• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2010 Anime Thread: Reboots, Retreads, and Rediscovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKTrix

Foxix said:
I just finished Heroman.

Guys, I won't lie I actually shed a tear while watching the series :(
Because it was bad?
QCQ2s.jpg

Sorry, I just saw an opening that screamed out, "Attack!" So, I did.
I liked Heroman enough. Don't think I ever got close to that, though.

But guys, Trigun!

Edit: More people in this thread need to watch Fist of the North Star.

tiff

Banned
Dresden said:
If that was too much of a spoiler, I'll remove it.
I'm not watching the show or anything, I just meant that it's a little too gruesome for me.

I won't tell you to take it down or anything, though.

MCD

I'd rather have these images in links instead of image tags since I am planning on watching the show but not a big deal anyway.

JKTrix

8hy8m.jpg

Nice glasses.

Fun movie, as expected. Though Ippo New Challenger was probably a little weaker because of this. If I could have made the choice I'd have rather delayed New Challenger until the director was done with this, so he could go back.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Legend of Galactic Heroes - 23

Did Oberstein lie about the timing of the nuclear attack?

This has been excellent so far...

7Th

Hypertrooper said:
I don't know but they will be new episode from P&S, Index II and Star Driver over Christmas, right?

I know for certain that at least P&S and Star Driver aren't taking any breaks next week.

duckroll

Vincent Alexander said:
Could someone do me a big favor? I can't start a new thread as I'm a Junior Member, but I really want to discuss Japan's new Youth Ordinance Bill that was successfully passed and see what people think. I wonder how our anime viewing will be affected?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2010-12-17/tokyo-governor/restricted-works-are-for-those-with-warped-dna

Being a Junior Member is not an excuse for failure to use search.

7Th said:
I know for certain that at least P&S and Star Driver aren't taking any breaks next week.

Star Driver is taking a break after next week though.

Wow, there is a search. Since Neogaf removed the good one, I never tried the google one. Makes going through pages looking for it a lot easier. Thank ya much.
Blader5489 said:
Wait, the Trigun movie came out? When!?
Actually just watched it a few nights ago---pretty damn good.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

EDIT: Oh wait I thought it was something about S2

Jex

luka said:
I need to not buy it. Someone stop me, quick!

My cursor is hovering over "place order" oh god help!
Man, having no cash is very liberating. True freedom and all that.

What's not so cool is my internet today. Slowing to below a crawl is not acceptable. It shouldn't take 20 minutes to load one Maria+Holic picture.

Star Driver

Takuto unintentionally building up a Harem :lol

Head still does nothing much

and is there some record number where a protagonist does not lose and is he there yet.

Branduil

Infinite Justice said:
Star Driver

Takuto unintentionally building up a Harem :lol

Head still does nothing much

and is there some record number where a protagonist does not lose and is he there yet.
At least Takuto actually has enough charisma to make gaining a harem faintly possible, as opposed to another Bones mecha anime that involves girls in paintings and alternate dimension's protagonist who shall go nameless.

JKTrix

Branduil said:
At least Takuto actually has enough charisma to make gaining a harem faintly possible, as opposed to another Bones mecha anime that involves girls in paintings and alternate dimension's protagonist who shall go nameless.

Branduil
Makes statements regarding
a mech anime despite having
never seen it in a language
he understands
(Today, 09:20 PM)

Hey, chicks dig artists. On that note, the RahXephon never lost either, but that's because it's already God.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
cosmicblizzard said:
Index II

I figured Himegami was dead. Totally forgot you can just use curaga in this universe. Explains Touma's underwhelming reaction.

Wait, that's the character from that gif? She explodes but doesn't die? :lol

sphagnum

Banned
So I'm watching Occult Academy for the first time, and I like it so far. I think it focuses a bit too much on character episodes rather than plot since it's only 13 episodes long, and I wish it was a bit creepier considering the subject matter, but it's pretty entertaining overall.

I just finished episode 10, and if the preview for episode 11 is anything to go by it looks like the series is really going to ramp up for the finale. :lol

jman2050

cosmicblizzard said:
Index II

I figured Himegami was dead. Totally forgot you can just use curaga in this universe. Explains Touma's underwhelming reaction.

We all know she's not actually going to stay dead (though it'd be of no consequence either way) let me just revel in someone "dying" for at least a week :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
sphagnum said:
So I'm watching Occult Academy for the first time, and I like it so far. I think it focuses a bit too much on character episodes rather than plot since it's only 13 episodes long, and I wish it was a bit creepier considering the subject matter, but it's pretty entertaining overall.

I just finished episode 10, and if the preview for episode 11 is anything to go by it looks like the series is really going to ramp up for the finale. :lol

I think most people seem to hate the finale because of how insane it gets. :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
firehawk12 said:
Wait, that's the character from that gif? She explodes but doesn't die? :lol
nothing dies within 10 kilometers of heaven's canceler.

touma's arm was torn off and he was fine.

jman2050 said:
We all know she's not actually going to stay dead (though it'd be of no consequence either way) let me just revel in someone "dying" for at least a week :(

But she isn't dead at all. They aren't bringing her back to life, they're just fixing her wounds. Right now, she is classified as "injured".

cosmicblizzard said:
But she isn't dead at all. They aren't bringing her back to life, they're just fixing her wounds. Right now, she is classified as "injured".
What are they doing about her losing all her blood in an instant? :lol

zoku88

Hellsing321 said:
Scoop it up and put it back in?

I don't watch this series. Is it really so retarded that that girl in the gif lives?

jman2050

Hellsing321 said:

zoku88 said:
Scoop it up and put it back in?

I don't watch this series. Is it really so retarded that that girl in the gif lives?

Magic Espers Magic

Yes, the show is stupid as all hell

flawfuls

I wonder why more people don't use the seemingly unavoidable "make people explode at will" spell, you would think it would be pretty useful. Too bad Miss I never use the same attack twice already used it, but I guess drastic measures were needed to defeat the terrifying Himegami.

Dresden

jman2050 said:
Wow I was right on, it IS far more enjoyable talking about Index as opposed to actually watching it.
You should all be thankful I took the bullet and watched it long enough to get to that gif'd part.

I mean, I would've watched it anyways, whatevs yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom