• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2010 Anime Thread: Reboots, Retreads, and Rediscovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

I just can't get over how bad the dogfights look though maybe it's because I'm coming straight from DYRL but I don't even remember SDFs being this static and boring.

the ponytail doesn't suit Max at all :(

Also I'm pretty sure I saw Big Ben and like most of the Eiffle Tower, did they just grab that from Earth or something?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Reknoc said:
I just can't get over how bad the dogfights look though maybe it's because I'm coming straight from DYRL but I don't even remember SDFs being this static and boring.
I had the same issue coming right off of DYRL. And they do look shitty in the beginning of Macross 7. Animation picks up across the board over the course of the show though.

B.K. said:
You say that like it's a bad thing. It's about damn time they rereleased Mobile Suit Gundam!

Indeed, I'm glad the show is finally being re-released. And with Crunchyroll putting it and Zeta up, no one has an excuse for not watching both series.

Reknoc

DY_nasty said:
I had the same issue coming right off of DYRL. And they do look shitty in the beginning of Macross 7. Animation picks up across the board over the course of the show though.

Yea it was already slightly better in episode 3, well at least it looked like the bullets were actually hitting something unlike in 1 and 2 where they just flew off into some void and ships would just blow up.

Joule

MM! 2: This show's not bad, the set up is fairly similar to Working which I enjoyed. We got the masochist (also voiced by Jun Fukuyama who played the main in Working) who has to deal with a girl that has androphobia (also tsundere like in Working). She's okay with him because she thinks of him as more a dog than a person (in Working it was think of the dude as female by making him crossdress). Funny enough there is already a crossdresser who gets into a total pompous ojou-sama type when he gets too into it.

The gags aren't bad. Amusing. I'll probably keep watching this. The Working similarities certainly help while I await another season of that show : ( .

Also watched the Sora no Woto episode 13 and then I realized I hadn't even watched the 7.5 episode yet. I think I need a refresher on the series though. Don't quite remember what was the Roman's version of the Flame Maiden legend. I'm sure someone here can jog my memory though. :lol

Episode 13: Yumina-san Kanata-san Yumina-san Kanata-san Yumina-san Kanata-san Yumina-san Kanata-san... Also something about dreams or whatever.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
firehawk12 said:
Huh, just reading some NYAF news and Bandai announced TGWLTT Blu Ray... no need to import from the UK/AUS now at least.
OH FUCK YESSSSS!
kSLDP.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Joule said:
MM! 2: This show's not bad, the set up is fairly similar to Working which I enjoyed. We got the masochist (also voiced by Jun Fukuyama who played the main in Working) who has to deal with a girl that has androphobia (also tsundere like in Working). She's okay with him because she thinks of him as more a dog than a person (in Working it was think of the dude as female by making him crossdress). Funny enough there is already a crossdresser who gets into a total pompous ojou-sama type when he gets too into it.

The gags aren't bad. Amusing. I'll probably keep watching this. The Working similarities certainly help while I await another season of that show : ( .

I'm surprised they actually gave that girl a legit reason to hate men, because I was expecting some kind of cheap gag.

That the crossdressing character suddenly gains confidence when complemented was amusing though. Like with most forms of alternate sexual identity in anime/manga, most people are fairly accepting.

Also watched the Sora no Woto episode 13 and then I realized I hadn't even watched the 7.5 episode yet. I think I need a refresher on the series though. Don't quite remember what was the Roman's version of the Flame Maiden legend. I'm sure someone here can jog my memory though. :lol

Episode 13: Yumina-san Kanata-san Yumina-san Kanata-san Yumina-san Kanata-san Yumina-san Kanata-san... Also something about dreams or whatever.
7.5 was... mostly a moe-service episode. The girls get drunk and have happy hijinks together.

The Roman legend is that the maidens tried to save the angel and the villagers tried to kill them when they found out. The Helvetican version is that the angel was dying and the maidens sacrificed themselves in order to stop its bleeding.
It's funny, because Kanata being selected to perform the ceremony is another example of contrition on everyone's part.

InfiniteNine said:
OH FUCK YESSSSS!
http://imgur.com/kSLDP.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Indeed. No crazy pics of her though? :lol

Joule

firehawk12 said:
I'm surprised they actually gave that girl a legit reason to hate men, because I was expecting some kind of cheap gag.

That the crossdressing character suddenly gains confidence when complemented was amusing though. Like with most forms of alternate sexual identity in anime/manga, most people are fairly accepting.
I was expecting the reason to be related to the divorce of her parents but the evil lecherous senpai works too.

On that crossdressing bit, it's going to be good when Hourou Musuko finally hits.

The Roman legend is that the maidens tried to save the angel and the villagers tried to kill them when they found out. The Helvetican version is that the angel was dying and the maidens sacrificed themselves in order to stop its bleeding.
It's funny, because Kanata being selected to perform the ceremony is another example of contrition on everyone's part.

I knew I could count on you firehawk.

tafer

So... one of the moe lords of this forum posted this, recently:

7NRCW.gif

For reasons I'm not going to discuss I have to ask, what series is this from!? :lol

Takao

Banned
"Officer, it's their fault. They left their door open, and I walked in and took some things. I was only teaching them a lesson."

Yep, Anime Fandom, staying classy since 2003.

As for MSG, I have no issue in it being re-released. It's just that Gundam has never been a big series in North America, add it being the original series with its 1970's style, means I hope Bandai doesn't print much.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
InfiniteNine said:
http://imgur.com/0saom.jpg[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

Chie!
What's the reference in the first one?

[QUOTE=Joule]I was expecting the reason to be related to the divorce of her parents but the evil lecherous senpai works too.

On that crossdressing bit, it's going to be good when Hourou Musuko finally hits.

I knew I could count on you firehawk.[/QUOTE]

Men suck!
I've been avoiding Hourou Musuko "spoilers" for the most part, but the "spiteful" coming out in Aoi Hana was hilarious.

Sora no Woto is still on my mind, including that French song. Damn episode 13. :lol

Joule

firehawk12 said:
Chie!
What's the reference in the first one?

It's a character (Sakuya Izayoi) from Touhou).

I've been avoiding Hourou Musuko "spoilers" for the most part, but the "spiteful" coming out in Aoi Hana was hilarious.
You just reminded me there's a new chapter that I haven't read yet.

----

On that ANN OreImo leak: They really could of uh had some sort of protection or at least hid it better. Reminds me of the One Piece leak from Funimation awhile back.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The Tokikake poster parodies are funny but I wish there was more character fanart for it :(

Branduil

Joule said:
It's a character (Sakuya Izayoi) from Touhou).

You just reminded me there's a new chapter that I haven't read yet.

----

On that ANN OreImo leak: They really could of uh had some sort of protection or at least hid it better. Reminds me of the One Piece leak from Funimation awhile back.
Why do these websites keep leaving their stuff on unsecured servers?

Haly

7Th said:
You clearly aren't looking hard enough...
I went through every page of pixiv for Tokikake!

What more do you want from me.

Haly

There wasn't enough variety. Everything's Chiaki + Makoto + Kousuke being all BEST FRIEND FOREVER.

Or those poster parodies.

COME ON JAPAN.

MAKOTO AND CHIAKI AT TANABATA, THE MOVIE EVEN SUGGESTS IT.

7Th

Aigis said:
It's their first streaming series too isn't it? Probably not the best way to start..

Nah, they've been streaming stuff for a while now. Hell, this isn't even their first leak. Some Mitsudomoe episodes also got "taken" from their server before their supposed release date.

7Th

Takao said:
I believe the icecream show is their first "simulcast". They've been streaming stuff for the past year or two.

Oh, yeah. The Mitsudomoe leak was Crunchyroll's fault. :lol

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Got to see the first 15~ minutes of Gundam Unicorn 02. Full Frontal is an amusing name, his mobile suit thing
goes 3x as fast as the rest!

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
anime gaf: recommend me shit awesome OVA's like Denpa teki na Kanojo. I know about Black Lagoon's OVA seaon which saddens me since it's not a new season but if there's any anything even remotely related to Black Lagoon or Denpa teki na Kanojo in terms of ultra violence, mild to whatever nudity, sadistic brutality and/or action, post them OVA's!!

I don't mind OVA's from the 90's too.

Branduil

Verano said:
anime gaf: recommend me shit awesome OVA's like Denpa teki na Kanojo. I know about Black Lagoon's OVA seaon which saddens me since it's not a new season but if there's any anything even remotely related to Black Lagoon or Denpa teki na Kanojo in terms of ultra violence, mild to whatever nudity, sadistic brutality and/or action, post them OVA's!!

Higurashi?

Blackheim

Verano said:

Megazone 23
Devilman (The Birth, The Demon Bird & Amon: Apocalypse of Devilman)
Apocalypse Zero
Shigurui

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Pandaman said:
http://i52.tinypic.com/ab41sk.gif[IMG]

is it wise to spray a matress with bug stray, health wise?

i might just put up with it until my futon arrives.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://imgur.com/R2U2n.jpg

Probably not, so it might be better to put up with it. Glad you aren't homeless now so you can participate in more crazy happenings~!

Proelite

Iron man was great this week IMO. Hopefully the battles are just as well scripted in the future. Excited to see what that thing was in the end.

Jex

Nonoriri said:
Got to see the first 15~ minutes of Gundam Unicorn 02. Full Frontal is an amusing name, his mobile suit thing
goes 3x as fast as the rest!
This makes perfect sense.
Branduil said:
Why do these websites keep leaving their stuff on unsecured servers?
You get that kind of quality employee when you pay whatever wage they're getting, I imagine.
firehawk12 said:
Yeah, I mentioned that earlier. So dub fans will get to be mad I guess.
There goes half your possible audience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom