• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fact : Franklin Richards is the most powerful person in comics - Yay or Nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

The Ultimate universe is just plain full of dicks.

Cannibal Hulk is too much for me.

She broke up (I think she started going with the Thing, or that happened soon after. "He never appreciated you...like I do." (barf)) with him and he kind of locked himself in his room to listen to Linkin Park, and decided he needed to save humanity from itself. He was right, of course, but he no longer had any patience or niceness in him. So he just took the planet over, and everyone banded together to stop him, etc.

Too good.

She broke up (I think she started going with the Thing, or that happened soon after. "He never appreciated you...like I do." (barf)) with him and he kind of locked himself in his room to listen to Linkin Park, and decided he needed to save humanity from itself. He was right, of course, but he no longer had any patience or niceness in him. So he just took the planet over, and everyone banded together to stop him, etc.

Wat

Batman has beat Deathstroke on numerous occasions. Two memorable occasions was in a Batman comic where Deathstroke was trying to snipe someone and got stopped by Batman. They fought, Batman eventually won, then had to use the sniper rifle himself to save a person (not actually shooting at a living person, mind you) by making a shot that Deathstroke declared was impossible. It was a nod to Bruce Wayne's backstory that he had tried to join the FBI at one point but his aversion to guns prevented it. He hated the idea of using guns but he still trained to use them.

Another time was in the finale of Infinite Crisis. Batman took down Deathstroke singlehandedly. Unfortunately that fight happened offscreen in favor of showing Earth 1 and 2 Supermen trouncing Doomsday then fighting Superboy Prime.

the issue you mention is I believe Detective comics # 693. memory a bit hazy but Deathstroke was there to take down gunhawk whom he served with in the gulf war. gunhawk had become a contract killer but was reckless. Batman had learned sniper training under Henri Ducard.

Did she die during the slaughter? I know she was alive before. And what did Reed do?
After the Ultimate Fantastic Four disbanded (and Sue split up with him):
He intentionally killed his parents as part of an effort to fake his death, mind controlled a small alien force so he could break into a top secret SHIELD building where they keep all the crazily weird and powerful artefacts/technology, after getting caught and stopped he was left to die in the negative zone...

He secretly returned to Earth and established the "Children of Tomorrow" which was basically a lot of recruits living within a large enclosed dome. Time ran a lot faster inside the dome so 900 years passed inside but only a few months on the outside... which meant the recruits' descendents had been perfected into hyper-intelligent super humans. Reed was still alive and had heavily augmented his intelligence to the point where he now had a great big cone sized head (I'm not making that up).

The dome started expanding and consuming huge chunks of Europe...

Kraftwerk

On the subject of multiverses and different versions of the same character; has there been a story arc where a hero merges with 'himself/herself/itself' from another multiverse to become uber and that sort of thing?

J10

Banned
On the subject of multiverses and different versions of the same character; has there been a story arc where a hero merges with 'himself/herself/itself' from another multiverse to become uber and that sort of thing?

Back to Deadpool: The current miniseries 'Deadpool Kills Deadpool' has him traveling throughout the multiverse trying to kill every version of himself. (It's actually not the 'real' Deadpool doing this though. The real one is trying to stop this super twisted version.) There's one issue left to go.

MisterHero

Thought Robot Superman requires Superman and Ultraman from the Anti-matter Universe to work
Superman_CosmicVision-Web.png

Full page
3277073-0vrrp5.jpg

God, all these omnipotent beings kinda takes out the awe out of omnipotency.
They should do a massive arc of sort where every cosmic threat/power is killed off.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nay. Believe it or not, there are people even in the Marvel Universe that could eat Franklin's lunch. Not very many of them, mind you, but they're out there.
That's pretty impressive. I tried to eat one of his lunches once and it was disgusting. After about two mouthfuls I just looked at him and said "mate, you can create bloody universes and yet you managed to produce this? Bloody terrible." And it was just a toasted cheese and ham sandwich. How he cocked that up I'll never know.

After that telling off he produced a locker out of thin air and went to listen to Linkin Park.

Riposte

It's at the end of the fairly recent Abnett and Lanning cosmic stories run in Marvel. The upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie is based around some of this.

This is all required reading IMO. No way someone isn't a Guardians of the Galaxy fan after going through all that.

Final crisis was super cool.

Most people don't appreciate it. I'm such a Morrison fanboy, though.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Everything about evil reed(including the ending) was some of the worst shit ever. The fantastic four acting like douchebags and children is par the course for the ultmate world, but the only one who came outtakes that smelling like roses is johnny. I would have never thought they would have douchified the four, but it happened. So as far as I'm concerned, if the ultimate world dies, good riddance.

Hey Fialkov has done wonders with him as did Hickman.

And Reed's only good trait is his family devotion.

He has the most evil counterparts in the multiverse. I mean, council of Reeds.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'm a Marvel fan and I've never heard of him before - then again, I didn't stray outside of the mainstream stuff.

Sats

Banned
I'm not quite sure how she attained this power, but she got "comic awareness".

And yes, I know that Deadpool is aware that he's in a comic. It's just that reading his comics was like reading the old "What The?" comics and I never took him seriously. I mean, Howard the Duck also has "comic awareness".

I recall She-Hulk mentioning her "comic awareness" (to herself, or cryptically so nobody knew what she was talking about) even in serious storylines. If Deadpool has ever done this, then I don't know if it and I'll get schooled...

Deadpool has plenty of serious moments that too many people don't know about.

ReiGun

That's pretty impressive. I tried to eat one of his lunches once and it was disgusting. After about two mouthfuls I just looked at him and said "mate, you can create bloody universes and yet you managed to produce this? Bloody terrible." And it was just a toasted cheese and ham sandwich. How he cocked that up I'll never know.

After that telling off he produced a locker out of thin air and went to listen to Linkin Park.

Sue Storm's cooking is notoriously horrible. No wonder the lunch was terrible.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Also, I'm somewhat disappointed by the lack of Hope ITT.

fjIfiJ0.jpg

Girlfriend there is basically the host of the Phoenix force on top of every mutant out there. Good thing most of her powers are still unexplored.

Great character, too, although she needs competent writers.

glass cannons can never be the most powerful.

PsychBat!

Banned
Everything about evil reed(including the ending) was some of the worst shit ever. The fantastic four acting like douchebags and children is par the course for the ultmate world, but the only one who came outtakes that smelling like roses is johnny. I would have never thought they would have douchified the four, but it happened. So as far as I'm concerned, if the ultimate world dies, good riddance.

Well there's absolutely good news for you!

akira28

And Reed's only good trait is his family devotion.

He has the most evil counterparts in the multiverse. I mean, council of Reeds.
the fucking council of Reeds. When you say it, it almost sounds as mysteriously scary as it was. When I first saw them, I was in awe, I was like' wow all these Mr Fantastics from every universe. This is the greatest thing.' And then we find out that most of them are amoral and completely broken, powerwise. Some of them just chillen with their Infinity Gauntlets on their hips.

hahah what they all did to their respective Dooms made my brain pop out of the back of my head.

Parallax

the fucking council of Reeds. When you say it, it almost sounds as mysteriously scary as it was. When I first saw them, I was in awe, I was like' wow all these Mr Fantastics from every universe. This is the greatest thing.' And then we find out that most of them are amoral and completely broken, powerwise. Some of them just chillen with their Infinity Gauntlets on their hips.

hahah what they all did to their respective Dooms made my brain pop out of the back of my head.

is it said what happened to their namors? or were they a damn undersight like the one to 616's reed?

Parallax

I almost wrote a fanfic about a female Doom that onyl acts up because Reed spurned her.

honestly, i bet if there was a world with a male reed and female doom, or vice versa, the drama would be cut down dramatically.

Slayven

honestly, i bet if there was a world with a male reed and female doom, or vice versa, the drama would be cut down dramatically.

And Sue ends up with Namor or Black panther. No matter the universe Sue will be with a dude that can move worlds.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Just out of curiosity, as somebody who has never really followed FF except from a far with a long poking stick, did Marvel start writing about the borderline evil bastard Reed Richardses before or after this?

7p5wmYH.jpg

Vinci

Danish
I'm going with the earlier suggestion of Lucifer because the guy did ridiculously impressive shit while simultaneously dressing to the nines.

kswiston

Just out of curiosity, as somebody who has never really followed FF except from a far with a long poking stick, did Marvel start writing about the borderline evil bastard Reed Richardses before or after this?

7p5wmYH.jpg

No. This Reed Richards from the early-mid 90s traveled the multiverse killing other Reeds.

raider.jpg

In regular Marvel Universe, Galactus was prevented from eating the earth in his first meeting with the Fantastic Four because the Watcher let the team know about a weapon called the Ultimate Nullifier, capable of killing Galactus (and its user). The weapon was located on Galactus' super high tech ship, so Human Torch was sent to retrieve it. With the nullifier the FF were able to convince Galactus to abandon his plans for earth under threat of mutual destruction.

In Dark Raider Reed's reality, he went to retrieve the nullifier instead of Johnny. However, he is too distracted by all of the cool space gadgetry on Galactus' ship, and by the time he makes it back the earth had already been eaten.

NEO0MJ

Speaking of reality warpers, how powerful are 5th Dimension beings like Mr. Mxyzptlk in the grand scheme of things?

Alx

I'm going with the earlier suggestion of Lucifer because the guy did ridiculously impressive shit while simultaneously dressing to the nines.

If characters from the Sandman universe are considered, I would think that Delirium would be the most dangerous power, because she doesn't limit herself to logic. Because of that there is no clear understanding of what she can do, so nothing is really impossible to her. She can send anybody to crazy places that make no sense, knows things that aren't in Destiny's book...
But of course there is also Death of the Endless, we already know she'll be the last one standing in our universe.

Maledict

She isn't though - she has no claim on Lucifer, as she freely admits. He, Michael and their father are outside of the seven's influence or power as the comics make clear on several occasions.

Comparing Lucifer to other comic book characters devalues him though - the same as when people do it to Dr. Manhattan. It sort of misses the point. In their respective universes they are the most powerful beings around because their story relies on the, being the most powerful.

ReiGun

Speaking of reality warpers, how powerful are 5th Dimension beings like Mr. Mxyzptlk in the grand scheme of things?
They're crazy powerful, but being in our realm with its fewer dimensions limits their power.

Still, most beings in the 3rd dimension can't stand up to them in a direct confrontation. I imagine characters that are basically gods like the Guardians or the Anti-Monitor could fight them, but that's it.

There are people jsut as poweriful, or even more powerful like this dude right here.

Rs0FNnL.jpg

His power is to copy the powers of people around him and add plus one.

Look to where he eventually got.

718634-protege_tribunal.jpg

The LT, Eternity, and The Celestials had to come together like Voltron to trick him, not beat him, but trick him into defeat.

Nah, Scathan the Approver pretty much shut his ass down at will.

Zozz

Banned
wow, so nobody can agree on a single one huh?

I should start reading some comics, I'm always so fascinated by their absurdity/

NEO0MJ

Still, most beings in the 3rd dimension can't stand up to them in a direct confrontation. I imagine characters that are basically gods like the Guardians or the Anti-Monitor could fight them, but that's it.

I wonder how powerful the Anti-Monitor is compared to Galactus and Eternity.

NEO0MJ

current galactus or original galactus? Eternity doesnt really fight much he's supposed to be like...abstract or something.

He does fight, but they always end in a flash and in the next page they show is the result where he either wins or loses, usually the later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom