• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2010 Anime Thread: Reboots, Retreads, and Rediscovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
7Th said:
Another anime season, another thread of nostalgia bitches crying about how anime was much better in the past.

Totally missed that.
But, another anime thread where 7th is whining about nostalgic fans again, oh noes!

duckroll

Why doesn't the OP list starting dates for shows, and why doesn't it indicate which shows are going to be simulcast either raw (nicovideo) or subbed (FUNi, Crunchyroll)? Stuff like that should be standard now with the direction the industry is moving in.

zoku88

DrForester said:
7172v9.jpg
Hanamaru is actually good, though :(

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Kagari said:
Totally missed that.
But, another anime thread where 7th is whining about nostalgic fans again, oh noes!

Even nostalgia can't make Zeta Gundam any good! :p

7Th

Wow, the newest Star Driver PV is amazing.

duckroll said:
Why doesn't the OP list starting dates for shows, and why doesn't it indicate which shows are going to be simulcast either raw (nicovideo) or subbed (FUNi, Crunchyroll)? Stuff like that should be standard now with the direction the industry is moving in.

I'm kinda iffy on the first part, but you're totally right about the second one. I'll go back to edit mentions of simulcasting in the OP.

duckroll

7Th said:
I'm kinda iffy on the first part, but you're totally right about the second one. I'll go back to edit mentions of simulcasting in the OP.

Well, I think the start dates are less important than like, the airing day and time. It would be nice for people to know when a show generally airs, so they either know when to catch the simulcast or when to expect a new episode to be released shortly.

Hmm... dunno about this season. Maybe I'll watch the new Gainax. For all their missteps, I still have faith in them.

I spend most of my time with my girlfriend nowadays. The amount of moe, loli, and fan service these days puts new anime in the severe danger zone, and I don't have much time to watch anything on my own.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
You didn't credit me for giving you the idea for the thread title you slutbag!

Going to check out:
Star Driver
OreImo
Panty & Stocking
Kuragehime
The World God Only Knows
A Certain Magical Index S2
MM!
Yosuga no Sora
Otome Youkai Zakuro

Cowie

InfiniteNine said:
You didn't credit me for giving you the idea for the thread title you slutbag!

Going to check out:

i think you did something horribly wrong

edit: haha you caught it before my post showed up

At first I thought 'okay, he's going to give everything a shot?'

and then I thought '...okay, he's going to watch everything twice?'

...and then it got worse.

flawfuls

Nonoriri said:
Yeah man I haven't watched anime in over 15 years but I remember it being so badass and awesome, now there's all this girly shit. The fuck happened?!

Oh and I've got a patented guide for this season for you guys:

http://boonce.org/up/banner1.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://boonce.org/up/banner2.png[IMG][IMG]http://boonce.org/up/gundam.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

This is probably what I'll watch + maybe Otome Youkai Zakuro.

Nonoriri

B.K. said:
Which ones sound promising? They all sound like crap to me.

Panty and Stocking, Kuragehime, Star Driver and Yozakura Quartet (not new but new at the same time) for "new" stuff, OreImo for lolwhatamIwatching fans and Gundam Unicorn for Gundam fans.

In GAINAX I trust.

Panty & Stocking looks like a sexually charged Powerpuff Girls on crack, acid and ecstasy at once. Will watch.

Oh and I already have Unicorn 2 Blu-ray preordered from Amazon.
HYPEHYPEHYPE

And the thread title should have said "can't be this moe" or "kawaii".

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Cowie said:
i think you did something horribly wrong

edit: haha you caught it before my post showed up

At first I thought 'okay, he's going to give everything a shot?'

and then I thought '...okay, he's going to watch everything twice?'

...and then it got worse.
Honestly, I probably am going to watch everything but not that much. :lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The two Shinbo/Shaft shows for me. Maybe Bakuman if it turns out to be more of a commentary on the audience than shitty manga/anime references like the Little Sister anime looks like it'll turn out to be.

Also, lack of Tamayura in OP makes me sad. :(

Branduil

Yeah the OP could be better done considering you had months to do it.

PSG
Star Driver
Bakuman
OYZ
Shinryaku! Ika Musume
Shinra Tantei Yakumo
Yozakura Quartet

Hopefully at least two of these are good.

Lafiel said:
Wow what a lame season there's not one show i'm going watch here. Anime is dead. Deader then dead.
You could say its.. undead

Will Checkout:
My Sister Can't Be This Cute - uguu moe
The World Only God Knows - it's Mangalobe
Yet the Town Keeps Going (SoreMachi) - Shaft even though I didn't like wacky Arakawa
Bakuman - sort of heard decent following for manga
Index 2 - hopefully less filler than railgun

Railgun OVA - some action please
Unicorn 2 - It's a gundam!

Would like to watch Samurai Girls if they just like cut the script altogether and just made it action like QB/Ikkitousen etc nonstop facepalming.

Others will checkout based on hype (avoiding of pre-airing hype)

Well, I'll be checking out Pokemon (once I finish DP), Tegami Bachi, Bakuman and Star Driver. I'll probably hold off on anything else until there's positive word of mouth on it.

Pirabear

Banned
Panty/Stocking and Stardriver are on my definite watch list. PS for the delicious Gainax animation and Stardriver because it will probably be the most FAAAABULOUS show in quite some time. Cautiously optimistic on Bakuman and The World God Only Know's adaptation.

firehawk12 said:
Maybe Bakuman if it turns out to be more of a commentary on the audience than shitty manga/anime references like the Little Sister anime looks like it'll turn out to be.

It's more about the whole process with some fake romance sprinkled on.

FnordChan

7Th said:
Another anime season, another thread of nostalgia bitches crying about how anime was much better in the past.

This past weekend I wound up re-watching some Maison Ikkoku episodes and Patlabor P-series OVAs. I'm here to tell you that, yes, anime was much better in the past. This is objective fact. I can prove it on the back of an envelope.

As for this season, I'm going to check out Panty & Stocking, Star Driver, and Kuragehime. I guess. Maybe. The only thing I really give a shit about lately is Gundam Unicorn and the Black Lagoon OVAs.

FnordChan

Nonoriri

Fall 2010 Anime Thread of We Take Ourselves Seriously Around These Parts.

Defuser

Most awesome season ever! I miss fnord's threads.

My picks:
Motherfucking To Aru Majutsu no Index 2.
Ore Imouto
The World God Only Knows
Bakuman
Stardriver
Hakuouki 2

and a bunch of shows which I forget the name.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Nonoriri said:
Fall 2010 Anime Thread of We Take Ourselves Seriously Around These Parts.
Hey, wading through anime is hard enough as it is.

Seriously though, the original OP was incredibly obnoxious.

Nonoriri

Hitokage said:
Hey, wading through anime is hard enough as it is.

Seriously though, the original OP was incredibly obnoxious.

Understandably so, I guess since I'm very aware of what I'm watching already it didn't bug me at all. :p

Defuser

Oh and 7th should be banned from making anime threads after all the threatening and posting on making a fall thread.
You let me down man :( :lol

Geneijin

I guess there's no further information on Mayo elle Otokonoko? I think it's an OVA now and not a TV series. A Fall release date would be nice.

The second volume of Ichijinsha's WAaI! boys in skirts magazine is shipping on July 24 with the announcement of the launch of a new otokonoko ("male maidens" or boys in skirts) anime called Mayo elle Otokonoko.

"A beautiful big school on a cape by the sea: elementary, middle school, high school -- even a kindergarten. A crest featuring stars and a unicorn, and the name: Galaxy Private Academy (Shiritsu Ginga Gakuen). A liberal arts school producing performers for stage, screen, net and television, and a student body of 600 otoko joshi (male females). It's spring, and a lone boy transfers in to the middle school, with determination in his heart. The school encourages students to understand the opposite sex, so...."

Director: Keiichiro Kawaguchi (Hayate the Combat Butler!, Moetan, Nyan Koi, Princess Resurrection)
Screenplay: Nobuhiko Amagawa (Taishou Yakyuu Musume, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun)
Character Design: Kikuko Sadakata (Princess Resurrection, Shikabane Hime)
Original Character Designs: POP (Moetan)
Animation Production: Actas (Moetan)

Cast
Kana Hanazawa (Bakemonogatari - Nadeko)
Saki Fugita (Ookami-san - Mana Kuzumi)
Ayumi Fujimura (Kaichou Wa Maid-sama - Misaki Ayuzawa)
Yuka Iguchi - (Toaru Majutsu no Index - Index)
Makiguchi Mayuki - (Kimi no Todoke - Eriko Hirano)
Sources: ANN, moetron, animesuki

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Defuser said:
Oh and 7th should be banned from making anime threads after all the threatening and posting on making a fall thread.
You let me down man :( :lol
Someone should have just made the thread and post the fall chart. It would have been more informative then how this thread turned out.

Replicant

I was going to say that this seems to be the only decent series in the list...

7Th said:
vcug3s_25_zpsc25befaf.jpg

Shinra Tantei Yakumo (Bee Train)

Adaptation of the popular light novel series of the same name. A young man uses his special ability to talk to ghosts to solve murder mysteries.

But then I read "Bee Train". So my list goes back to 0. :lol

trejo

I'll probably check the first episodes of most of those and then start dropping shit accordingly.

Oh, we're hating on 7th? Cool.

7th I hate you, you slutbag!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom