• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
I liked Beyond Two Souls and Fahrenheit, didn't like Omnikron (from what I can remember about it) and Heavy Rain though.

Someone else post a Press X to Jason .gif because I'm too lazy to do it at the moment.

1388726-heavy_rain_jason_super.jpg

How do you lose track of a child with that face?

zeemumu

Out of the three, heavy rain was the only one I kinda liked. Indigo Prophecy was too weird and Beyond Two Souls tried too hard. I already guided Ellen Page through an apocalypse in The Last of Us, don't make me do it again.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Went for drinks with the future mother of my children. This was probably one of our best pictures.

qYWhOKJ.jpg

fuck

I'm shocked I don't have the most brutal hangover this morning. These things are so random.

I'd sell my soul for a good Final Fantasy. It's been so long.......

Negative_Man.png

Oh, fuck FF in the ass already. Goddamned stale shit show. How could Squeenix manage to screw a franchise so bad despite being largely an athology series? Fuck them like Aerith.

Give me more classic Mana games.

Best Square game ever. Bizarrely enough it was released as Final Fantasy Adventure in some parts of the world because fuck you, Square did what Square did, and apparently they thought the similarities with actual FF games were big enough to merit the change.

NinjaBoiX

I thought Heavy Rain was in turns really clever and boneheaded as hell. The story in general made very little sense, and there were some gargantuan "are you fucking kidding me?" plot holes that I can't believe made it into the game, but the odd sequence that was incredibly inventive. The sequence near the start where you are playing as Ethan, play fighting with your sons in the yard is ingenuous.

Your initial, in-built response is to follow the on screen prompts verbatim as well as possible, but do this and you "win" the play fight easily and your sons go off in a huff.

However if you miss every prompt then you "lose" to obviously and they lose interest saying you aren't even trying.

The trick is to miss enough that your sons feel like they are winning but hit just enough of the prompts to maintain the subterfuge that you are really trying to beat them.

I was like, "woah, that's like, art imitating life in videogame form". Genius.

Yooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Oh, fuck FF in the ass already. Goddamned stale shit show. How could Squeenix manage to screw a franchise so bad despite being largely an athology series? Fuck them like Aerith.

Give me more classic Mana games.

Best Square game ever. Bizarrely enough it was released as Final Fantasy Adventure in some parts of the world because fuck you, Square did what Square did, and apparently they thought the similarities with actual FF games were big enough to merit the change.

Someone who unironically loves Mystic Quest...

It is time to stop.

giphy.gif

zeemumu

I work at Lowes.

Retail man, the public never tires of their need for mulch and lawnmowers.

Yeah I feel ya, man. At least you don't have to handle clothes, though. Removing hangars from a mountain of clothes takes waaaay too much time, and people always seem to grab at least one shirt that doesn't have a barcode tag on it and it either has to be entered by hand or I have to go find the price myself.

Be grateful that Lowe's will have minimal damage on black friday. If I don't post anything a few days after black friday then I've probably been killed.

zeemumu

People are fucking stupid on black Friday.

I don't even bother. Not worth the fucking hassle to save some money. Repugnant tbh.

All I ever buy on black friday are games, and I found out last year that Amazon has pretty much the same deals online, so there's no reason for me to go this time, unless I have to work, of course. Maybe I should bring a cyanide capsule to bite down on in case things get to bad. But then again, do you know what it does to you? Hydrogen cyanide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom