• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fact : Franklin Richards is the most powerful person in comics - Yay or Nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Is there a DC equivalent to Cosmic Marvel with the crazy gods and the like?

Only thing I've ever seen is that tosser Metatron in his stupid chair.

ReiGun

The New Gods are as close as I've seen. There's also the Guardians. They tried to make the Monitors happen for a while, but everyone agreed that was more trouble than it was worth. So they swept them away in Final Crisis.

Kusagari

runnersurfer1.jpg

The Runner shows up and clowns everyone mentioned in this topic.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

I mean they have the New Gods, actual mythological gods, and there were some stories with The Presence (iirc God in the Christian sense). The Spectre was actually working for God, the Justice League fought literal angels that time, and even had one join the team for a while.

Dc's cosmic stuff tends to be fairly Lantern focused, though there was some stuff with Vril Doc or whoever

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
The Runner relied on the Space Gem to do his stuff, once he lost it he was useless.

Last we saw of him he was turned into an infant and left for dead.

NEO0MJ

There's the Anti-Monitor, The Specter, Agent Orange,The Guardians, Entity Powered Lanterns, Nekron, and Madrakk. At least these come to mind right now.

Edit: You mean storylines? I guess the closest they got was with the Lanterns.

The endless would count right? I'm not really down with DC comics that much, but I was pretty sure that the Sandman world was part of the normal continuity.

marrec

Banned
The endless would count right? I'm not really down with DC comics that much, but I was pretty sure that the Sandman world was part of the normal continuity.

It is, and hasn't been ret-conned, mostly because the Endless hardly ever interact with normal DC continuity.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Haven't read comics in years but wasn't Infinity Gauntlet Thanos the most powerful besides LT?

i honestly dont know if the Living Tribunal got involved or was able to stop him.... but yeah he beat everyone else

collector, eon, order chaos, celestials, galactus, eternity...maybe infinity was there...some elder gods...maybe.. either way he beat everyones ass .

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
y'all are smokin' crack.

Apocalypse is thee most powerful, no argument needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYt78FWfa5M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6fsky8mlis

psssh theres a reason apocalypse stays in xmen comics....he'd get his ass beat by

Thor
FF4
Vision
Ultron
Doom
Kang
Dr Strange
Silver Surfer
Ghost Rider
Hulk
She Hulk
Red hulk
Red She Hulk
Loki
Heimdall
Wonder Man
Hyperion *lol such a troll on superman *
Iron Man
War Machine
Black Bolt
Namor
Blackheart
Captain Marvel
Beta Ray Bill
Super Skrull

the list goes on and on and on. Stupid Celestial lackey mutant, honestly with some of the people on Xmen now i dont think he could mess with them either.

But indeed his quotes are all time great

"I am the rocks uponnnnn the eternallll shore crash upon me , and be BROKEN!"

I bet on batman or Hulk fused banner. Or how Stan lee puts it, if hulk was written properly no one could defeat him, cosmic, god or otherwise. /bias

oh?

Wundarr_the_Aquarian.png

psssh theres a reason apocalypse stays in xmen comics....he'd get his ass beat by...

most of those aren't capable of defeating Apocalypse. Remember that En Sabah nur has conquered the earth twice (once in AoA, a second time in the year 3000), and mindwiped the entire inhuman royal family into his slaves. Black Bolt was completely useless against him.

akira28

Apoc exists to be beaten, because they made him too potentially powerful, so it becomes an amazing feat to win against him and his eternal machinations. Dude brings in thousands of dollars in annual issues that you can put in the bank. But Worfing him like that, with that? "Your mind is a magnet"? Fuck.

That wasn't apocalypse. That was a construct created by Wanda for house of M. The Actual Apocalypse was dead at the time. There was also a questionable panel that had that apocalypse disintegrated by a whisper from black bolt. The real apocalypse has tanked full out screams with no damage.

Slayven

Apoc exists to be beaten, because they made him too potentially powerful, so it becomes an amazing feat to win against him and his eternal machinations. Dude brings in thousands of dollars in annual issues that you can put in the bank. But Worfing him like that, with that? "Your mind is a magnet"? Fuck.

He always been a paper tiger.

That wasn't apocalypse. That was a construct created by Wanda for house of M. The Actual Apocalypse was dead at the time. There was also a questionable panel that had that apocalypse disintegrated by a whisper from black bolt. The real apocalypse has tanked full out screams with no damage.
Poccy has always sucked no matter the universe. Best thing he ever did was Archangel.

Poccy has always sucked no matter the universe. Best thing he ever did was Archangel.

Disagree. Apocalypse was literally unbeatable until killed on the moon via plot device in Xfactor 68 (69?). Beating the tar out of Loki in Acts of Vengeance and power draining him when Loki was stupid enough to try and trick him was a high point.

He's also handed Ikaris, The High Evolutionary, and the Hulk(?!) their asses 1 on 1.

AFTER that, they started the "Apocalypse is using host bodies" business and he got massively powered down.

Slayven

Apocalypse has always been my favorite. Such a boss character, and has the best quotes.

Until he meets a real G. Like Dracula.

x-men%2Bapocalypse%2Bdracula%2B%25234.jpg

Disagree. Apocalypse was literally unbeatable until killed on the moon via plot device in Xfactor 68 (69?). Beating the tar out of Loki in Acts of Vengeance and power draining him when Loki was stupid enough to try and trick him was a high point.

He's also handed Ikaris, The High Evolutionary, and the Hulk(?!) their asses 1 on 1.

AFTER that, they started the "Apocalypse is using host bodies" business and he got massively powered down.

Dude has clestial tech adn bee around for forever and a a day. All things consider he should be a serious threat. But dude doesn't ever get shit done. His biggest win was due to Legion fucking up.

Zeroth

I remember last time I brought God Man, I found out that he was already outclassed by some comic book characters, even though he was originally created as a parody of the ever increasingly powerful comic characters.

Nope. Did not know he was this powerful.

Tomb of Dracula basically established a sort of "you'll never really beat Dracula" essence to the character, not to mention him being seriously overpowered when all the abilities get used by a writer (mist form and mind control in particular). Oh, you've finally staked him and his ashes are orbiting the sun? Well guess what here comes Halley's Comet to create a shadow and gravity out the bits of stake. Better luck next time, Harker.
She isn't though - she has no claim on Lucifer, as she freely admits. He, Michael and their father are outside of the seven's influence or power as the comics make clear on several occasions.

Comparing Lucifer to other comic book characters devalues him though - the same as when people do it to Dr. Manhattan. It sort of misses the point. In their respective universes they are the most powerful beings around because their story relies on the, being the most powerful.
While true from a story standpoint, iirc Lucifer is trapped in his in-universe universe sealed off by Yahweh, while Franklin presumably would be able to access universes outside of 616.

that seems like a cool little Flash tribute

unfortunately, my reaction now is "fuck Barry Allen" because of DC's recent nonsense.

I was really annoyed that Flashpoint's story is practically The Simpson's Time and Punishment with Barry Allen playing Homer's part :/
RaAhBBk4Tke5n9ou0Fy65S3zo1_500.png

Slayven

Funny thing about Marvel vampires. There is a spell that once done will destroy all vampires on earth and stop them from coming back. And a spell to create vampires.

The destroy vampires is in the book of evil magic, and the spell to create vampires is in the good book of magic.

that seems like a cool little Flash tribute

unfortunately, my reaction now is "fuck Barry Allen" because of DC's recent nonsense.

pretty much what it was. story was terrible though, and anyone that could actually fly (say, surfer) was excluded. the "race" was strictly on foot.

Runner later revealed that he could have gone faster but chose not to- going that fast carried a risk of being "stuck" in a state of super speed, which completely and totally contradicts just about every instance of super speed in the MU.

Ferrio

Banned
So is the infinity gauntlet still around? Seems silly to have that thing around if it'll let you bypass everyone except for one guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom