• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 25 END
"C2, this is not the time for jokes."

Watch out, Orangeboy.

Nina is completely the worst.

It's suddenly daytime.

I am seeing a lot of things.

Words words words

VVV

CC wins.

WOW

SO SHOOT

Okay, so that's the end of the first season.

Here's my beef:
Okay, so they basically just roped everyone into tuning in for the next season. We have LITERALLY learned NOTHING about the nature of anything, tons of great characters have been ruined (or are dead) for the sake of the story, and there is absolutely no resolution to be found.

I guess that's how season finales end, but can you imagine if the show was cancelled right then and there?

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion receives a score of
3 Sword Art Onlines
or
0.6 Tengen Toppa Gurren Laganns

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
"C2, this is not the time for jokes."

Watch out, Orangeboy.

Nina is completely the worst.

It's suddenly daytime.

I am seeing a lot of things.

Words words words

VVV

CC wins.

WOW

SO SHOOT

Okay, so that's the end of the first season.

Here's my beef:
Okay, so they basically just roped everyone into tuning in for the next season. We have LITERALLY learned NOTHING about the nature of anything, tons of great characters have been ruined (or are dead) for the sake of the story, and there is absolutely no resolution to be found.

I guess that's how season finales end, but can you imagine if the show was cancelled right then and there?

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion receives a score of
3 Sword Art Onlines
or
0.6 Tengen Toppa Gurren Laganns

Time for R2!

JCG

Here's my beef:

If they had left it like this, the finale would almost be one of those "Bolivian Army" endings where everyone is left to an uncertain fate and probably going to die off-screen. It would be a bit appropriate for Lelouch and Suzaku since they're mortal enemies who have a reason to kill each other, I guess, but still largely unsatisfactory in other ways.

Technically there was no chance of that happening though. The final two episodes aired months after the TV broadcast, so even the creators and everyone else already knew a second season was coming since the series had good numbers/sales/etc. by then.

cajunator

Banned
Fuck. Just marathoned half of Steins Gate. I actually teared up at the end of episode 12. So sad.

Without spoiling, can someone tell me if the ending is good? I'm really hoping this doesn't turn super dark at the end.

yep it is!

Thank fucking god. I would hate it if the show suddenly kills everyone and completely changes atmosphere.

This show is the best I have seen in a long whole. Why did no one ever recommend it to me? I literally found it by chance.

I recommend Steins;Gate all the time!

duckroll

4vMdBoA.jpg

Nobunaga the Fool finally has an actual TV anime announced for Jan 2014. Before this it was that crazy Kawamori scifi sengoku multimedia stage production thing which starts performing in Dec.

Director: Eiichi Sato
Mecha Design: Shoji Kawamori
Character Design: Hirotaka Marufuji
Production: Satelight

Eventual website: http://www.nobunaga.tv/

Jarmel

Banned
Nobunaga the Fool finally has an actual TV anime announced for Jan 2014. Before this it was that crazy Kawamori scifi sengoku multimedia stage production thing which starts performing in Dec.

Director: Eiichi Sato
Mecha Design: Shoji Kawamori
Character Design: Hirotaka Marufuji
Production: Satelight

Eventual website: http://www.nobunaga.tv/

That CGI in that picture completely kills any interest I have in this.

• Code Geass R2 01
water u up to now lulu

I can actually tolerate this third OP. And now I get to learn about new characters!

now we finally get to see what all this gambling is about.

HAHAHA BLATANT PIZZA HUT RETURNS

Did they ever even properly explain where Kallen learned to fight?

CC always dying at the best times

I AM THE LAW

Code Geass R2 03
One of the things I think I've appreciated the most over my watching of the series is how well Lelouch's English voice actor is performing. He really sounds entirely intimidating while pulling off the high school kid.

You keep it then, Rolo.

Even though CC is best girl, Shirley is also a good choice

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Code Geass R2 03
One of the things I think I've appreciated the most over my watching of the series is how well Lelouch's English voice actor is performing. He really sounds entirely intimidating while pulling off the high school kid.
Watching Code Geass without Norio Wakamoto is just wrong.

Pretty sure the Japanese BD has English subs on it (presumably the translation that was shown at SLA a few weeks back, which was fine), so...

Wait, doesn't the Steins;Gate BD come out in mid-December? I think I mixed it up with the Madoka movie that just aired. That's the one I think wont have subs until July or something.

duckroll

The Wind Rises US Poster. I wonder why they're using the Touchstone label for this Ghibli and not the Disney label?

That's a fucking smart decision. They're positioning it as a more adult film compared to the typical Miyazaki/Ghibli movie, which fits the tone of the material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom