectly the most powerful.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Multiversal Reeds were all mostly likable bastards, but lawful evil to neutral evil. Destroy your planet for the "greater good" in a heartbeat.

To be fair 616 Reed isn't a whole lot better considering what he's been up to in New Avengers.

akira28

Did she die during the slaughter? I know she was alive before. And what did Reed do?

She broke up (I think she started going with the Thing, or that happened soon after. "He never appreciated you...like I do." (barf)) with him and he kind of locked himself in his room to listen to Linkin Park, and decided he needed to save humanity from itself. He was right, of course, but he no longer had any patience or niceness in him. So he just took the planet over, and everyone banded together to stop him, etc.

To be fair 616 Reed isn't a whole lot better considering what he's been up to in New Avengers.

yeah that's lame bullshit too. but it isn't New 52, so I won't complain.

ReiGun

She broke up (I think she started going with the Thing, or that happened soon after. "He never appreciated you...like I do." (barf)) with him and he kind of locked himself in his room to listen to Linkin Park, and decided he needed to save humanity from itself. He was right, of course, but he no longer had any patience or niceness in him. So he just took the planet over, and everyone banded together to stop him, etc.

tumblr_m0au5ce8wj1qir225o1_400.gif

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Also, I'm somewhat disappointed by the lack of Hope ITT.

fjIfiJ0.jpg

Girlfriend there is basically the host of the Phoenix force on top of every mutant out there. Good thing most of her powers are still unexplored.

Great character, too, although she needs competent writers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom